Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

superk

Control your controls

Are you right-handed? Left-handed? Based on that, do you prefer a specific set of keyboard controls over another? In other terms, do you want to be able to edit the keys you use to interact with ee?

With customizable keyboard controls, users would have a whole new level of control over how they moved and interacted with the game. Sure, you can use the arrow keys or the WASD keys, but that's just so limited. If you had an option menu with a series of input boxes like the ones below:

Up: I
Left: J
Down: K
Right: L
Jump: Shift
Show usernames: S
Godmode: (disabled if you don't have the code): A
Minimap: D
Toggle "more bricks":Default (none)

then you could suit the controls however you liked!

Comments, concerns, and questions are all appreciated!

Last edited by superk (Aug 31 2011 8:12:25 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Re: Control your controls

I don't really think it is necessary...but it is ok.

#3 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Nice idea! It will make the game more user friendly!

#4 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I think we're all comfortable with the current controls. VNrAE.png

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Aug 30 2011 9:29:16 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

superk

But if you want to change them...

#6 Before February 2015

Mister_Stupid

I really want to, because my keyboard is damaged
Also, I'd like to "move" minimap from "M" to "Shift" because with this I can use my right hand with mouse only

Great idea

#7 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Well I'm used to the controls but I would like to change the open block bar button from tab to something else like 1,2, or 3. It's a simple good idea.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#8 Before February 2015

catking00

nice. cuz some people play games where ijkl are to move and s is jump, a attack(god mode), and d is shield(minimap). so they got so used to that they want EE to be like that

#9 Before February 2015

green_meklar

Hell yes. I'm tired of using my slow, unreliable spacebar for jumping. ESDF for movement, A for jump would make life so much easier.

Also, the thing right now where certain combinations of arrow keys prevent jumping needs to be fixed (the same thing does not occur with WASD, but trying to combine WASD and the spacebar is just too uncomfortable).

#10 Before February 2015

catking00

for me i CANT press up, left, and space at the same time. they cancel each other out. in bzflag my weak spot is when people jump left.

superk 1423734805226627

Board footer