Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Flames13

Could we have Titles?

I'm thinking that maybe we could have titles. It may not improve the game in anyway but it could help us see who everyone is, in a way. The titles would be gained in different ways. Say if you just signed up and the first time you log in the game could notify you that you gained a title which could be something like...'New Player' or something like that. If you have been playing for a certain amount of time you could gain a better title that just 'New Player' and the titles could keep getting better. Maybe if you buy beta access you could get a 'Pro Member' title. I think that maybe if you have been playing for a year or more you could get a title saying 'EE Lover' possibly a bit different. Then I am thinking you can equip which title you want to have on by going into a certain tab in the energy shop, or a different screen altogether. The title equipped would shop up above or below the persons name in game. And somewhere in the profile it would show all titles earned.

I'm know this feature may not improve the game at all but I still think it would be nice to know who it is you are with. I won't mind any negative feed back by anyone because this is just a suggestion after all, I don't care if it goes in or not but I would like it to.

Flames13

#2 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Re: Could we have Titles?

Just because your beta does not mean you are a pro.

#3 Before February 2015

Flames13

Good point kingpooultra. Maybe if we do get titles that one should not say 'Pro Member'

Flames13

#4 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

How about the title: Beta Member?

#5 Before February 2015

Flames13

Yeah in my first post i was originally going to call it that. But on the website dont they say something about Pro and Beta?

#6 Before February 2015

demango

The problem is, I can only see this:
1. Making EE more like this forum
2. Giving people more bragging rights about how long they'd been playing.

Last edited by demango (Oct 2 2011 5:58:53 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Flames13 wrote:

Yeah in my first post i was originally going to call it that. But on the website dont they say something about Pro and Beta?

Beta = Beta on the Beta site
Pro = Beta on the original site

#8 Before February 2015

Panic

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
Flames13 wrote:

Beta = Beta on the Beta site
Pro = Beta on the original site

No, Beta is Beta on the regular/Beta sites.
Pro is a nerfed version of Beta on Kongregate.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#9 Before February 2015

Cyral

demango wrote:

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#10 Before February 2015

Flames13

So demoango and EE beast, you both think this is a bad idea? What if you eliminated getting titles for playing for a certain amount of time? would that help?

Flames13

#11 Before February 2015

VOIPE2000

Hmm.... your idea is certainly very cool. Like they created some instructions for new people, they can show to other people if they are "noobs", professionals(who has played for long time), or senior. It is a real good idea. :rolleyes:

#12 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Where would it show the title? Under your name?

All I can imagine is a whole bunch of titles when I am trying to read chat, that would get pretty ****ing annoying.

#13 Before February 2015

Muffin

"Climb up the stairs" should give you "Noob". I would so use that title.

#14 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I though that someone already suggested but I don't know for sure. It seems to me that you what some titles or some sort of Callsign like in Call of Duty whereas you have to unlock them for doing something like getting wizard and you get a callsign that says The Magician or get X amount of magic coins and get a callsign that says Magical I don't know what the y could be, but they'd be an awesome addition to EE.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#15 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I think it's a good idea that could just be like an add-on on profiles. You have a list of titles you've achieved, and you can change what shows on your profile.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#16 Before February 2015

Flames13

xputnameherex wrote:

Where would it show the title? Under your name?

I mentioned in the post. Titles are shown BELOW the name and only ONE will show at a time, this is the one they chose to put on.

Flames13

Last edited by Flames13 (Oct 4 2011 12:15:21 am)

#17 Before February 2015

~Pure~

is everybody here a mofo or something? jesus you just want a title so you look " pro " against others. just acting like you are pro isnt good enough. btw, this has been suggested before so i ask for close topic.

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

I think it's a good idea that could just be like an add-on on profiles. You have a list of titles you've achieved, and you can change what shows on your profile.

This.

Also, ~Pure~ seems hella butthurt for some indiscernible reason.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

demango

Titles for "beta member" and "pro member" would just be a shortened way to read part of the profile. So I think that a title would be like a bio: only on the profile. If that were the case, then I dislike this idea a little less.

Titles like "EpicGuy" and "N00by" (although like some failsites **COUGH** Cartoon Network **COUGH**) would be a decent idea IF every name had a voting system. For the title to be put into effect, you would have to go to a person's profile, and have at least one person that IS NOT you vote positively on it.

But I don't think that Chris should waste his time on this when he could be doing so many more productive things, like putting in more blocks!

#20 Before February 2015

~Pure~

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

This.

Also, ~Pure~ seems hella butthurt for some indiscernible reason.

lol umadbr0?

#21 Before February 2015

tailschao

this is mainly just ranks, but people would continuesly name themselfs "moderator" or "admin". anyways, this could go in profiles, but otherwise it could be a good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#22 Before February 2015

dol257

I do not think this is a bad idea, as long as the titles are not like competition smilies. (if you don t get them, your screwed)

#23 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

With more titles we could have more competitions, make EE more competitive with more contest and that where titles could come in.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

No. This is completely pointless, and it would effect the least important aspect of the game.

#25 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

demango wrote:

I don't REALLY see how these are problems, but I get where you're coming from.
I really like this idea actually. I'd love to have a title for people who have been playing for over a year saying "EE Veteran"

+rep for this idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Flames13 1423735675225757

Board footer