Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

superk

Anti-Troll Items

OK, so you want a level that you can give the code to people, but you don't want any trolls. Well, here are a few of my ideas to prevent trolling:

-"Freeze Button"-Freezes the level so that only the owner can move, and when clicked shows the last five seconds of editing...over...and over...and over. Basically the owner can see who is trolling and can kick them easily.

-"Troll Selector"-Used in conjunction with the freeze button, you would drag a blanket over trolls and they would then:
be kicked from the level or
held there on display for five minutes before being allowed to leave. The go to lobby button would be disabled, and ee would automatically go to full screen.

-"Troller Notifier"-In the top righthand corner of the screen, the text would show the person who had edited the most in the last five seconds.

-"Watcher"-When you typed a username of a person in that level into the box and clicked watch, you would automatically watch that person, basically viewing them from their perspective. Could be used in conjunction with troller notifier.

So, what do you think? All of these items would only be available to the owner of the level, and would be able to be hidden by deselecting a check box labeled: "Anti troll Items"

#2 Before February 2015

Panic

Re: Anti-Troll Items

One, I believe stuff like this has been suggested.
Two, it the most abusable thing I've ever heard of.
Three, trolling is not against the non-existent rules. If you have a problem with it, too bad.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#3 Before February 2015

Master1

Trolls are amazing. Which means this list is pointless, if you make a bad level it deserves what it gets.
#2 is just gay. Not letting users go to the lobby or X-out of the game is just plain dumb.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#4 Before February 2015

Ruiner

3 and 4 are the only ones that could be realistically implemented.
1 would require the game to constantly record all editing which would probably cause lag.
2 would basically turn EE into malware. You seriously think allowing users to cause other users to lose control of their computers for five minutes is a good idea?

If you don't want people trolling your levels, don't give out the code to people you don't know and trust. Simple as that.

#5 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

It's a good idea except some of it is bad a notifier & watcher is okay.
Problem is EE game doesn't have any rules against trolling.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#6 Before February 2015

Muftwin

troll notifyer i would love it would prove that i can speededit faster than everyone else how about ramping it up to 30 seconds

the rest seems pointless you really already have to be an idiot to get trolled because if you do you must have given someone the code or they guessed it if they guessed it it must have been really obvious if you gave it to them and you dont trust them... if they do troll you should know who has the code and you can kick them and loadlevel. if you didnt save before you gave them the code....

#7 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

People are beginning to come up with anti-troll stuff. Seriously?
Simply never give out the code. Done, easy, and done.

Last edited by Garfield2436 (Oct 9 2011 9:06:11 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Ratburntro44
Website

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=11357&p=2

Now let's see where you got idea number one from...

#9 Before February 2015

srat23

That is a very good idea!
Lets use it!:D:D:D:D:D

#10 Before February 2015

Shift

"Freeze button": Suggested a few times already. However, it's a great idea, so whatever.
"Troll Selector": No. Are you really that lazy?
"Troll notifier": Haven't we been over this? There are countless problems with this, and I really don't feel like summarizing them, so go search.
"Watcher": That's kind of creepy, but sure.

superk 1423735824225608

Board footer