Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Contest revamp.

I had this idea a little while ago, it might be good for the next contest, since there's no way it could work now.
Works as so:

Like how there's a beta and a normal client, there could be a contest client specifically for contests.
It could be disconnected from both beta and normal clients, and basically only have a list of the worlds you have.
You sign up on the forums, as usual.
Contest organizers would have to create an account for the team on this contest client.
Your team name would be your 'username', if it's too long, abbreviate it. Wipe the database at every contest, so if your team is 'epic win', someone else could have that next contest.
When you sign up, you could get perhaps a message on your EE account, or email, or maybe a forum PM. This could contain the username and pass to get in the contest client. When team members are changed or something, a new pass is generated. You'd basically have to rely on your team members not to share the pass. This would eliminate having to wait for the person who owns the world to get on to change the key.

This contest account would have all blocks, decorations, bgs, unlimited coin doors, portals, spawns, etc, etc, since contests are for world building, perhaps even an exclusive set just for the contest. No diamond, though. They only have the basic smileys, and no shop.
There can be unlimited instances of the account in the world, with chat.

On the account, they have one world of each size. They work until the deadline, and then the account is locked. No editing.
The finished level is transferred to the normal client, and the world is wiped from the account, and perhaps the account is deleted.
It would be a hell of a lot of work to code. It would be a hell of a lot of work for setting up the accounts and transferring levels, but it would eliminate most user-side problems with people not being online to give the code, etc. You could have everything you could need to make your level, and it would be efficient for the contestants. You could work whenever you want, with whatever you want, with the only people who could troll your level being your teammates.

Anything I didn't address? Thoughts, opinions?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#2 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Re: Contest revamp.

Very good idea. But I doubt it could be implemented in time for this Halloween Contest.

#3 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I mentioned that in the very first sentence, bro. I only had the idea about a week ago, so... well, there's always next time, although Chris might be too lazy to code it.

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#4 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Very great idea, but which normal client gets to keep the level when the account gets deleted?

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#5 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

While it would take a lot of work to code, this would make is soooo much easier for the team members to use and eliminate team issues.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#6 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

a3person wrote:

Very great idea, but which normal client gets to keep the level when the account gets deleted?

I was thinking about this, and I suppose it could work in a number of ways:
- Level gets totally deleted.
- 1 member gets level. [Con: Free world.]
- Some sort of contest levels showcase?

Hm.

#7 Before February 2015

Cyral

Just... Perfect... Awesome idea!

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#8 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:
a3person wrote:

I was thinking about this, and I suppose it could work in a number of ways:
- Level gets totally deleted.
- 1 member gets level. [Con: Free world.]
- Some sort of contest levels showcase?

Hm.

I think I member gets the level but the level would be un-editable, deciding who gets it should be discussed by the team members though.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#9 Before February 2015

Vyvo

EE Beast wrote:

Indeed, it's the best idea i've seen today https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#10 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Vyvo wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Indeed, it's the best idea i've seen today https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#11 Before February 2015

iYam

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Vyvo wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

I like the idea. This is one of the ideas that comes to your mind and you just have to share it because it's brilliant.
Excellent.

However, I don't think the team names should be wiped out every time, because this way noobs will be able to steal EX Crew's name, etc.
I also think that after the contest is over, in the Lobby of the Contest Client, there should be a list of the worlds, so you will be able to search the worlds by teams and by names within the client itself. Maybe each contest in another tab. It will be a lot easier than to just randomly give the world to someone, in my opinion, because it could create some humanity issues.

#12 Before February 2015

raider118

i like this but i think that you should have 50 coin doors and 20 portals.

Zoey20701423736092225340

Board footer