Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Customizable lobby

If anyone wants to make me some graphics for this, I'd be glad to pay you in +rep.

Whenever a new lobby is introduced, there are those who like it and those who don't. A lot of times, this is because the ups outweigh the downs and vice-versa. Well, why not have a lobby that you like everything about, not just a few?

Well, a customizable lobby may be for us! You'd have your choice between tabs: Shop tabs (yes, in the lobby, not that popup), blog tabs, and level tabs. It's pretty self-explanatory: Shop tabs are portals to the shop, blog tabs are portals to the blog, and level tabs are portals to the level menus.

Before I go into any further detail, let me explain the concept of windows and tabs.

Tabs are things that show individual things, such as the "open worlds" menu tab right now, or the "locked world" tab right now.
Windows are like the blog thing or the current level menu: A group of tabs or a full menu. Much like browser menus, you have the main window and then you have tabs. You may only have one tab, but you still have a window.

Whenever you drag a new tab onto the lobby, you create a new window. If you want to add a tab to an existing window, just drag the tab to... an existing window. You'd also be able to have something new: Custom windows.

Custom windows are windows that you type a string into that tells it what to do.

Let's say you really like things that say "Ohh!". You don't want to limit it to just levels, but you don't want to search the blog, so you decide to allow it to search the shop and all types of levels. You'd type something like
(In:shop&levels (or just Not In:Blog) Match string "Ohh!")
It'd give you a tab that returns results from the shop and levels, and anything with the text "Ohh!" in it would show up. That means if you haven't bought the "Ohh!" smiley, you'd see that in the tab/window, and you'd also see any levels with "Ohh" in the name, since you can't have punctuation in the name without WPE.

Any combination of tabs is possible: You could seperate the level tabs into individual windows, or you could do away with certain tabs, and just have the others.

I'm sure there's more I meant to say, but I got sidetracked.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Re: Customizable lobby

I'll film my iPad eating olives if that comes within a year.

#3 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

This is the best idea ever.

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

^-^

I actually thought of this a while back, when the newest version of the lobby came out (The day of the blog post about Peter)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

So Peter's update must'v push your buttons and you decided to publish this idea. I do like the old lobby better though so I agree.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Nah, I just came up with the idea at that time. It's not like I had a reason to hate it, I like the way it is now. I mean, I liked the original lobby the most (where it had 3 or 4 seperate level windows, beta, open, locked, etc.), but I like the way the new tabs worked. I wanted a way to combine the two, and this idea was born.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

jakebot

I could make some graphics for this. Well, I could but now I'm on a mac, so I'd have to use the Gimp instead of paint. Hmmm.... :/

#8 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

rob1nfly wrote:

This is the best idea ever.

Look at thy post above you. Srs the best idea ever?

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

So, any other ideas? I don't want this to die D:

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

sponge15567

It's dead //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

And I'm sure that's cause to post a post with just that content, though.
Consider this a revival.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

I like this idea about customizing the lobby! Thank you for bringing this up Jade. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

It'd Jad and you're welcome!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1423736171225261

Board footer