Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#201 Before February 2015

bgic

Re: Update Discussion

ee is unplayable if u follow a friend you go to the uncorrect world and u cant play or u get kicked
the new intro screeen is nice

Wooted by:

#202 Before February 2015

Superbaas

Well I have a pic of the new EE HomeScreen for you guys dT1bN.png
neweescreen.png

^^ Epic

Wooted by:

#203 Before February 2015

Master1

Problems with the new update (April 26th)

<Everything is color coated, problems/explanations of the same color go together>

- EE loading screen now loads even slower
- Friends can only be added using emails
- Friends can only be accepted through emails
- You can join any level a friend is in (I'll explain why this is bad below)
- You can only be in 1 world at 1 time

It was fast, then after scifi, it became slow, now it's even slower... epic fix guys...
Adding friends with emails is just stupid, why not just have it so you type in the username?
Friends accepted through emails? that's extremely unnecessary, a simple box of whose friended you when you log in is enough
To me this is the worst. I work on many levels alone and like to not be bothered while working, with this, even if my level names are censored. People can still just walk right in.
I understand this is part of how to show which room a user is in, but it's also very irritating for those who like to play on multiple tabs

Until those are fixed this update will remain just as bad as the others :/

- However, I do like how your smiley stays the same in between switching levels, and even appears on your friends list.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#204 Before February 2015

MrScaniaV8Super

I don't know any of my friends emails, so I can't add friends! it should be changed to "username"

Last edited by MrScaniaV8Super (Apr 26 2012 2:17:15 pm)

Wooted by:

#205 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

dutchtimNL wrote:

tako this is outdated, place the friends list on 26th April.
Love to see that the guys are back at working on the game!

No worries, OP completely updated.

Great to see EE growing and supporting an in-game community, but there are a few kinks - like slower speeds and awkward email identification.

Great update nonetheless.

PS: What on earth is the intro screen supposed to be? It looks like the house from Hansel and Gretel with a lollipop house next to it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#206 Before February 2015

Glenn21

Shouldn't you be able to type in the username to add a friend instead of their email adress?
This way lots of people, especially kids, will share their personal email address with strangers all over the world and I don't want everybody to know my personal email address just for adding friends.
This can also make hacking a bit easier because hackers will know what email address they have to hack.
By changing it, you will also be able to add people as a friend who are using facebook or kongregate to play EE, because you can't add those right now.

Thanks in advance //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#207 Before February 2015

isabelle1338

For the friends: It's telling me I MUST be beta to accept. I was sent one by a beta, but I'm not beta, and I can't accept. WHY?

Wooted by:

#208 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

isabelle1338 wrote:

For the friends: It's telling me I MUST be beta to accept. I was sent one by a beta, but I'm not beta, and I can't accept. WHY?

It is my understanding the friend system works in beta only, meaning non-betas may not accept requests.

Wooted by:

#209 Before February 2015

isabelle1338

But why?? why cant it work for chat too?

Wooted by:

#210 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Ha! You think it's bad that you ee.com players have to use e-mail!

There are some of us here on Kong, you'll notice that WE DON'T HAVE E-MAILS THAT CHRIS CAN USE!!!! (Don't say that he can, I have an account on Kong with an e-mail, and an ee.com one with the same e-mail.)

This, is a stupid update. (And people are going to say that we always cry for updates, then cry when we get them), but really, I would much rather go without this update. Everything Master1 said.

Wooted by:

#211 Before February 2015

Shift

xputnameherex wrote:

Ha! You think it's bad that you ee.com players have to use e-mail

Yeah, because we all really want to give out our emails. Currently, this update is just about useless for everybody. Damn using legit emails.

Wooted by:

#212 Before February 2015

Geist

I think it is nice how you enter a world as the same facial expression as your most recent smiley, and the rest of the update is OK for the most part.

Last edited by Geist (Apr 26 2012 4:28:33 pm)

Wooted by:

#213 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Added smiley memory and username coloring.

Wooted by:

#214 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Um... You Know... Wise Words opened my eye...

rFz4

Since your beta, its your duty to test the update, guys. Not Being alarmed of it.

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Apr 26 2012 5:36:15 pm)

Wooted by:

#215 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Shift wrote:
xputnameherex wrote:

Ha! You think it's bad that you ee.com players have to use e-mail

Yeah, because we all really want to give out our emails. Currently, this update is just about useless for everybody. Damn using legit emails.

...Did you even read my post?

I know it's bad. For Kong though, it is literally impossible.

Wooted by:

#216 Before February 2015

eeplayer17

I can't believe Chris makes you pay for chat (and then censors it anyway) in order to "protect the children" but thought it was a good idea to make people have to share their email addresses in order to use the friends list.

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit, I realize it's probably because internally, the game uses your email address to identify you, and the actual user names aren't stored in such a way that they can easily be used to identify the associated account in reverse. That is, <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="166e566f3875797b">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script> knows that its associated user name is "coolguy123" but "coolguy123" doesn't know that its associated email address is <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="5d251d24733e323073">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script>

Still, Chris should change how this works as it would obviously be securer and much more convenient for the players.

Last edited by eeplayer17 (Apr 26 2012 6:27:26 pm)

Wooted by:

#217 Before February 2015

bgic

MrScaniaV8Super wrote:

I don't know any of my friends emails, so I can't add friends! it should be changed to "username"

well u can get mine if u want opm me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#218 Before February 2015

Muffin

Rant rant rant

Get rid of the stupid limit of only one connection at a time, it is super duper annoying

Ex: you can't be on a boss and work on your level between rounds.
Ex2: You can't afk a win zone then go play another level

Rant rant rant

No reason for this...

Wooted by:

#219 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

The update that occured today: eH6vC.jpg

Last edited by DylanDaSkater (Apr 27 2012 7:04:53 am)

Wooted by:

#220 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

Thank you Chris!
Now if I leave a level I reach the endless loop of loading screen! The lag was still acceptable, but having to refresh to play a new level is too much.

Wooted by:

#221 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Does anyone know what the Block thing does exactly?

Wooted by:

#222 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

I think it blocks the guy you enter, so you won't see his chat messages, and he couldn't ask you to be friends.

Wooted by:

#223 Before February 2015

FruitMonster2

I figured out how to get around the "one person per level" thing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#224 Before February 2015

I don't like it that only beta can have friends.
plus the thing is EE wont work for some odd reason.
it like will pop up but wont give me the login screen or the lobby screen. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
what moving bricks?
I haven't seen any moving bricks yet!
and why can't non-beta have friends too?

Wooted by:

#225 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

272 wrote:

I don't like it that only beta can have friends.
Why can't non-beta have friends too?

TheEverybodyEditsBlog wrote:

As we are still testing out the friends system, you have to be a beta member to actually try it. And since the system is still in beta, we might occasionally clear all friends during testing.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer