Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Zakros

Trollers should get Punished

This is very unfair... Honestly. Trollers are really taking over on EE and causing so much Trouble.
It always hapen to me that I get about 24 Coins /25 and suddently a Troller comes and mess up everything and POOF! Everyone is back from the Begining point.
I think that players that edit with more than 1000+ Blocks per 10 Seconds should get looked into by a mod and see if they Trolled or not. If they did Troll they start getting Warnings and here the mods select how much warnings and else.
So, I think like that everyone will stop crossing the line and respect the others.
Hope you understand.
P.S I made a level of mine and tryed to Troll it to see how many Blocks I'll do in 10 Seconds, I found it was like +1000.
Anyway, when a Troller comes they'll keep holding the Mouse and trolling so I think they'll get even more than 1000 Blocks per 10 Seconds.

#2 Before February 2015

St Cool

Re: Trollers should get Punished

trolling isnt against the rules its a way for getting rid of noob levels, dont make noobs levels and you wont get trolled.
also dont give out the code if you give out the code to like 2 million people then do you really expect no one to troll.
P.S. the number of trolling has decreased since i started so dont say there is more

#3 Before February 2015

Jaybm

Is trolling stupid? Yes. Is this going to happen? No. Are trolls ever gonna stop? Probably not.

Even if chris makes this a rule, people will troll as guests or alt accounts. Trolls are unstoppable.

Just saying, im not a troll.

#4 Before February 2015

Zakros

Even if chris makes this a rule, people will troll as guests or alt accounts. Trolls are unstoppable.

Probably not if there were a Turn Guests On and off Button :/

dont make noobs levels and you wont get trolled.

I was playing a Super epic level that was on the Levels Top list on the lobby. Believe me, it was so hard to complete the level, but Trollers gonna troll.
Not my fault if you're okay with Trolling //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Hah, you must be joking.
If someone had a code to that level, then it MUST have been a bad world.

#6 Before February 2015

Shift

Trolling isn't against this rules, for it is just another method of editing. If trolling were ban-able, then the game would be called Everybody Edits in a Specific Way.

If you don't want anybody to troll your level then don't give out the code.

Zakros wrote:

Probably not if there were a Turn Guests On and off Button :/

What's your solution to alt accounts? Oh, that's right, you don't have one.

Zakros wrote:

dont make noobs levels and you wont get trolled.

I was playing a Super epic level that was on the Levels Top list on the lobby. Believe me, it was so hard to complete the level, but Trollers gonna troll.

Stairs are at the top of the level list. If there are key trolls, then stairs are hard to complete. It doesn't matter if the level is hard, it matters if the level is noobly. Any level that gives out the code to anyone who finishes deserves to get trolled.

#7 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

Come on, there's nothing wrong with giving out the code (it's a better reward for completing a level than a crown). If the level owner is willing to deal with any trolls that may join the level, then that's fine. That doesn't mean he deserves to be trolled. If you don't like it, you can just leave the level, don't ruin it for the owner or anyone else who does want to play that level. The owner may have put a lot of effort into it, whether or not it's noobish.
And besides, the people that get the code who aren't trolls, then they can really add to the fun of a level adding their own art and ideas and whatnot. Also, Boss to Code levels would pretty much lose all popularity if no code was given. Boss to Crown? I don't think it's a very satisfactory reward for winning a boss 5-15 times...

#8 Before February 2015

Zakros

Quote 1:

it's a better reward for completing a level than a crown

Quote 2:

people that get the code who aren't trolls, then they can really add to the fun of a level adding their own art and ideas and whatnot

Quote 3:
Boss to Code levels would pretty much lose all popularity if no code was given.

These are the BEST reasons to Punish Trollers.
Personally, I believe that 99.9% of EE Players see the Map when they enter a level, if the Map contains a little place saying "C: ..." or an invisible little Place... They'll play, if they don't, they won't (Only if they are playing to Farm Magic or to talk with somebody maybe).

ME, for example. I only play that kind of levels, even if the level was SUPER Incredible.

Also, for Alt accounts... I don't think it's a Problem since there IS an IP Ban feature or something like that. Anyway, I don't believe people would waste their time making Accounts they know that it'll get banned so Alt accounts won't be a big problem. If it will, there WILL be a solution for it. NOTHING is Impossible just to let you know. NOTHING.

#9 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Just because a level is at the top of the list it doesn't mean it's not nooby. The trolls who know what there doing are good, which is the great majority. They get rid of stairs and unoriginal minis, bosses and so on and so forth. If you seen it before, don't play it. Simple as that. If it gives the code it's going to get trolled immidiatly, and are always nooby. Learn some names, like EXCrew (A group, not a person), Dazz, Bee, EEDD ect. These guys make good levels.

Look at the title of the game, Everybody Edits. It wouldn't be called that if you coundn't edit in the way the you, and other players edit. They like doing like the way they like doing it.

In the end, it's only a game. It's nothing to get all crazy over because of people you don't like. Play the way you want to play.

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zakros wrote:

Trollers

Trolls.

Zakros wrote:

It always hapen to me that I get about 24 Coins /25 and suddently a Troller comes and mess up everything and POOF! Everyone is back from the Begining point.

Well, that's the idea. They live for that. If I were you, I wouldn't be playing on a world where it's so easy for a troll to get the code //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Zakros wrote:

I think that players that edit with more than 1000+ Blocks per 10 Seconds should get looked into by a mod and see if they Trolled or not.

1. Trolled is capitalized everywhere here. Why?
2. I think 1000/10 seconds is a bit of a high figure.

Zakros wrote:

I found it was like +1000.

Did you actually count the bricks or were you assuming?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

They get rid of stairs and unoriginal minis, bosses and so on and so forth. If you seen it before, don't play it.

So if someone came and ruined one of your levels because they felt it was unoriginal, you would be okay with it?
Really, just because a level is unoriginal, that doesn't give anyone the right to destroy it. If you feel it's unoriginal and/or boring, then just don't play it. Many people will probably still want to play the level. Don't ruin it for them. The point of the game is to have fun, and you don't need an original level for that.
And also, people don't limit their trolling to levels that are unoriginal.

#12 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

SquidMan338 wrote:

So if someone came and ruined one of your levels because they felt it was unoriginal, you would be okay with it?

Yes, as long as they provide a reasonable excuse.

SquidMan338 wrote:

Really, just because a level is unoriginal, that doesn't give anyone the right to destroy it.

Yes, but it helps them to realize
1. Not to play levels made before
2. Do not trust strangers, Internet and real life.

Squidman338 wrote:

If you feel it's unoriginal and/or boring, then just don't play it. Many people will probably still want to play the level.

I don't play them... I'm not a troll. The people who will play the games will get bored of the levels because the see it too much about a month later. But when they find out about people who don't just make stairs, like most of us on the forum, they will stay longer.

SquidMan338 wrote:

The point of the game is to have fun, and you don't need an original level for that.

They're going to get bored sooner or later and leave.

SquidMan338 wrote:

And also, people don't limit their trolling to levels that are unoriginal.

The majority of them do, however... Has an EXCrew world been trolled recently? No, they make levels that have never been done before
You need to speak with an actual troll.

#13 Before February 2015

Zakros

just because a level is unoriginal, that doesn't give anyone the right to destroy it.

If someone will answer saying that it DOES give them the Right to Ruin it... Then I'm ruining their lifes.
I want you to know that when you make something EITHER if it is original or not, it is still YOURS and NOBODY else have the right to ruin/ destroy it. Otherly, this would be a Real-Life Rule and everyone will be ruining other people's things and only going with Original things.
Can you count HOW many people use the "Boss To Code" Game on their Levels? Do you know how many player uses the Stairs/ Gravity Arrows/ Points *More likely* EXACTLY like some other levels in their own ones? Do you know how many player makes Smileys are some -Similar-to-other-worlds-art on their levels? No. You don't. I can tell you it's over 9000!
There were never a rule to ruin others' things. And believe me, everytime I meet a troll, I try to imagine their life like beign stupid and so idiot, and if I was him, I'd just go throw myself on a hole on the Graveyard... What a shame.

#14 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

If they have been entrusted with the code they have the right to do whatever they want in that world. Give code, give rights. It's simple. Don't give the code.

Over 9000? There ain't even 9000 players. There is only about 2000 players.

#15 Before February 2015

Zakros

Give code, give rights. It's simple. Don't give the code.

For me, Giving the code is rewarding the level winner to let him Fly, Put his name on your level or probably upgrade the Bricks and/ or make more Minigames or anything.
Most of the players hate when they win and don't find the code... This stills a Suggestion anyway and I'm not going to make this so much longer.
If so much of you disagree then I'm okay with it. I was just glad I finally found a good idea to prevent trolls but looks like you all Believe trolls will never end. I promise you, I'll figure out a way to stop it! I will! You'll see!
Thanks for your attention.

#16 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

Trolls?     Punished?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube]

fgRzols.png

#17 Before February 2015

Shift

Zakros wrote:

ME, for example. I only play that kind of levels, even if the level was SUPER Incredible.

For that reason I can call you a noob.

Zakros wrote:

If someone will answer saying that it DOES give them the Right to Ruin it... Then I'm ruining their lifes.

Okay, ruin my life. Now.

Then work on your grammar.

#18 Before February 2015

*facepalm* How can trollers be punished? levels that are trolled are the ones where noobs gives the CODE.

#19 Before February 2015

guts120

It amazes me the number of people that say that trolls are 'gifts' to EE. You can't seriously think that someone scribbling over stuff is helpful! Let's say you guys did something you personally were proud of on paper. Then a 3 year old with a crayon comes along, and scribbled all over it. None of you can say that that wouldn't annoy you. And that's what trolls are like to normal people. These 'noobs' are proud of their work, so just leave it. You don't have to play it, do you?

#20 Before February 2015

Master1

Zakros wrote:

just because a level is unoriginal, that doesn't give anyone the right to destroy it.

I want you to know that when you make something EITHER if it is original or not, it is still YOURS and NOBODY else have the right to ruin/ destroy it. Otherly, this would be a Real-Life Rule and everyone will be ruining other people's things and only going with Original things.
Can you count HOW many people use the "Boss To Code" Game on their Levels? Do you know how many player uses the Stairs/ Gravity Arrows/ Points *More likely* EXACTLY like some other levels in their own ones? Do you know how many player makes Smileys are some -Similar-to-other-worlds-art on their levels? No. You don't. I can tell you it's over 9000!
There were never a rule to ruin others' things. And believe me, everytime I meet a troll, I try to imagine their life like beign stupid and so idiot, and if I was him, I'd just go throw myself on a hole on the Graveyard... What a shame.

Who said the level was theirs? The one you think is the owner of the map, is only the co-owner of the map. Chris owns all the maps, not us. So no it's not our maps, its his.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#21 Before February 2015

Zakros

For that reason I can call you a noob.

Calling someone a Noob is so stupid and can only be said from a Noob itself. Don't you think you should posting something more interesting better than calling people Noobs?

Who said the level was theirs? The one you think is the owner of the map, is only the co-owner of the map. Chris owns all the maps, not us. So no it's not our maps, its his.

Yeah, whatever... I just meant that they MADE the level... Don't go so far.

#22 Before February 2015

The trollers just got served https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Ok here is what happened...

All I had to do was go to was find the troller, add him/her too my trollers list, change the code load the level, and finely kick the troller and I'm done.
The reason I make a troller list is so I know who to kick.
Or a mod could ban them to help. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Trollers suck! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#23 Before February 2015

Master1

^lol mods should ban trollers? like I always say, it's "Everybody Edits" Not "non trollers can edit" trolling is a form of editing just like anything else. Banning them would ruin the title given to the game, and drive people away from it.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#24 Before February 2015

JalilTKai

1. Save world before releasing

2. Trolling occurs

3. Change Key

4. /loadlevel

This should get rid of trolling problems.

Last edited by JalilTKai (Feb 22 2012 3:37:44 pm)

#25 Before February 2015

KingOfStars

KINGOFSTARS' GUIDE TO AVOID TROLLING WHILE SHOWING CODE

1. Save world before releasing

2. Let people get the code

3. If they don't troll, let them make art. Try to save every minute or something

4. If they troll quick save if there is any art made by others

5. Change key

6. Find troll and kick it

7. Load latest version of level. (type /loadlevel in chat)

8. Change key back like it was before

9. Write somewhere in the level "CODE IS NOW THE SAME" --> Therefore, people who got code before can continue art, and others who didn't still don't know code

10. Once every god is back delete message

11. Repeat step 4-10 if any troll come back.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by KingOfStars (Feb 22 2012 3:46:58 pm)

Zakros 1423738249223183

Board footer