Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Re: Assisting

Wtf I havent seen this topic before now O_o
Well anyway this is a very good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#27 Before February 2015

gamez7

What if a troll hacks into a level and assists non-chat trolls to the code?

#28 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks for the comments guys!

Gamez7, what if a troll now hacks into a level and trolls your whole world? Its the same thing. You can't have a solution to every problem. The problem is now the trollers, they will always be there.

#29 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

2things, what if the assister does something stuped. falls in a trap. and then clicks done assisting or whatever? can you stop the assisting process whenever?

and, what if someone does the mini for you, guy in god mode changes the mini. then what happens? fail or just continue the mini anyway like they wernt there.

#30 Before February 2015

Wezza

- What if the assister does something stuped. falls in a trap. and then clicks done assisting or whatever? can you stop the assisting process whenever?

Yes, the one that gets assisted can click on "Stop assisting" whenever he/she wants (I already said this somewhere). But, its the one thats get assisted its own responsibility. He/she choose to accept the assisting, so also all the change of getting trapped, teleported to the start or whatever else might cause problems.

- What if someone does the mini for you, guy in god mode changes the mini. Then what happens? fail or just continue the mini anyway like they weren't there.

The assister is just like any other player, if something changes everything else changes for him/her too. So you just continue.

#31 Before February 2015

coolio

wezza wrote:
coolio wrote:

^ more like gravedig...
but this is a good idea, i hate those levels where they have the most hardest mini and a 100% possible sign above it when it's rly not.

well, no -.- ,its not a gravedig.

Muffin and Everybodyediter, good additions, but I'm not adding it to the first post, cause I think it would change the assisting to much. Cause then there is a change that there is no assisting in a level when you do want it.

actually it was. Just over 2 weeks. XD

Anyways, so anybody can assist? That seems somewhat iffy. But then, what if the person gets code while the person is assisting? Then both would get code, but only the assister would deserve it.

#32 Before February 2015

Wezza

no it wasn't over 2 weeks. I bump'd it before and i wanted to bump again. I deleted my oldest bump and made a new one. XD. If the assister gets the the code, he knows the code. Not the one that gets assisted, problem solved. If the assisted one is in the spot where he can get the code, so be it. The assister brought him/her there, so the assister could've got it him/herself too.

#33 Before February 2015

coolio

OOH! XD that makes sense now. So it's a double bump once removed? LAWLZ.

#34 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Instead of clicking on smiley's, just type:

(Person stuck) /assist [username]
/assist accept

Then the smiley's switch spots.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#35 Before February 2015

Wezza

If the person that is stuck types /assist and there are more people that invited to help, it woulc cause some problems. I think clicking on the smiley or clicking on the name in the "online" bar is the most efficient way.

#36 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

The level owner should be able to toggle on/off the ability to assist in their level.

#37 Before February 2015

Wezza

yes, I thought I already said something about this. But I'll re-post it in the main post. Thanks for telling ;p

#38 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

What if 2 people assists at a time, or someone is being annoying and trying to assist before the person who actually wants to assist assists them?

And, what if someone is assisting a person that is already assisting, I bet since the noob assister cant move the real assister when the real assister is assisting someone else, when the real assister is done assisting, then what if the real assister gets trapped in a 1 way system whilst being fake assisted?

So many s's.. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#39 Before February 2015

Betaguy

GadgetGeek wrote:

What if 2 people assists at a time, or someone is being annoying and trying to assist before the person who actually wants to assist assists them?

And, what if someone is assisting a person that is already assisting, I bet since the noob assister cant move the real assister when the real assister is assisting someone else, when the real assister is done assisting, then what if the real assister gets trapped in a 1 way system whilst being fake assisted?

So many s's.. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Just click a button to dont be assisted, I think Wezza already said that ...

#40 Before February 2015

tailschao

I still like the idea, but i doubt Chris will make it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#41 Before February 2015

Wezza

I can't actually ask you why not, cause you're banned... sadly...
Thanks for you comment GadgetGeek, and thanks to Betaguy for answering the question (:

#42 Before February 2015

Wezza

bump

Last edited by Wezza (Jul 2 2011 3:40:58 am)

#43 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Still a really good idea. Im pretty sure that it will be added.

#44 Before February 2015

222hockey222

I think that if you ask someone for assistance the pop-up will not appear until the person that got asked STOPS MOVING. Without this, one person may be doing a very hard minigame, then right as he almost beats it, someone asks for assistance, getting in the person's way so they have to restart the hard minigame.

#45 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I love it! It seems you thought of all of the possible loopholes in advance as well. I think more than half of the magic coin reward should go to the person actually getting the reward, more like 60-75% of it.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#46 Before February 2015

Wezza

222hockey222 wrote:

I think that if you ask someone for assistance the pop-up will not appear until the person that got asked STOPS MOVING. Without this, one person may be doing a very hard minigame, then right as he almost beats it, someone asks for assistance, getting in the person's way so they have to restart the hard minigame.

Indeed, it would work just like the chat balloons and the names under your smiley.

JadElClemens - Haha, well i thought of some. But some people asked me questions and I putted the Q and A's on there too. Also 60-75% to the one that assists?

Thanks for the positive reactions.

#47 Before February 2015

epicstonemason

This defeats the entire purpose of playing EE yourself.

#48 Before February 2015

Wezza

Well, thats not true. You can ask for assistance when you're stuck on a mini, or you can't do it because of the lags. Also, the one who is assisting can choose when to stop. So you do have to do mini's your own.

#49 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

epicstonemason wrote:

This defeats the entire purpose of playing EE yourself.

It only defeats the purpose of playing EE by yourself it you let it defeat the purpose.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#50 Before February 2015

Wezza

The purpose of EE is originally editing, obviously. So it doesn't defeat anything.

mutantdevle1616700647789077

Board footer