Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Kangxp

Chat Demerit Points

The idea for this is that everyone would have chat (those who already purchased would be refunded in gems?) and there would be a new demerit system.
If Player A says a vulgarity/curse word, he will get 1 demerit point (will be notified).
When enough demerit points are accumulated, the player will receive disadvantages.
Each day, 1 demerit point will be deducted from each player (min 0)
This also applies to signs and world names.

10 D.P: Lose ability to chat to room
15 D.P: Lose ability to chat to friends
25 D.P: Lose ability to place signs
30 D.P: 5 days' temporary ban (D.P is still deducted)

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#2 Before February 2015

Slushie

Re: Chat Demerit Points

The censor seems good enough to prevent vulgar language if you ask me.

Also, how can a player reach 30 DP if every possible form of communication is revoked after 25 DP?

ok

#3 Before February 2015

Kangxp

Slushie wrote:

Also, how can a player reach 30 DP if every possible form of communication is revoked after 25 DP?

Kangxp wrote:

As you can test for yourself, if you set the world name to a censored word, it would also show up as '****'.
If there were many players in a room and the title was set to '[curseword] me' it might be offensive to some players.
I think that ought to count too. 30DP is also 1 month of regenerating.

derp
go watch mlp
just search "mlp sweep"

#4 Before February 2015

Creature

You know we can just put a extra letter to fool ee, likely ****.

This is a false statement.

#5 Before February 2015

skullz17

Oh so now **** is offensive. What is the point in this if there is already a system 'preventing' the same problem?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 Before February 2015

Slushie

Kangxp wrote:
Slushie wrote:

Kangxp wrote:

As you can test for yourself, if you set the world name to a censored word, it would also show up as '****'.
If there were many players in a room and the title was set to '[curseword] me' it might be offensive to some players.

So the only way to get banned is by making 5 offensive world names after collecting 25 DP?

ok

#7 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kangxp wrote:
Slushie wrote:

Kangxp wrote:

Making a world name censored is useful, as it does not appear in the lobby, useful for making levels private without letting out your friends. I would not want to be punished for keeping my levels private.

#8 Before February 2015

Kangxp

N1KF wrote:

Making a world name censored is useful, as it does not appear in the lobby, useful for making levels private without letting out your friends. I would not want to be punished for keeping my levels private.

Have you ever heard of the command /visible?
/visible false hides your world, while /visible true will show it again.
No wonder newbies are bad at handling their own worlds.

derp
go watch mlp
just search "mlp sweep"

#9 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kangxp wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That command is different. If your level title censored, players can get through all means except the lobby (URL, friend list, world portal...) Since it is likely that the only people coming in will be your friends (or your friends' friends), it is useful for making a friend-only world. /visible false does not allow anybody to join, no matter where they come from unless they have your account.

#10 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Kangxp wrote:

The irony...

#11 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

N1KF wrote:
Kangxp wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That command is different. If your level title censored, players can get through all means except the lobby (URL, friend list, world portal...) Since it is likely that the only people coming in will be your friends (or your friends' friends), it is useful for making a friend-only world. /visible false does not allow anybody to join, no matter where they come from unless they have your account.

Could be altering /visible for more customization.

Kangxp1423743999217433

Board footer