Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

The management of Everybody Edits.

This topic is to discuss the state and future states of the management of EE. This topic hereby renders all other topics discussing this issue null.

FYI an official announcement will be made by Cape Copenhagen soon. The Guardians, using their infinite wisdom decided to disclose information sooner than Cape would have liked.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 Before February 2015

Creature

Re: The management of Everybody Edits.

Everybody Edits is reaching the version 2.0.0.0, that's exactly like EE2, very bad.

This is a false statement.

#3 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Merge them into this topic if need be. However, I recommend backing up the forum posts beforehand. I think the merge function might be bugged.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 Before February 2015

Helvi

Nice step from Cape Copenhagen. Let unpaid children make updates.

I have the feeling that if Mr Soviet Ruler feels offended he pokes his friend Mr H to ban someone.
And soon we see more of the guardians friends having a shiny purple aura of imcompetence.

All of them are mentally unable to run the game. Period.

Hi.

#5 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Well besides the obvious fact that the Guardians running the game is not a popular idea, I think that suggestions would be the best way forward in dealing with this.

#6 Before February 2015

Helvi

They are eager to implement anything the community comes up with.
But thats all.

They cannot run a community and act on fair judgement, common sense and their own rules - which is a death sentence to pretty much everyone who slighlty angers them.

Hi.

#7 Before February 2015

Creature

Helvi is true, JaWapa never run a game, neither a remake and hate being disagreed.

#8 Before February 2015

planecool
Website

where the hell is the topic for this post

please move it don't close it good mods. I spent a long time making it.

We have big news! Everybody Edits has a new owner!   MrShoe and MrVoid are very busy people and could no longer find time to work on the game. What does this mean for the game then? More updates, bug fixes, and more feature implementation.
Our first task was to extend the Everybody Edits staff.   We have asked Toop, Master1, Thanel, and UltraBass to help us. They have all agreed, and so the new Everybody Edits team is now:
Moderators: NVD, JaWapa, Toop.
Guardians: Kingoftheozone, Thanel, UltraBass, Master1.
The second thing we did, was work extensively on updates. As soon as we heard the news that we were going to run the game now, we instantly went to work. With the entire team working very hard, we are about to release one of the biggest updates ever to EE.
See you in the worlds,
The new Everybody Edits team.
EDIT: Beta is now available in the Energy Shop for $7,50

A few weeks ago, MrShoe contacted the guardian team telling us that he could no longer work on Everybody Edits.
This gave us a few options; we could either shut the game down for good, give the game back to Chris Benjaminsen, or find someone else to run it.
NVD, and I started talking about what we wanted to do.   We decided to try and get the game turned over to us.
We let MrShoe know, and he said he would talk with a couple other people about it.   The guardian team went straight to work.
In two weeks, we were able to prepare one of the biggest updates Everybody Edits has ever had.
But we didn't do it by ourselves.   We had a lot of help from Thanel, Toop, Master1, and Ultrabass.
What does it mean now that Everybody Edits has new owners?   Well, it means EE will finally get the attention is needs.
It will get a lot more updates, a lot more bug fixes, better moderation, and better management.
We have extended the EE staff so that we have more people working on updates and testing.
We have also decided that all of the money raised from Everybody Edits will go into a PayPal account, and be spend only towards advertisement, and bills.
Now that we will not need to go through someone else inorder to update the game, we can update the game when ever we want.
There will be no more waiting for months at a time, while MrShoe is off on vacation for the eighth time in the last three months.
Things are about to get a lot better for EE.   I have doubts that we will be able to save EE.   However, I do not expect very many older players from coming back.   I would expect a whole new player base to come in.   Nonetheless, things are going to get better.   And if things do not go as planned, well at least we can say we tried to save something that mattered to most us at one time or another.   It's a lot better than sitting back and complaining about nothing ever being done, and saying the game is dead but refuse to do anything.

I dislike the fact that beta is avaible in the shop, I enjoyed taht it set me apart since ive had it since 2010.
I left for a short while yet I came back for this. I wholeheartedly support this game and the new mods and hope this desperate ploy succeeds.
oto is on my friends list as is jawpawa and I love hanging out with them. In fact people like master1, and thanel, kingoftheozone and jawapa kept me in the game helvi is great but is **** off. You guys should not be leaking stuff every other second you need a nda Or nondisclosure agreement. There should also be a rule that you need to prove your over 16 to run the game. We do not need baby mods.
I do think we need a better way of keeping track of friends. And we need a way to /pm or/msg people though worlds not just in worlds. A lobby chat would be nice. As would a way of seeing who owns a world from the lobby.
Overall I see you all making a best of a bad situation and I came back to watch the hell come down.

Definition of a Guardian: A Guardian is a player of Everybody Edits. Then, being accepted into the Volunteer program rewards their knowledge about the game and contributions to the community. To be a Volunteer means that the player will get certain tasks that will help the other players in the community. The expected tasks, guidelines, and procedures will be updated when required.

The “Non-Disclosure Agreement” referred to as NDA/Oath of Silence.

It is only possible to be a Guardian by accepting the terms of the Guardian NDA and Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions. Entering and accepting membership in the Guardian team, confirms the advisors acceptance and understanding to uphold all policies including the “Guardian NDA and Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions”.

The Volunteer is not allowed to reveal any information about this Agreement or anything that is covered in it, with anyone but other Volunteers or employees of Cape Copenhagen. Further, the Volunteer shall not reveal any information regarding passwords, URLs to Volunteer-sites, tools, documents, procedures, or any other non-Volunteer would not normally know. Volunteers are not allowed to discuss details of the Volunteer program in other forums.

If an Volunteer violates the provisions herein or other guidelines for Volunteers, or behaves in a manner which does not conform to the role as a Volunteer, like disrespect of seniority both Cape Copenhagen and the leadership of the Guardians reserves the right to revoke the status as Volunteer and/or the status of player, and close the player account. The mentioned sanctions may enter into force with immediate effect and without warning.

It is not allowed to mix up interest regarding Play vs Volunteer, as making use of any privileges as an Volunteer in order to assist or gaining information concerning others or own accout. This will be considered a violation of the Volunteer/Play Separation policy and the Guardian NDA and Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions.

The Volunteer is required to delete all information received as an Volunteer upon termination of Volunteer or player status.

This agreement will stay in force after finalization of services within the Guardian team.

Both the NDA and Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions is subject of change.

The Volunteer Program Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

DEFINITIONS

A Volunteer (“YOU”) is a player of Everybody Edits that has applied to and been accepted to be part of a player based group that assists the game communitiy by providing feedback, suggestions and input related to the game and management of the Volunteer program.

The Volunteer Program, which may also be referred to as “Guardians”, requires acceptance of this agreement and the included “Non Disclosure Agreement” as well as all Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions that accompany the game.

NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
The Volunteer, “You”, may have access to websites, tools, documents, information and procedures that are not available to the general public. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of this information. Discussions of these materials, accesses, procedures, tools and any other information gained by membership in this program, may not be shared with anyone other than Cape Copenhagen employees or those within the “Program” with a need to know.

A volunteer’s status may be revoked at any time and without notice by Cape Copenhagen or authorized representatives. Violations of this agreement, the Non Disclosure Agreement, program policies or game policies may lead to volunteer status revocation. A Volunteer’s status may be revoked at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice by Cape Copenhagen or authorized representatives. In the event that Volunteer status is terminated by Cape Copenhagen, an authorized representative or the Volunteer, You agree to delete all information related to the program, to refrain from attempting to access such information and maintain confidentiality of any information acquired while a member of the Program.

To protect the integrity of the game, It is not allowed to mix interests regarding Play vs Volunteer, as making use of any privileges as a Volunteer in order to assist or gaining information concerning others or your own Player Characters would be of serious detriment to the game. This will be considered a violation of the Volunteer/Play Separation policy and the Everybody Edits Terms and Conditions

PRIVACY

Information provided to administer the volunteer program may include proof of identity, account names , proof of age and contact information. This information is not sold or shared and is for use only by Cape Copenhagen authorized staff and selected members of the Volunteer team.

VOLUNTEER STATUS

All activities performed as a Volunteer are set out on a voluntary basis, and nothing herein shall be regarded to constitute an employer-employee relationship between Cape Copenhagen and the Volunteer. Cape Copenhagen shall under no circumstances be obliged to pay the Volunteer any compensation or other payment. Cape Copenhagen may, at its’ discretion, provide volunteers rewards based on contributions.

Any material created to benefit the Program while a member of the Program, (including text, images, ideas and code) become the property of Cape Copenhagen and you offer the material for use without charge. If you do not wish items created by you to be used by Cape Copenhagen without charge, do not submit the items.

And I hope the guardians follow this rule set. Honestly its hard to be a player and a mod. Its a hell of a tough job and a lot of hard choices are being made lately.

Oh and a teaser for the new level im working on!!
Kingoftheozone jawapa anch pingonots and some of my other freinds are helping me out on it.

Last edited by planecool (Feb 6 2015 1:17:17 pm)

* CYPH1E > YOU: [I'm] half bot pig man bear.

yEe4NdJb.jpg

50 dollars + salvaged computer parts.

#9 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Meredith wrote:

This topic is to discuss the state and future states of the management of EE. This topic hereby renders all other topics discussing this issue null.

FYI an official announcement will be made by Cape Copenhagen soon. The Guardians, using their infinite wisdom decided to disclose information sooner than Cape would have liked.

I agree. Not really wise to claim ownership of the game when cape hasn't made an official announcement, even if it is true.

#10 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

How would the community react if I were to post disruptive tools? And/or codes and instructions to make your own private server.

#11 Before February 2015

Noctis

I don't get how this is bad. We'll get updates based on suggestions we've always wanted.

#12 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Badly, of course. But what's the point? Do you hate the community that much? >_>

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I find the situation to be abhorrent and am currently assessing every and all options.

#14 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I thought this was a kid's game.

#15 Before February 2015

Creature

SmittyW. wrote:

I thought this was a kid's game.

And it is, its a game being run by kids.

#16 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If you don't like the situation, why not dump the forums on someone else and leave entirely? You don't need to take it out on the community left that still likes the game.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Why are the same people who claim to no longer be playing ee always trying to be despots who think they know best for this game.

#18 Before February 2015

Helvi

Meredith, will you also restrict access to the forum for JaWapa, Toop (Brushfire), Kingoftheozone, Thanel, UltraBass, Master1 ?

How would the community react if anyone publishes harmful tools? I would not mind to be fair. The recent descission in "EE Management" is the worst so far. It just sucks.

When Mr Soviet Ruler feels offended he talks to Mr H to ban someone. Thats how it goes now.

Last edited by Helvi (Feb 6 2015 12:55:03 pm)

Hi.

#19 Before February 2015

Creature

I'm sure Master1 will assist JaWapa on ban evasion like skullz17 did, I think you should do it.

#20 Before February 2015

Helvi

Toop is still not suspended
http://eeforumify.com/profile.php?id=7166

According to this thread on post #8 Brushfire confirms as Toop.
Btw: this was the guardian NDA: http://pastebin.com/Kx5BTV3Q - and Julian never cared about them not violating the internal rules - which shows that the game was dead long ago.

Hi.

#21 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

PROS:
-Updates are finally back
-Administrators actually go on the game
-Administrators actually have great worlds
-Couple of people enjoy this idea (including me)
-EE is saved
-Ads! More people are coming to EE
-Beta is Back

CONS:
-Popular Users are administrators/guardians
-Majority of people dislike the idea
-EE is NOT saved. It would be better off if EE never existed
-Stupid Ads
-Beta is Back
-Guardians that don't care about the rules
-people dockriding guardians and admins

791mAP8.png

#22 Before February 2015

nathskiix7811

ok, let's go over tihs as simply as i can without flying into a huge flaming rage about how most of the poeople on the forums overreact toe vereything

remember chris? how he was a terrible person and the worst thing ever and an owner who neglected his own game and practically took the money and ran? everoyne hated him.

remember mr shoe? how he was a demon and the worst thing to ever happen to ee ever, he went a year without updates and brought us a terrible (!) update that allowed some control over what happened to ee

remember the guardians? how they are literally satan, absolutely atrocious, have been owners for like a day and have somehow screwed up ee beyond control?

oh wait, i don't because none of those things ever happened.
it's been like a dday. you can't just throw into a seething rage that EE actually has owners who SOMEWHAT CARE about the community/game on a personal level?

beta being back isn't bad, stop being so elitist and get off your high horse. you hated bc, you hate re-beta, you hate everyone having chat and chat not beign free anymore and just literally whatever. you're not going to be happy no matter who owns ee and seriously chill
this forum, if anything, is ruining the "community" by banning popular members whose only crimes were trying to help the game we all have in common. is it possible for any of us to act somewhat mature about this and talk it out and think what's best for ee as opposed to trying to further your personal agenda?

#23 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Problem is, nathskiix7811, you're conglomerating everyone's differering opinions.

People didn't hate Chris, they lovingly poked him with dislike. People still looked up to him and respected him.
He did take long vacations and barely do any updates. Not all of us disliked that.

Not everyone dislikes MrShoe. It is clearly obvious to anyone with a sense of change, to notice the rather steep decline in users after MrShoe had become the admin.

Not everyone dislikes Guardians either. I'm probably one of the ones that dislikes it the most but, the thing is, I'm the one that originally gave the idea to MrShoe.
He just implemented it wrong, and after realising his failures, he handed over administration to the Guardians, so he could slip away from the scene.
I do dislike BC. I like Chris. I like the concept of Guardians. I like re-beta. I like everyone having chat, and I don't care about chat being paid-only, as it has both it's benefits and cons.

I will be happy if someone, like Chris, controlled EE, assuming the game went back to how it was pre-MrShoe.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#24 Before February 2015

Noctis

You guys are acting stubborn. What, have we all come from the year 2016? No, we haven't. We should stop inflammating our velleity and just let the guys in charge handle it. This isn't Communism.

#25 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Thank you Noctis, you beat me to the punch.

You all are being kinda ridiculous. Like nathan said none of this drama you guys are drumming up actually happened. I think you may be mistaking popular opinion with YOUR opinion.
To be perfectly honest, this shouldn't be a discussion about the handling of the game as much as the handling of this forum.

But good call banning all the new guardians from the forums, you definitely saved us from a great evil there. Thanks.
EDIT: And one more thing. Honestly, who the hell CARES? Why is it such a big deal?????

Last edited by Pyromaniac (Feb 6 2015 5:06:33 pm)

Different551521562472699863

Board footer