Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

gustav9797

CleverBot-bot - What do you think? Too spammy?

Title. I found an API on google for cleverbot interaction and made a bot that joins all worlds, might sound weird but it has one useful thing: "!whereis <part of player>".

Where did my friend go? !whereis friend
Is Mr.Shoe online? !whereis MrShoe

There are many more possibilities with this, and if you hate the spam, complain and suggest what to do.

uzjIGfi.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Re: CleverBot-bot - What do you think? Too spammy?

It's a neat trick, but I'm pretty sure this is why the Friends list was implemented.

#3 Before February 2015

NR2001

This is quite interesting. I tried to see if cleverbot knew GLaDOS, and it said:

Cleverbot-bot wrote:

Yes the evil robot woman from portal.

This is quite cool, but you should make a bot option to not join your world for maybe a few days or so?

#4 Before February 2015

!Sigg✚

So that's why there is the same player in all rooms.

I think that if that bot is kicked from a room it doesn't rejoin, that's the only improvement I can see.

#5 Before February 2015

gustav9797

!Sigg? wrote:

So that's why there is the same player in all rooms.

I think that if that bot is kicked from a room it doesn't rejoin, that's the only improvement I can see.

It doesn't atm, that thing is broken >.<

uzjIGfi.gif

#6 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

It is too spammy and completely unnecessary for it to join every single room for a mere cleverbot.

Joining every room is a neat idea, I've thought of it long ago as well and decided not to do it because of the rather common implications it might have on people wondering if little brother is logging the chat conversations - which I doubt MrShoe is even low enough to stoop to, despite much other newly added logging.

Furthermore, as neat as a feature it could and possibly would be, I would save that idea until private messaging comes along because at least with that spamming will be less of an issue.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#7 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

I recently realized that you were the person who introduced me to the clever-bot on EE and were there when I had an extensive talk with clever-bot. (the two worlds were mrshoes headquarters and fld digbot. my username is FlaminZelda)

#8 Before February 2015

Koto

Hey, it's keeping my featured maps open, which I will not complain about at all.

#9 Before February 2015

gustav9797

?tilla wrote:

It is too spammy and completely unnecessary for it to join every single room for a mere cleverbot.

Joining every room is a neat idea, I've thought of it long ago as well and decided not to do it because of the rather common implications it might have on people wondering if little brother is logging the chat conversations - which I doubt MrShoe is even low enough to stoop to, despite much other newly added logging.

Furthermore, as neat as a feature it could and possibly would be, I would save that idea until private messaging comes along because at least with that spamming will be less of an issue.

The main feature is not the CleverBot, of course the !whereis command. I thought there was a PM command until i checked today, it would be so much better :/

BlazingZelda wrote:

I recently realized that you were the person who introduced me to the clever-bot on EE and were there when I had an extensive talk with clever-bot. (the two worlds were mrshoes headquarters and fld digbot. my username is FlaminZelda)

Yes, i saw it, good that someone enjoys it!

Last edited by gustav9797 (Aug 1 2013 12:27:19 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#10 Before February 2015

NR2001

You ought to make the bot explain better about the !whereis command. I thought that command was the same as !getpos command. Can you make the bot both tell where the person is and their position in the world?

Some commands I'd suggest:
!stopjoin - makes the bot stop joining your worlds or that one level
!startjoin - makes the bot start joining your worlds again (this command would need to be activated on someone else's world)
Replace !think with !(text goes here) - example would be !hello cleverbot or !How are you?
!worldinfo - gives world info

Last edited by NR2001 (Aug 1 2013 12:44:57 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

Krock

Cleverbot is fun and totally useless and spammy.

It never closes any empty world but else it gives nice answers https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I only tried !think command before... let's see how good !whereis is.

#12 Before February 2015

Anch

Lol, I like finding people with it.

#13 Before February 2015

NR2001

Can we have the names of all of the EE admins so we can track them down? Is there a thread?

#14 Before February 2015

Vasum01

That's so much unnecessary spam.. I doubt the features on it are worth it. A simple !whereis command is not a very good reason for creating hundreds of bot instances..

#15 Before February 2015

gustav9797

NR2001 wrote:

You ought to make the bot explain better about the !whereis command. I thought that command was the same as !getpos command. Can you make the bot both tell where the person is and their position in the world?

Some commands I'd suggest:
!stopjoin - makes the bot stop joining your worlds or that one level
!startjoin - makes the bot start joining your worlds again (this command would need to be activated on someone else's world)
Replace !think with !(text goes here) - example would be !hello cleverbot or !How are you?

Suggestions //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
"explain better about the !whereis command. "   Might do.
"and their position in the world?"   Why would you need that?
!stopjoin -   Once it's kicked, it will not rejoin anyway.
!startjoin -     Maybe.
Replace !think with !(text goes here) - I prefer !think //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Like what worldinfo?

uzjIGfi.gif

#16 Before February 2015

Koto

How long does it stay in a world before it automatically leaves?   Like, how about after an hour of zero interaction with anybody, it leaves the world.   Then maybe it comes back if the level is online 3 hours from then.

#17 Before February 2015

gustav9797

It never leaves a world, only when it is kicked. I currently have no 24/7 server to host it on, so it is not up very often :/

uzjIGfi.gif

#18 Before February 2015

skullz17

I don't mind it to be honest.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#19 Before February 2015

Koto

Well, it's making the lobby too big.   Put it on some sort of limit.

#20 Before February 2015

John

Well, I find it really annoying. First of all it joins every level and spamms it. Also, Lrussell came up with the idea, and I don't think he enjoys him. The .DLL is called ChatterBotAPI and it has got removed from most of the internet. The owners of Cleverbot don't like it and made it against their TOS I've heard.

PW?scale=2

#21 Before February 2015

Anch

I just kick it. And won't the person who has the bot get lag? I don't know much about bots, but wouldn't they get lag?

#22 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Emalton wrote:

Well, I find it really annoying. First of all it joins every level and spamms it. Also, Lrussell came up with the idea, and I don't think he enjoys him. The .DLL is called ChatterBotAPI and it has got removed from most of the internet. The owners of Cleverbot don't like it and made it against their TOS I've heard.

First, hate spam? /mute. Don't like it anyway? /kick. Still mad at nothing? /reportabuse. Lrussel came up with idea? No, it's entirely my own idea, lrussel has nothing to do with this.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I might make it disconnect when it is the only player in the room, no problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

anch159 wrote:

I just kick it. And won't the person who has the bot get lag? I don't know much about bots, but wouldn't they get lag?

0-1% cpu usage, never goes over 50mB ram, no lag on my side! Owait, you mean owner of levels? No i dont think so:/

Last edited by gustav9797 (Aug 1 2013 3:56:30 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#23 Before February 2015

Koto

gustav9797 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I might make it disconnect when it is the only player in the room, no problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

It doesn't bother me as much with maps in the featured tab, but it's when you see 100 different My Home Worlds in the lobby, that it starts to get annoying.

#24 Before February 2015

John

gustav9797 wrote:
Emalton wrote:

First, hate spam? /mute. Don't like it anyway? /kick. Still mad at nothing? /reportabuse. Lrussel came up with idea? No, it's entirely my own idea, lrussel has nothing to do with this.

*Lrussell
You are wrong. Lrussell put it on LBot before you. I'm not sure if he knows that you copied him, because he most likely won't be happy about it. In fact have the code if you would like to see it.

EDIT: I believe the topic says "What do you think? Too spammy?" and I said I think its annoying because when I kick it, it comes back. And it is too spammy. <-- Opinions.

But what is a fact, Lrusssell came up with the idea before.
BTW: I'm not trying to rage you, I just find it very annoying and that is what I think.

Last edited by Emalton (Aug 1 2013 4:16:39 pm)

PW?scale=2

#25 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Emalton wrote:
gustav9797 wrote:
Emalton wrote:

*Lrussell
You are wrong. Lrussell put it on LBot before you. I'm not sure if he knows that you copied him, because he most likely won't be happy about it. In fact have the code if you would like to see it.

Well I don't care if he did or not, I created this bot without his thoughts and bots, so I did NOT copy him. You should bother your own business and not care about what Lrussel will think, I have already talked to him and he hasn't said anything.

uzjIGfi.gif

gustav97971423756827204605

Board footer