Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

playerio.php

This is just a topic concerning rewriting PlayerIOClient in PHP.

I've been working on this for the past 4-5 hours, and got it to connect to EE.

It doesn't join rooms yet, why? Because I have yet to rewrite proper message serialization/deserialization classes in PHP. But it certainly is on the To-Do list.

I'm not an all-too-experienced coder in PHP, I haven't really coded in PHP that much until today.
Though, that hasn't stopped me from writing the code.

I originally wanted to create this to grab Account Creation Date from users, and I have done so tonight.
(I don't want to post links, because sending login information to a PHP seems pretty sketchy,
especially with all the scams that have been happening recently.)

However, once I get enough of this done to the point of actual usability I'll post source codes.
Why is this useful?
Well, if you don't have a computer you can host a bot on you can upload the PHP file to nearly any webhost (lots of them are free), and let the webhost itself host the bot for you.
This means you won't even need to run software on your own computer.

This also means alternative means for those who aren't experienced in C#.

--
If anyone here is pretty damn good at PHP and wants to help out, that'd be neat.
inb4 I have barely any coding experience in PHP, but still enough to do some neat tricks.
some additional help would be lovely.

Additonal PlayerIOClient rewrites:

C# (EECloud.PlayerIO)
C# (LittleBot)
C++ (EECloud.PlayerIO)
Python -> 40% complete
PHP -> 55% complete
QBasic -> 0% complete

Last edited by XxAtillaxX (Feb 3 2014 8:53:10 am)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#2 Before February 2015

Cyral

Re: playerio.php

I barley have any experience in PHP either, but nice job. I'd love something like this. No need for a VPS or your computer for a 24/7 bot. How fast are the messages? I wasn't sure if something like this was possible.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#3 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

EE Beast wrote:

I barley have any experience in PHP either, but nice job. I'd love something like this. No need for a VPS or your computer for a 24/7 bot. How fast are the messages? I wasn't sure if something like this was possible.

It should be relatively the same speeds. Maybe faster. It all depends on the web host.
It's possible through sending web requests and receiving data to/from the web server,
and then establishing a Socket connection.

Some web hosts don't provide Sockets or latest PHP versions, but I'm sure there's quite a few.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

How do you stop the bot once you start it?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Different55 wrote:

How do you stop the bot once you start it?

Just disconnect the Socket, not that hard. It would be quite easy to implement a web control panel, as well.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 Before February 2015

yNeee

I wonder why Brainf**k Language is here ._.

EDIT:   Use jQuery

Last edited by yNeee (Jun 23 2013 1:31:07 am)

#7 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Well, I just got done working on some of the database functions.
Here's a little test (now that it doesn't require logins):
http://everybodyedits.info/stats/userda … ser=atilla

Any name (that is registered to an EE account, not facebook/kong/armor/etc) should work fine.

So now, I'm good to work on Message classes, and then I'll attempt write some code for Connection(sockets)
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by ?tilla (Jun 25 2013 11:42:36 am)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#8 Before February 2015

NR2001

I would definitely love to see a C++ playerio rewrite. I am much more familiar with C++ than C#.

#9 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

NR2001 wrote:

I would definitely love to see a C++ playerio rewrite. I am much more familiar with C++ than C#.

https://github.com/UbunTom/EECloud.PlayerIO

#10 Before February 2015

lucasmaster2000

#11 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

lucasmaster2000 wrote:

That's odd. Seems like something might be broken there. I'mma do a fast little debug and see what.
EDIT: Just debugged it, seems like it's the correct data - odd. I guess the server must have mucked that up.

Every other account I've tried works fine with the expected result.
So I can only speculate that the server itself had messed up or your ID dun goofed by an admin.

xXExpress0Xx wrote:
NR2001 wrote:

https://github.com/UbunTom/EECloud.PlayerIO

That project hasn't been active for months now. Hopefully once the first revision of this is out the door (aka I have more experience in rewriting message class) I'll definitely devote more time into the C++ and .NET one.

By the way, if anyone is working on EECloud.PlayerIO .NET, then importing the revised code from EEDecode might be a good idea. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by ?tilla (Jun 25 2013 12:36:53 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 Before February 2015

lucasmaster2000

ok =P

#13 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Atilla, do I not exist? :O

#14 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

hummerz5 wrote:

Atilla, do I not exist? :O

Ah. I just did another debug and found out it had some characters that lingered.
Just wrote some fancy code to remove non utf-8 characters, so now it works fine.

Last edited by ?tilla (Jun 25 2013 1:34:51 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#15 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Useful. Thanks for that.

Wow. 04-10-2010 08:10:04
Been here a while.

#16 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Great project! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
And thank you for contributing so much for EECloud.PlayerIO. We've just been so lazy in tht months with Processor, and I'm also waiting for him to come back since he hasn't been active since a long time. (Well, he actually was, about 2 weeks ago, and we told each other to work together again from now)

I'm so glad to see that there are going to be rewrites of PlayerIO in most of the popularly used programming languages. Finally, the EE community is getting better again, thanks to no weekly updates (=> smiley collectors leave and veterans occasionally come back). //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
EDIT: I don't want free advertisement, but could you please link the C# and C++ projects in the OP? It might just make teamwork go smoother... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (And curious peeps will find stuff w/o sending shortened lmgtfy links for them which are useless due to the lack of the famousness of the projects)

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jun 26 2013 8:02:38 am)

#17 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Sure thing!
I hope for these kind of projects to be worked on more often, looking forward to stable completions.
Added the links, I hope more people decide to help out.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#18 Before February 2015

Cyral

When do you think you will be able to release this?

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#19 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

EE Beast wrote:

When do you think you will be able to release this?

I was planning on releasing it once I get the Message functions done, but maybe sooner if it takes too much time.

From what I see currently, there will need to be some more studying of this - because even with EEDecode message perfection, the server doesn't seem to want to accept them with EECloud.PlayerIO (.NET).

I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with the Message class itself, because earlier code I used was uglier but it oddly worked...

So, all in all, it's going to have to be revised first on EECloud.PlayerIO (.NET) before it would work on more complicated systems like PHP.
However, if someone has a use for it with loading/saving BigDB, (maybe for world backups, and/or stuff with cron) then I'll possibly make a GitHub project.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#20 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

I'm not sure if I need to clear my cache to access this, will try again after I clear my cache.

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't work for me. I cleared my cache and my cookies, checking if I need to be logged into EE for this to work.

EDIT II: Still not working...it's either the computer or it's the site.

Last edited by gregregreg (Jun 27 2013 11:05:48 am)

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

#21 Before February 2015

NR2001

How's the project going? Good, bad, ok....?

#22 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

NR2001 wrote:

How's the project going? Good, bad, ok....?

It's going well, I had to fix some things with the databases (got arrays working better).

Overall, it's going to be a struggle remaking serialization/serialization of messages, and having the server accept it. Which seemingly is the main problem in even the .NET project.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#23 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

About the .NET project: Processor (Yonom) announced that he doesn't want to program for EE anymore. He told me that it doesn't worth it, because the game has gone in a bad direction, and I totally agree with him.

Although, I'll try to ask him whether I could get admin rights for the repo - I would accept/decline pull requests and would even help in coding when I get bored and don't have any other important things to do...
To ?tilla: Why don't you upload the currently existing code of PlayerIO.php to GitHub? No, I'm not being a beggar, but curious! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Jojatekok (Jul 5 2013 9:15:00 am)

#24 Before February 2015

ktostam450

So you will rewrite it in QBasic?
Maybe FBasic too.
if yes, I will be able to make a bot using batch yaywut

#25 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Jojatekok wrote:

About the .NET project: Processor (Yonom) announced that he doesn't want to program for EE anymore. He told me that it doesn't worth it, because the game has gone in a bad direction, and I totally agree with him.

Although, I'll try to ask him whether I could get admin rights for the repo - I would accept/decline pull requests and would even help in coding when I get bored and don't have any other important things to do...

To ?tilla: Why don't you upload the currently existing code of PlayerIO.php to GitHub? No, I'm not being a beggar, but curious! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Ah. I've got that feeling as well, but I just tend to shrug it off.

GitHub seems like too much of a pain in the **** to maintain, thus:
You can download the playerio.php project here:
http://everybodyedits.info/$directory/i … ayerio.php

????message ?   ????encoding ?   ????reader ?   ????type ????parser ????playerio
????pb_message.php ????pb_base128.php ????pb_input_reader.php ????pb_input_string_reader.php ????pb_bool.php ????pb_bytes.php ????pb_enum.php ????pb_int.php ????pb_scalar.php ????pb_signed_int.php ????pb_string.php ????pb_parser.php ????pb_proto_playerio.php ????pb_proto_primitive.php ????playerio.proto ????protoc.php ????protoc2.php

It includes the infamous userdate.php as an example.

signature.png
*u stinky*

XxAtillaxX1423756977204455

Board footer