Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Who can do more?

Hey guys, this link above is just a link to a ton of problems that are solved through code, it doesn't matter what code that you use as long as you got the correct answer, i thought it would be fun to see who can get the most question right. If you think that you got it right, you can leave a link to a pastebin of the code(If you want, and is not against forum rules) If you're not comfortable with leaving a link then you can explain it to those who struggle, or even just say you got it. I thought it would be fun to see who can get the most right and how they got it!

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#2 Before February 2015

Anch

Re: Who can do more?

Interesting. I don't know how to code (but I will! It's my dreams!) so I don't know anything. But this is very interesting.

#3 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

anch159 wrote:

Interesting. I don't know how to code (but I will! It's my dreams!) so I don't know anything. But this is very interesting.

Message me and i can get you started with some tutorials and some simple bots in ee if you would like.

#4 Before February 2015

Cyral

I should really try this, I've heard about it numerous times but never attempted any.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#5 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Oh I've done something like this before but gave up because it made me mad

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

My problem with this is the same as the problem I've had with every piece of math homework ever. Nobody benefits from me trying to wrap my head around boring math that doesn't actually do anything anyway. I don't mind putting together equations to draw rasterized circles or lines or whatever, but this stuff is pointlessly boring. It's like a game where nobody wins and everybody's crawling away on hands and knees as they slowly die of boredom. Kind of like school except without the high school diploma/college degree at the end.[/rant]

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Different55 wrote:

My problem with this is the same as the problem I've had with every piece of math homework ever. Nobody benefits from me trying to wrap my head around boring math that doesn't actually do anything anyway. I don't mind putting together equations to draw rasterized circles or lines or whatever, but this stuff is pointlessly boring. It's like a game where nobody wins and everybody's crawling away on hands and knees as they slowly die of boredom. Kind of like school except without the high school diploma/college degree at the end.[/rant]

At least you potentially benefit from the school.

Discord: jawp#5123

#8 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Different55 wrote:

I mainly wanted to try these just for the experience and to see who understood most of them. I like math though which is why i find these interesting.

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I like math well enough, but only when it has a purpose. Word problems, or math used to solve an actual real-world problem are fine. You can learn math and learn how it can be applied to real life. With schoolmath, I get grades as a sort of long-term purpose. This stuff is just plain puremath. It exists only for itself, basically. If it never existed nobody would have a lower quality of life, except maybe the creators of the site. I can understand that people would get a sense of accomplishment for completing a lot of these, but for me, the insane amount of boredom completely eclipses any of that. :/
Maybe I could complete a few by thinking about them differently.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

Zumza

I do that at school //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile... But not all, some are over my math grade.
Edit:
The title is "Who can do more", we'll evry programmator should do them all.(if it learn and study that math)
A real chalange is stack overflow.

Last edited by The Doctor (Apr 22 2014 2:14:51 am)

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#11 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

The Doctor wrote:

I do that at school //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile... But not all, some are over my math grade.
Edit:
The title is "Who can do more", we'll evry programmator should do them all.(if it learn and study that math)

There is a difference beteween knowing how to do them and understanding how to do them. Anyone can understand how to do one of these problems, but going about actually doing them is another thing

#12 Before February 2015

Zumza

Jabatheblob1 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Edit:

There is a difference beteween knowing how to do them and understanding how to do them. Anyone can understand how to do one of these problems, but going about actually doing them is another thing

Anyone really? Post a YouTube video trying with an 5 years kid to explain that problems...(and don't forgot to give me the link)
Everyone who calls him programmator should know how to do them after understanding them. A good one will find the most efficient way.

#13 Before February 2015

Anch

Like a baby, babies remember books, but don't understand and read the book. They remember the book when their parents read it to them, so it looks like they are reading the book, but they actually aren't.
Like a programmer, programmers can remember codes (but change them a little), but don't understand what they mean. They simply repeat the code so it looks like they know it.

#14 Before February 2015

Zumza

anch159 wrote:

Like a baby, babies remember books, but don't understand and read the book. They remember the book when their parents read it to them, so it looks like they are reading the book, but they actually aren't.
Like a programmer, programmers can remember codes (but change them a little), but don't understand what they mean. They simply repeat the code so it looks like they know it.

"What code mean?" What do you want to say with that?

In programming are some base algorithms wich you modify some bit to work on your case, like   bubble sort, backtracking or Fisher–Yates shuffle but that's not meaning that a programmator just copy and adapt the code. Most time you create your one algorithm but by difference of the above works in a few other problems.

You said that you don't know programming, don't be upset but I suggest you to don't talk about you don't know.

#15 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

The Doctor wrote:
Jabatheblob1 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Edit:

Anyone really? Post a YouTube video trying with an 5 years kid to explain that problems...(and don't forgot to give me the link)
Everyone who calls him programmator should know how to do them after understanding them. A good one will find the most efficient way.

Many programmers if not all use code without fully understanding what exactly it does. For example, do you know exactly what the world deserialization does ? I.e. understand how the server fully compiles and formats world data.
A non programming example could be using the quadratic formula without knowing the full derivation of it.

#16 Before February 2015

Zumza

If you know how to exploit it it's a treasure. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by The Doctor (Apr 23 2014 10:01:31 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Anch

It's more fun to code when you know what it means. It's like learning a new language (litterally! hahahaha bad pun here)

#18 Before February 2015

Zumza

anch159 wrote:

It's more fun to code when you know what it means. It's like learning a new language (litterally! hahahaha bad pun here)

You code in a language if you learn an algorithm you don't learn a new language.

Jabatheblob11423757300204132

Board footer