Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TiKen

Lobby for bots

First: Wow! I open a new topic! Wow, Such audacity!

Second: I had a thought some times ago while exploring solution for a RPG bot: I had to limit the number of person on the map, other it would be crazy in it.
The problem is, I don't want to kick people who want to play, so could a solution be found? Da answer is Da. Or yes.

(To be clear, I'm actually writing a topic so other Hairy Botter could use it. Because I find it sad that I can't play whatever new bot there is, just because there is too much demand. I will definitely use it in the future, but I haven't coded anything yet.)

You can create a "bot lobby"! But what is it? It is basically a small room, where people who want to play the game connect. A bot is connected to this room, and teleport players on a wold portal pointing on a non-full world where the real bot is running.

Of course, if a player goes directly to the real room without going through the lobby, he will be kicked.
What do you think of this idea? Questions?

#2 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Re: Lobby for bots

I am using it already, too, for Breaker. It works pretty well though. (:

#3 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

I would hide the bot levels from the lobby then and put a curse word in them that way players can't join from the lobby.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#4 Before February 2015

TiKen

Jabatheblob1 wrote:

I would hide the bot levels from the lobby then and put a curse word in them that way players can't join from the lobby.

Works too, I didn't know that trick ^^

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

That's actually a good idea, and it's a first come first serve system and you will be notified when you're next to join and about to join.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 Before February 2015

TiKen

Squad wrote:

That's actually a good idea, and it's a first come first serve system and you will be notified when you're next to join and about to join.

Actually the idea is also that you can run multiple maps of the same bot, like servers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#7 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

tikenalpha wrote:
Squad wrote:

Actually the idea is also that you can run multiple maps of the same bot, like servers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I hadn't actually thought about that - somehow; brilliant.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

TiKen1423757895203537

Board footer