Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Rubik's Cube Bot

Goal
If you've never had a Rubik's Cube before, the goal is simple. Un-scramble the cube so that each side only has one color.

Directions
The commands are simple but people get intimidated by them easily.

.u / .up    - rotates "up" side clockwise .d / .down  - rotates "down" side clockwise  .l / .left  - rotates left side clockwise .r / .right - rotates right side clockwise  .f / .front - rotates front side clockwise .b / .back  - rotates back side clockwise   !u / !up    - rotates "up" side counter-clockwise !d / !down  - rotates "down" side counter-clockwise  !l / !left  - rotates left side counter-clockwise !r / !right - rotates right side counter-clockwise  !f / !front - rotates front side counter-clockwise !b / !back  - rotates back side counter-clockwise

You can also add a number to the end of the command to rotate it multiple times. For example, ".r 3" is the same as ".r .r .r"
It's very hard, but possible! Good luck!

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Re: Rubik's Cube Bot

LUBFRD? is that a code

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Fdoou wrote:

LUBFRD? is that a code

They mean Left, Up, Back, Front, Right, and Down, as indicated by the directions.

#4 Before February 2015

Creature

The world is private. Is it closed or you forgot it visibled false?

This is a false statement.

#5 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Critique

Positives

The concept of the level is very good, encouraging players to compete together for the main goal
The Rubix "art" does match well in with the title and goal
The side representations are thought out very well, even though they are needed

Improvements

I would say only limit the world to 1-2 players, as many more would make it even harder
You identified a bug whilst testing it, which would mess up the entire game
Alot of players would give up because they have a low tendency

Overall I would give a strong 9/10. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

TiKen

Now I want to do a 'EE plays pokémon' //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Nice level, hard to play 'cause:

1) I'm bad a rubix cubes
2) can't turn middle one > have to turn the two others. Too much thinking involved... Arg... my brain... *biiiiiiiiiip*

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Creature wrote:

The world is private. Is it closed or you forgot it visibled false?

Sorry, Teleporthacker1 was trying to bomb the world with his accounts and spam the chat. I turned the visibility off for a few moments but forgot to turn it back on.

It's on now.

#8 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Last time I solved a mere cross and found out there is a corner (3-side) piece that has blue-green-red, which blue and green should be opposites, so I left it. Maybe a bug tho

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

ABC Boy wrote:

Last time I solved a mere cross and found out there is a corner (3-side) piece that has blue-green-red, which blue and green should be opposites, so I left it. Maybe a bug tho

Yes, it's the strangest thing. I've known about this bug for several days and have tried every test in the book to try and find it.

I'm using a coordinate system for each side, and reassigning colors that way. For example,
     UpSide.Colors[0,2] = RightSide.Colors[0,0];
It can get confusing. There are 24*6 lines that look like that, and one of them is wrong. I'm sure you can see how it's possible to get a bug in there.

As I see it, there are two ways to solve this. One is that I constantly check all the pieces' color and as soon as there is an anomaly, throw an exception. The other is to use a less confusing system, like a one-dimensional array of Color instead of a 2-dimensional array (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 instead of 00,01,02,10,11,12). I will do the latter

I fear that it is a conditional bug instead of a bug with the turning. If it is, it's going to be much harder to find.

#10 Before February 2015

DarkMax116

I think that this is very creative and original: I have never seen or heard of anything like your Rubik's Cube bot.

Tako1423758140203292

Board footer