Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Sillyface

[Question] EE Private Server

Hello,
Does anyone know how to setup a private server for EE remakes? I am not an expert programmer, but I have some experience with programming. I have already done some stuff to my EE client, but I want it to run on a private server. I don't need too much detail, but can someone explain it a bit to me. I am also new to the forum.

Last edited by Sillyface (Aug 17 2014 10:46:24 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Re: [Question] EE Private Server

Don't make one.

#3 Before February 2015

Sillyface

Meredith wrote:

Don't make one.

Why?

#4 Before February 2015

abrar11

Legal issues also it's technically copyright I guess

Last edited by abrar11 (Aug 17 2014 11:28:32 am)

#5 Before February 2015

Sillyface

abrar11 wrote:

You will get hated

Why would I get hated?

#6 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

There is a whole bunch of legal issues, and that it's against EE's Terms of Service as well.
Nobody wants any more private servers being spammed in chats anymore, either.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#7 Before February 2015

abrar11

Yeah Atilla pretty much summed it up

#8 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

There is a whole bunch of legal issues, and that it's against EE's Terms of Service as well.

"Users building and using alternative clients which are found to enhance or improve the gameplay will not be banned."

I see no issue with this and the Terms of Service.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#9 Before February 2015

Helvi

I am sure the "alternative clients" refer to any kind of bot / tool / programm.
There was never a word about alternative servers to enhance the gaming experience.

Hi.

#10 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

"Users building and using alternative clients which are found to enhance or improve the gameplay will not be banned."

It's still illegal. Copyright infringement. And if they decide to sell gems or other items, then they'll really be in a gherkin.

Discord: jawp#5123

#11 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

JaWapa wrote:
N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

It's still illegal. Copyright infringement. And if they decide to sell gems or other items, then they'll really be in a gherkin.

You can take the smilies they took from facebook and the blocks they took from mario - you won't be infringing Cape's copyright instead you'll be infringing Facebook and Nintendo's (I've got a feeling that the blocks aren't copyrighted by Nintedo though)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#12 Before February 2015

abrar11

Squad wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
N1KF wrote:

You can take the smilies they took from facebook and the blocks they took from mario - you won't be infringing Cape's copyright instead you'll be infringing Facebook and Nintendo's (I've got a feeling that the blocks aren't copyrighted by Nintedo though)

But the game itself

#13 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

@Squad - I don't think Facebook is going to care about a child's game using a few smilies of theirs. I don't see Brian doing anything about it either since he makes enough money from other stuff. Then again with EE having the potential to bring in a couple hundred a month, he might. I know he demanded EE2 to be taken down, though I think that was mostly because of all the emails he was getting about it.

Discord: jawp#5123

#14 Before February 2015

Sillyface

Squad wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Good point SquadFS, I don't see what's wrong with making a private client. It's just a different server with different blocks and different smileys. But does anyone know how to make it? I will try it out, and if it goes well, I might keep it, but if it doesn't, I will delete it.

Last edited by Sillyface (Aug 19 2014 2:49:33 am)

#15 Before February 2015

Zumza

SillyFace the game itself it have copyright.   It's illegal if you don't have any wroted document that give you the right for making a private client with Benjamin's signature.   You don't rewrite the source code of the game you just modify
Some pictures.
From this topic only Squad says that's legal and he's wrong.
I won't help you for your own good. But I can give you the solution for just experimental use only.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#16 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

The Doctor wrote:

SillyFace the game itself it have copyright.   It's illegal if you don't have any wroted document that give you the right for making a private client with Benjamin's signature.   You don't rewrite the source code of the game you just modify
Some pictures.
From this topic only Squad says that's legal and he's wrong.
I won't help you for your own good. But I can give you the solution for just experimental use only.

I never said it was legal, I mentioned a couple of blocks that were taken from other places - I didn't talk about all of the original blocks.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#17 Before February 2015

Zumza

wow i'm good you said what i expected you to say!

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#18 Before February 2015

Sillyface

Does anyone just know how to make the private server? If someone does, please tell me (you can tell me in a PM if you would like). If someone tells me, I will give it a go, and see if it all goes well.

Last edited by Sillyface (Aug 20 2014 4:53:27 am)

#19 Before February 2015

Hexagon

What you could do is toggle the visibility of the world using /visible false then setting up a whitelist (provided by many many EE Bots).

#20 Before February 2015

Sillyface

Hexagon wrote:

What you could do is toggle the visibility of the world using /visible false then setting up a whitelist (provided by many many EE Bots).

No, that is not what I mean. I am creating a remake of EE and I want it to be a private lobby, so only worlds that are using the remake can be shown.

#21 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

You cannot distribute materials of this kind on the forum simply because I don't want to deal with Brian or any more legal crap.

Sillyface 1423758424203008

Board footer