Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

[SDK] MultiplayerInput

Inspired by this topic I decided to make a secure library for people to use to obtain "extra input". The idea is simple, you make a bot, and using a library you can get people to use a separate client to send input to your bot. Since this is such a potential risk to some people I will explain how everything works.

Given a person who makes a bot, he or she uses the library provided. They use it to listen for information, and as a safe bridge between clients and the bot, they get to choose up to six keys to monitor, and a sharing code, which I will explain later.

Given the people who want to connect to this bot, which could be just one person, they use a separate application provided which uses PlayerIO to verify your account, connects to the bot over an encrypted connection by receiving the bot's share code from the owner and waits for a key list request. The client will then only log those keys requested. You can disconnect at anytime.

The cons
-People who host the bot, if wishing to play with multiple people outside your LAN will need the port 4818 to be open. There are other ways to do this besides port-forwarding that I will not explain here.

-Unfortunately I have not had the time to test with any other environment besides windows, any one else that would like to connect to your bot that doesn't use Windows is out of luck.

The pros
-This simple application has many uses, and with little production can be very helpful, an example could be for people who boss, and want others to easily load or reset the level.

Quick Start Snippet

MultiplayerInput input = new MultiplayerInput(Keys.Q, Keys.E); input.OnPlayerReleasedKey += MyEventHandler;  string myBotShareCode = input.GetSharingCode();  input.StartListening();

More on my github
Source

Download
Full Package
Client

Last edited by UgotPwned (Sep 1 2014 10:10:11 pm)

ugotpwned1423758550202882

Board footer