Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Blablaland

Dynamically change the In-Game displaying of a username and more

Hey! I feel like I'm spamming this thread, but I really didn't think this would fit with the previous one and I think that could be something pretty interesting to look at.

Since I was planning on doing a Game Bot, I needed to find a way to show the amount of bullet left... Since I can't modify the Client (Obviously), I was thinking of making a Bot player connect and follow every player (which instantly decreases the amount of actual players in game at the same time to about 20) and get them to display the amount of bullet. Of course, I could just have them spam the chat, but that would only be annoying (Except if you know of a way to only display it in game and not in the Chat Log). I also know that the usernames are hidden when moving, so, do you know of a way to keep the bot's name open? Probably not, but, hey, what do I know?!

The other thing is, I know there wasn't any way to do that back 4 years ago, but is there any way to get a Key Press Message(Other than up/down key if possible) that the bot could get and then do the shooting animation? If there isn't, I'll stick to the Position (I was thinking of enabling the Editing mode temporarily and make them click... The animation will use a mathematic formula to get all the points between the position of the player and where he clicked OR get the Equation (y = ax + b), extend to a range of 35/40 blocks, find that point, get the point between and place a Background tile on each of these, then remove it)

What do you think? Is there anyway to do this?

#2 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

Re: Dynamically change the In-Game displaying of a username and more

Completely possible besides keeping the bot's name open, To receive key events you can listen for show and hide events. More info on that can be found here. The key idea might not be suitable though, since keys trigger for everyone, and it sounds like individual players are shooting guns. You might also have a problem with animating shots for each player. Not unless you limit the player count, because ee has a upload limit for blocks.

#3 Before February 2015

Blablaland

UgotPwned wrote:

Completely possible besides keeping the bot's name open, To receive key events you can listen for show and hide events. More info on that can be found here. The key idea might not be suitable though, since keys trigger for everyone, and it sounds like individual players are shooting guns. You might also have a problem with animating shots for each player. Not unless you limit the player count, because ee has a upload limit for blocks.

I was thinking about that as well. The bot following its player will do all the work related to him. To be honest, the only thing I'm doubting is the speed between the messages. If it takes too long to calculate and everything, the software will be totally overloaded and there will be a delay between the click and the shot that's too long. But, I can see that once I've got what I wanted to see.

#4 Before February 2015

hummerz5

I'm here to say the exact opposite.
Completely impossible.
(not really)

But here's a general rule of thumb: If it ain't possible on EE RIGHT NOW, it ain't possible.
(seriously, logging keystrokes for the world to see?)

pwned mistook your question for ingame keys... but it appears to me that you want keyboard keys.

#5 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm here to say the exact opposite.
Completely impossible.
(not really)

But here's a general rule of thumb: If it ain't possible on EE RIGHT NOW, it ain't possible.
(seriously, logging keystrokes for the world to see?)

pwned mistook your question for ingame keys... but it appears to me that you want keyboard keys.

Hehe, well I did. But logging keystrokes...no one read my topic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

You could use the minimap to display the amout of bullets left.
Eg:: u25H.png
          so the player got a color
          (red) and the white bars
          decrease if the player shoots.

#7 Before February 2015

Blablaland

Mylo wrote:

You could use the minimap to display the amout of bullets left.
Eg:: http://i.memylo.org/u25H.png
          so the player got a color
          (red) and the white bars
          decrease if the player shoots.

Honestly, I thought about it, but the problem with that is that, considering there's 20 players in the game, there won't be any space left xD

Last edited by Blablaland (Sep 12 2014 3:55:37 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

just make it smaller, 1 bar for each player = ~40 blocks wide and 10 blocks high.

Blablaland 1423758635202797

Board footer