Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SOUBR

Help with bots.

I Can't really find a complete guide of the player io API.
Most of the tutorials are about creating your first bot with a connection with EE.
I'd love to create bots for EE.
PS: I've already learned C#.

#2 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Re: Help with bots.

If you already know C#, it should be fairly self-explanatory. Make the Player.IO connection, weather through Main or your own function, make the onMessage event-handler and listen for messages.

All the messages can be found here: http://capasha.com/notafraud/index.php

#3 Before February 2015

SOUBR

lrussell wrote:

If you already know C#, it should be fairly self-explanatory. Make the Player.IO connection, weather through Main or your own function, make the onMessage event-handler and listen for messages.

All the messages can be found here: http://capasha.com/notafraud/index.php

It's still hard to learn something without help T_T. Detecting an event doesn't seem hard, but how can edit a blocks?

#4 Before February 2015

Website

SOUBR wrote:

It's still hard to learn something without help T_T. Detecting an event doesn't seem hard, but how can edit a blocks?

Well, if you look on Capasha's website, you can see how you have to do it.

Examples:

------------------------------------------

*Place a block (look here):

Capasha's website says:

# Brick/Background (Blocks) <String> Rot13/Derot/Worldkey <Integer> Layer (Background = 1, Foreground = 0) <Integer> X <Integer> Y <Integer> BrickID

What you have to do is just follow what it says, separated with a comma (,):

connection.Send(worldkey, 1 or 0, X-value, Y-value, block-ID);

where X-value and Y-value are the coordinates where you want to place that block.

*Say something (look here):

Capasha's website says:

# Say <String> "say" <String> Message

just like the previous one, you have to seperate everything with a comma (,):

connection.Send("say", "Your message");

You can do this to everything that stands below 'Everybody Edits Send / con.Send()' on capasha's website

Look for more examples on the bottom of the page.

Well, I hope it helped and that your bot will be great //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Also, I hope this is not too complicated for you to understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

vF0MA5o.png

#5 Before February 2015

Mr. Force

If u want the bot to say something:

connection.Send("autosay", 1); 1 = Hi. 2 = Goodbye. 3 = Help me! 4 = Thank you. 5 = Follow me. 6 = Stop! 7 = Yes. 8 = No. 9 = Right. 0 = Left.

#6 Before February 2015

SOUBR

912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

Well, if you look on Capasha's website, you can see how you have to do it.

Examples:

*Place a block (look here):

Capasha's website says:

# Brick/Background (Blocks) <String> Rot13/Derot/Worldkey <Integer> Layer (Background = 1, Foreground = 0) <Integer> X <Integer> Y <Integer> BrickID

What you have to do is just follow what it says, separated with a comma (,):

connection.Send(worldkey, 1 or 0, X-value, Y-value, block-ID);

where X-value and Y-value are the coordinates where you want to place that block.

*Say something (look here):

Capasha's website says:

# Say <String> "say" <String> Message

just like the previous one, you have to seperate everything with a comma (,):

connection.Send("say", "Your message");

You can do this to everything that stands below 'Everybody Edits Send / con.Send()' on capasha's website

Look for more examples on the bottom of the page.

Well, I hope it helped and that your bot will be great //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Also, I hope this is not too complicated for you to understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

This is actually what i am looking for. I know i can get all the information i need in capasha but i don't how can i use this information. You helped me a lot thx.

#7 Before February 2015

Website

SOUBR wrote:

This is actually what i am looking for. I know i can get all the information i need in capasha but i don't how can i use this information. You helped me a lot thx.

You're welcome. If you still have any trouble with your bot, feel free to ask me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

vF0MA5o.png

#8 Before February 2015

SOUBR

912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

You're welcome. If you still have any trouble with your bot, feel free to ask me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I'd like to know how to handle an event and how can i process it (What type will the function return etc...)

#9 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

SOUBR wrote:
912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

I'd like to know how to handle an event and how can i process it (What type will the function return etc...)

Player.IO simply returns an array of objects and the message it belongs to, you have to use the Message.Get* function (ex. myMessage.GetInt or myMessage.GetString), and know what type the object in the array actually is. All of that is listed on the page I gave you for Capasha's site.

#10 Before February 2015

SOUBR

lrussell wrote:
SOUBR wrote:
912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

Player.IO simply returns an array of objects and the message it belongs to, you have to use the Message.Get* function (ex. myMessage.GetInt or myMessage.GetString), and know what type the object in the array actually is. All of that is listed on the page I gave you for Capasha's site.

I think that's all need to know. I'll start a bot tomorrow. Thank you guys, you helped me a lot.

#11 Before February 2015

SOUBR

Well, can someone send me PlayerIoClient.dll?

#12 Before February 2015

Website

SOUBR wrote:

I found this site by LEGITTURTLE09 where you can just download the file.

You can also just download any bot, and copy the PlayerIOClient.dll that comes with it.

vF0MA5o.png

#13 Before February 2015

SOUBR

912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

I found this site by LEGITTURTLE09 where you can just download the file.

You can also just download any bot, and copy the PlayerIOClient.dll that comes with it.

Thank you

#14 Before February 2015

SOUBR

lrussell wrote:
SOUBR wrote:
912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

How to create a Message? I can't do : public PlayerIOClient.Message messag =new PlayerIOClient.Message();, and There isn't a : PlayerIOClient.Message.GetInt();

#15 Before February 2015

Website

SOUBR wrote:

How to create a Message? I can't do : public PlayerIOClient.Message messag =new PlayerIOClient.Message();, and There isn't a : PlayerIOClient.Message.GetInt();

Can you specify what you mean? Do you mean like sending a message (like this post) or receiving a message, like:

if (m.Type == "add") {      connection.Send("say", "A player joined"); }

And the m.Getint is used with a parameter (like m.Getint(0))

vF0MA5o.png

#16 Before February 2015

SOUBR

912468 wrote:
SOUBR wrote:

Can you specify what you mean? Do you mean like sending a message (like this post) or receiving a message, like:

if (m.Type == "add") {      connection.Send("say", "A player joined"); }

And the m.Getint is used with a parameter (like m.Getint(0))

Now i see thx again

Last edited by SOUBR (Dec 11 2014 3:34:39 pm)

SOUBR 1423758809202623

Board footer