Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Hexagon

[Discussion] Dragonfly -- higher command throughput

This bot is hypothetical, and does not exist yet.
This bot aims to increase the efficiency (and perceived block/command speed) by optimizing what the players see, and determining how quickly a level can become functional and ready to play.

It has the following features:
- render blocks in the player's viewport (so that it looks like it has loaded faster)
- use analytics to determine when a player will enter a specific spot, and pre-render it
- send commands such as (fill this hexagon with grey blocks), drawing the outline first to prevent users from entering the hexagon while it is being built, then fill it
- dropping commands that attempt to change a block that is identical to the one that they are changing (already on the map)
- automatically decreasing or increasing the delay between when blocks are sent to maximize efficiency
- drawing background blocks later
- if the minimap option is set, prioritize blocks that show a color on the minimap

This is for real-time games, and is useless if someone is looking at the minimap (as the illusions will be revealed).

Last edited by Hexagon (Jan 4 2015 7:18:21 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Re: [Discussion] Dragonfly -- higher command throughput

Would be useful, although I doubt sending blocks would be fast enough to efficently maintain a proper updating system in a live scenario with a bunch of players.

I was going to do similar in a digbot, where blocks are generated next to where they just touched.
                [x]
          [x] O
                [x]

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

you could just connect multiple accounts, i just made a bot where i can connect multiple bots and wherever i place a block it moves to the next bot,
6oVeVmd.png
i am able to connect 9 bots easily and split up the work among them all perfectly

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#4 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Jabatheblob1 wrote:

you could just connect multiple accounts, i just made a bot where i can connect multiple bots and wherever i place a block it moves to the next bot,
6oVeVmd.png
i am able to connect 9 bots easily and split up the work among them all perfectly

That certainly works (in fact in many cases necessary). Moreover, it does make sense (as no modification to the original code is necessary) and you can immediately double or triple your output.

However the more blocks you need to place, the more bots need to be in the room at the same time. Unfortunately, this decreases how many people can be in your room at one time.

#5 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Hexagon wrote:

However the more blocks you need to place, the more bots need to be in the room at the same time. Unfortunately, this decreases how many people can be in your room at one time.

\
Max rooms hasn't been a problem for ee in a long time.

#6 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Jabatheblob1 wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

\
Max rooms hasn't been a problem for ee in a long time.

I haven't seen any full rooms in a long time, so I agree that adding more bots probably won't contribute to the bloat too much. I suppose in very, very specific scenarios (like playing a small movie) where blocks must be updated extremely quickly and at a high rate would this (Dragonfly) be applicable.

Last edited by Hexagon (Jan 4 2015 7:13:45 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

i've tried the movie idea, you need nearly over 20 bots just to make it somewhat recognizeable

but for what you're doing idk how many you would need

Last edited by Jabatheblob1 (Jan 4 2015 7:30:42 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Jabatheblob1 wrote:

i've tried the movie idea, you need nearly over 20 bots just to make it somewhat recognizeable

but for what you're doing idk how many you would need

It sort of depends on how large the movie is, your internet connection, delay, frame-rate, how the blocks were updated and whether blocks that were identical were changed. But I do understand your point though, it would certainly require a lot of bots for a scenario like that (an example of where low latency and high throughput are required).

#9 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I tried doing similar with 'movie' except for mine, it was hooking up my webcam up to EE.

Matching colours is a pain though, and I never got it to fully work properly. Although, if you get it right, you can make webcam update pretty seamlessly and that makes for a cool little bot.

It reminds me kind of like 2010, when Aslai joined a world I was in and used EE Animator to draw a picture of his face in worlds. =P

signature.png
*u stinky*

Hexagon1423759230202202

Board footer