Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

capasha

[QUESTION] Any way to get the new minimap colors?

I have used a method before and copied the color from the minimap. But that doesnt work anymore.
So I use the block and get a color from x 8 y 8. Anyone with a better idea? post it here.

pic of my tool:
ySOR0I7.png

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hgcef … rching.zip

#2 Before February 2015

TiKen

Re: [QUESTION] Any way to get the new minimap colors?

Well, to get the minimap colors, you need the source:
-First, some minimap colors are hard coded: if the color = 0, then it do not affect the minimap. It > 0, it's the color (might be transparent).
-For the one that do not have a hard coded color:
  *If the layer is 'ItemLayer.Above', the color is simply 0.
  *Else, the color is the mean of the pixels: R is the mean of the 16x16 pixels' red channel, etc...

Otherwise, I already extracted them, and you can find them in the resources of my "bot" here. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

capasha

I used your colors. Thanks. I Added them to my site.

#4 Before February 2015

TiKen

No problem. I've been using your website for a long time, so I'm happy I could help you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

ewoke

i think atilla mentioned this once, but what if u resize the 16x16 block into a 1x1 pixel.

if you can read this....good for you

#6 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

ewoke wrote:

i think atilla mentioned this once, but what if u resize the 16x16 block into a 1x1 pixel.

EE still has hard-coded colors for older blocks that wouldn't be accurate that way. There's also special blocks that have transparency which wouldn't work through that method.

#7 Before February 2015

ewoke

lrussell wrote:
ewoke wrote:

EE still has hard-coded colors for older blocks that wouldn't be accurate that way. There's also special blocks that have transparency which wouldn't work through that method.

yes figured that out but seems to work pretty accurate on full blocks with no transparency

Last edited by ewoke (Jan 11 2015 3:17:03 pm)

if you can read this....good for you

#8 Before February 2015

TiKen

ewoke wrote:
lrussell wrote:
ewoke wrote:

yes figured that out but seems to work pretty accurate on full blocks with no transparency

Well depending on your software, I guess resizing to a 1x1 is the same as a mean.

#9 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Originally I tried doing 8x8 to get the nearest accurate colour for new blocks, but resizing a block image into a 1x1 pixel seems to be more accurate. And judging by the client source, that seems to be the way it is calculated.

You'll need a hardcoded list of the old block colours, since artists complained that their art wasn't the same anymore once Chris had used the new algorithm on every block, an implementation he should have done in the first place.

signature.png
*u stinky*

capasha1423759283202149

Board footer