Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Kelidimari

What do you want in a level?

What types of things make you happy in a level, short of giving out the code?   I don't like giving out the code because the level often gets totally trashed.  

I found that people don't like so many coins...

So...what types of things would be fun for you?

What types of tricks, what types of themes?

I want to improve, but I do not know how to start..there's so much to do, it's really kind of depressing and overwhelming, when I read all the "don't do"s and find that I've done about half of em... -_-'     So I took it on sort of a positive spin...

Last edited by Kelidimari (Nov 2 2010 10:20:33 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: What do you want in a level?

NO HOOK JUMPS!

I Usally Like The Harder Level's Like Ex Crew But Really I Love Levels Where You Play Around ( and in ) Art

#3 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Creative levels, with fun minigames and a sense of an achievement when you finish them.

#4 Before February 2015

Nin10mode

Levels with varied and unique minis, along with superb art that blends well and enhances the actual level.

#5 Before February 2015

Alex

A gimmick or theme to the level is always nice.

Minigames that can't be found by going to any of the generic minigame levels in the Lobby, but are also relatively fun

#6 Before February 2015

Kelidimari

Okies, thank you very muchly for the feedback.   Will try to incorporate more creativity in our future levels, and will try to avoid hook jumps.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Mini-level-wise, are there specific types of tasks that are more fun than others?

Also, what gives a sense of achievement without being too difficult or too-many-coins-ish?

Last edited by Kelidimari (Nov 3 2010 4:01:04 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

A cool looking minimap, like with Mountains or art with original minigame ideas.

#8 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Make sure whatever minigames you make....you've never seen them before.

#9 Before February 2015

Kelidimari

greenzoid2 wrote:

Uh...
That's almost impossible to do.
Almost everything that can be done with these types of blocks has already been done at some point, or is frequently being done even now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile   Even some of the things I thought was original, I found out later when I tried other rooms, that it's already been done. T__T
-------------
Do you usually prefer puzzle-ish things?   Or timing-based things?   Or jumping-timing-based things?   Cause for me, I suck at timing...and jumping...ex:   I fail @ stairs mazes.   But, those are kinda fun.   Puzzley ones are cool but if the person in front of you is already doing it, and they're close, then there's no challenge in trying to solve it cause it's already being solved and you just need to trail behind em.   =/

Last edited by Kelidimari (Nov 17 2010 12:27:50 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

The best map has a balance of Timing and puzzle minis.

#11 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Kelidimari wrote:
greenzoid2 wrote:

Uh...
That's almost impossible to do.
Almost everything that can be done with these types of blocks has already been done at some point, or is frequently being done even now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile   Even some of the things I thought was original, I found out later when I tried other rooms, that it's already been done. T__T
-------------
Do you usually prefer puzzle-ish things?   Or timing-based things?   Or jumping-timing-based things?   Cause for me, I suck at timing...and jumping...ex:   I fail @ stairs mazes.   But, those are kinda fun.   Puzzley ones are cool but if the person in front of you is already doing it, and they're close, then there's no challenge in trying to solve it cause it's already being solved and you just need to trail behind em.   =/

At least stick to the type of thing you would rarely ever see in the maps that are at the top of the list every day.

#12 Before February 2015

RoflWaffle

somewhat original minis with only a few coins (depending on the size of the level),
big VIP boxes with crowns and anti-grav dots and a bunch of good art. Also no hook/C jumps...

Kelidimari 1423759873201559

Board footer