Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

3 LIVES ONLY [MG Crew]

Hey everyone! Time for, and finally, our newest level! Like it? It's called 3 LIVES ONLY or something like that. Not really sure how to put MG Crew in it. Anyways, the idea hit me, and it's the newest challenge! Basically, you pretend you have lives. Each time you fall, you run down into the ocean below and pass into a coin, which means, a life lost. This is used with coin doors. When you fall down for the 4th time, it's game over. You're stuck at the bottom of the ocean. Basically, you have to refresh your page to start over. Sweet huh?

Last edited by Shy Guy Bros (Mar 13 2011 7:41:19 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: 3 LIVES ONLY [MG Crew]

See Group post...

Has all I suggest so far.

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

Looking forward to it
The art looks amazing 1bigsmile1
Very realistic water

#4 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Nice idea! OMG just found a magic coin in ur lvl! +1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Mar 12 2011 3:51:39 am)

#5 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Wow, very inventive! A nice way to input the idea of having lives into a game that doesn't allow players to have actual lives.

#6 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we are making beautiful progress.

All art except for the stuff in the water dome was made by me
58935791.png

#7 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

End of the day, not finished exactly. But hey, we're diligent.

85734566.png

EDIT: FINISHED!!

30789457.png

Last edited by Shy Guy Bros (Mar 13 2011 7:41:46 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

johan

art is great, but the gameplay really suck.

the newest challange of EE?... there is no point of the 3 life system since it always take you back to the beginning, it's the same thing as rejoining the room but even slower..

some of the minis are hardly possible to beat without falling the first time since you can't see where the hell you are going and not to mention the random invisible blocks which make you fall to the bottom.

the secret are just some random letters, don't understand it all   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by johan (Mar 15 2011 5:37:22 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

johan wrote:

the newest challange of EE?... there is no point of the 3 life system since it always take you back to the beginning, it's the same thing as rejoining the room but even slower..

some of the minis are hardly possible to beat without falling the first time since you can't see where the hell you are going and not to mention the random invisible blocks which make you fall to the bottom.

the secret are just some random letters, don't understand it all   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Yes, it is random letters, if you can't read you don't deserve to win. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I did recommend to shy guy we use a checkpoint system halfway through, but never thought of a way to do so without adding more lives (which we couldn't do with limited coin door use.)

#10 Before February 2015

Bossking

next time lets use my 200x200 and my 100 coin doors =DD

#11 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

D-rock2308 wrote:
johan wrote:

Yes, it is random letters, if you can't read you don't deserve to win. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I did recommend to shy guy we use a checkpoint system halfway through, but never thought of a way to do so without adding more lives (which we couldn't do with limited coin door use.)

WHAT? You didn't even mention a checkpoint system at all! But aside from your comments johan, indeed it is really frustrating with little lives and undivided pathways, but it takes practice, and if you try again and again, you can beat the level within 5 minutes. I will take another crack at the level and make it a little more fair to new players, but note that I will not change the difficulty in any way.

Last edited by Shy Guy Bros (Mar 15 2011 6:16:44 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Wow this game is addicting XD
Even thought you only have 3 lives, it's still fun d:

#13 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I edited the level a bit for every possible way to get back to where you came from. And a teeny midway checkpoint in there too.

#14 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Oh man I missed it!!! D: that sucked... but I only fell a second time, so I have one more life //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Maybe make a black line preventing people from missing it.

#15 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Shy Guy Bros wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
johan wrote:

WHAT? You didn't even mention a checkpoint system at all! But aside from your comments johan, indeed it is really frustrating with little lives and undivided pathways, but it takes practice, and if you try again and again, you can beat the level within 5 minutes. I will take another crack at the level and make it a little more fair to new players, but note that I will not change the difficulty in any way.

I did but you dont read half the stuff I write anyway. P:

#16 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I did nothing but the waterfall //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile xD

but no like i love the art tho nice job guise //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

next time can you PM me when we are workin on a level?

#17 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Pyromaniac wrote:

I did nothing but the waterfall //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile xD

but no like i love the art tho nice job guise //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

next time can you PM me when we are workin on a level?

Group Topic much?

#18 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Oh....well..... Fine then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue still I would appreciate a pm lol

#19 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Pyromaniac wrote:

Oh....well..... Fine then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue still I would appreciate a pm lol

Sure thing lazy.

#20 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

VDUUz.png

#21 Before February 2015

Lugnuts

I played your level, but at first I couldn't figure out which way to go and loss two lives, so I got a good look at the mechanism you used to count lives. I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but it seems to be alot larger than it needs to be.
The art is quite good, and the challenges are good also. The level looks really good and I would recoment running at as soon a possible, but some parts need work, like the part above.

~Lugnuts

#22 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Fixed

Shy Guy 1423761247200185

Board footer