Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TiKen

Bot ideas giveaway

Yes. This is a new topic about bots. But I'm not here to beg for ideas. I'm here to give some. All the following bots will

require some time to implement, and some knowledge in programing. But they shouldn't be to tricky.

I thought about a bunch of bots which can drastically change the way of playing EE, in the way "I Can Dig It" from Floddy do.
There is five problems :
1) I'm lazy. Really lazy.
2) My connection is laggy, which raise some problems with the bots. If you played a laggy FLD Bot, you'll understand.
3) I'm really lazy.
Here's some ideas I got :

Top-view movement :
EE is side view. And in a bot, apart from recreating the whole physic engine, it's really hard to track people's movement.
The first point is easy to change : put some grav' dots/ladder.
The second point is much more difficult.

Mixing those two points, you can create a bot based on the "dig" concept, that allow people to move up/down/left/right.
I explain : The map is full of blocks. and the player is inside a 1x1 hole, with a grav' dot inside (1).
If the player press a key, the bot dig a block in that direction (2), allowing the player to move (3), and close the precedent location (4).

fAnjqiL.png

I already did this bot some time ago (here) using it as a real zomb' game (before the zombi potion T_T). But the system changed, so it's outdated.

But this bot could be use as a base for RPG, and a lot of other games. You can even recreate pokemon \o/

Battleship :
A X-versus-X minis. On the map, two ships on each side. Thoses ships have Y cannons (laser/bullet/cow/obiwan kenobi) facing each other. Each cannon is linked to a mini, and every time this mini is done, the cannon shoot (Animation to be done by the bot). On the other side, if they finish the same mini in time, the bullet shot will stop the one coming from the first side. If not, the cannon will be damaged/destoyed.

Worms-like bot :
Same configuration: two HQ on each side of the map, with à cannon (boosts). The player go in the cannon, and have to fall on the other base. He will explode (die) when touching the ground, which will create a hole in the ground. The goal is to destroy the other base by destroying the flag (for exemple).

How to do it : Generate the ground randomly. Add the base. On the ground: spikes, to kill the player.
When a player dies, he is be respawn just above the point he dies, which give the bot, the impact point. He is then teleported back in the base, so he could suicide again !
On the impact point, the ground is destroyed, and the spikes/spawns are redefined.

The major problem here, is the number of spikes/spawns, you'll probably need BC at first !

Tlt4tjs.png
The end. For now. And with TakoMan02 SDK, you just have to worry about your imagination \o/

P.S. : a +rep would be appreciated if you implement the bot (And I'll +rep if your job is good =P).

Last edited by tikenalpha (Jun 17 2013 3:32:14 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Re: Bot ideas giveaway

Pretty cool bots~

TiKen1423773213188219

Board footer