Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Bash

MG Crew Pro Minigames

Three levels in three days...

http://everybodyedits.com/?/13t-MG-Crew-Pro-Minigames

For our third public level, we made it more difficult than before, but still beatable.   It has less rooms than our previous level and after reading the comments, we also reduced the amount of locks.

If you ever get stuck, need help, or have a recommendation, you can visit us at the chat room.   http://tinychat.com/mgcrew

Feedback is definitely welcome.

72087599.png

Last edited by bass5098 (Aug 14 2010 8:06:54 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: MG Crew Pro Minigames

This is definetly one of our hardest levels to come out, so if you think your pro, Get over and try this level. It will cause rage, and for the weak hearted- this is not suggested. (rage quitters). I'd like to say it is also one of our most artistic levels thanks to our member Nou.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Aug 14 2010 7:04:26 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Yet, Still no one has even beat this, people have gotten halfway with a little cheats from admins. Right after the "Big Wave" people quit even though there are only 2 hard levels left (2 out of like 12) and one of those levels is the last. Come on who wants to be the first!

#4 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Suggestion: Read the Tips on what NOT to do thread and try to follow the advice in there. Single blocks and E jumps out the wazoo are no good.

Rest of the level is nice, from what I've seen.

#5 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

We've taken out most of our E-jumps and Single Blockswill be taken care of. Glad for Feedback. By the way, We almost have our first (and maybe only) winner!

#6 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Glad to have helped!

#7 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Woohoo. We have our first winner who isn't in the MG crew, and No help from admins! Gratz!

#8 Before February 2015

Google

Experiment more with what you have at your supply, take time and plan your levels before hand or put allot of time in to it, don't just go throwing down whatever comes to your mind first like E jumps, dots inside of arrows, and key blocks...Overall i thought it was pretty easy. But good job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Google (Aug 14 2010 9:10:16 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I'm the second winner //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Overall, it was pretty well built, but there should've been some more variation in the levels - It was easy, but a lot of the one-block opening jumps were very annoying at times.

#10 Before February 2015

mustang

Thanks for reducing the number of gates, that really helped the map become much more fair. I do have some additional pointers I would like to emphasize after playing and beating this map.

1) Do not reuse rooms from your previous maps. I noticed many rooms that were almost exactly the same from your minigames map. Reusing rooms will make the players feel like the map is stale and not worth completing if they have played your previous maps.

2) Try to avoid reusing the same challenges from previous rooms in your map. I noticed several rooms were nothing more than a repeat of a room I had completed earlier with some minor modifications. That's a sure way to make your map feel stale, especially if you are also reusing rooms from your previous maps at the same time.

3) Avoid using cheap tactics to make a "hard" challenges. As others have mentioned above, there are some designs you need to avoid using if don't want your map to be seen as cheap. You did a better job addressing this issue with this map compared to your previous one, but continue to make improvements in going away from hook jumps, repetitive jumping challenges, etc. This can also be solved by injecting more creativity into your maps through experimentation.

Good luck on your next map.

#11 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

This   map is now dead- We will take the feedback into consideration if we ever remake it.

#12 Before February 2015

Silverflash-x

Wish I could have tried it, I enjoyed the other two, especially the underwater themed level.

Bash 1423775431186001

Board footer