Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MIHB

Taste the Sky, Icarus

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWkwAAAA

My new personal map.

This map differs from most maps in that the focus is on flight and exploration rather than on completing tricks; in fact the top level is the only area that has "rooms", and there are three ways to beat the map without even entering the top area.

The inspiration for this map is the legend of Icarus, where Icarus attempted to escape exile by flying over the sea with wings made of wax.   However, because he flew too close to the sun, his wings melted and he fell to his death into the ocean.   Like Icarus, if you fly too close to the sun, your wings melt and you fall back to earth.

Last edited by MIHB (Nov 2 2010 9:50:56 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: Taste the Sky, Icarus

awsome level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink beat it and just loved it   must of took you forever to get the arrows there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Wow great level! I beat it as well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue did you just put random arrows everywhere and then make paths through it or what?

edit: I just restart the thing and I think I found a way to cheat. It took me about 10 second to get to the end. On the cloud farthest to the right, if you are going fast enough towards it and in the right position, you can get past the arrows that block you from falling towards the freedom part.

Last edited by greenzoid2 (Oct 30 2010 2:58:45 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

musuki

It's very refreshing to see something other than a progression of repetitive rectangular rooms. I like the idea, and it works well. Good job.

#5 Before February 2015

MIHB

Glad you liked it, guys!

kaosslasher: it did not actually take long as most of the arrows were spread out by zooming around the map and swirling my cursor around putting arrows everywhere, then going over the same areas with a different type of arrow.

greenzoid: as I said, there are four methods to beat the map, and in fact the one you found is not even the fastest.

#6 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I felt it was more an artistic map. Although it was fun finding out the ways nonetheless.

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I got all the coins, it was awesome.

#8 Before February 2015

Kelidimari

Oh wow.   I love the level.   I could not get all of the coins, but it was very nice to not have to mass jump and the feel of it was very liberating, very free.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile   Awesome!

#9 Before February 2015

Alex

I played this before you released it. :O I saw it in the beta list and was like 'looks cool'. Anyway, it's a great concept, something different is always great in ee. Never beat it personally, but still, good job.

#10 Before February 2015

mustang

Great map, I really enjoyed it. I love how it was so different from most other maps with its open ended design giving the player the freedom to explore and find whichever path worked best to get to the end.

The coins were a nice touch for those who like to collect them and it also gave incentive to really explore the sky and not just hurry to the exit. I hope this inspires more maps that break the cookie-cutter mold, great job.

MIHB 1423776023185409

Board footer