Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Kangxp

New Locked Code Access?

Hello everybody,
I saw that if you spammed the wrong code (entered wrong code more than 3 times), the system will block you from entering any more codes, even if it is correct. Is this a new (hidden) feature that MrShoe implemented recently or was this there some time ago? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

PHPLBoT.jpg
How I first realized this feature.

VnY2X0h.jpg
A test I did. I set the code to 1234 in my alt's world, then I used my main account to do 1111 multiple times, before trying 1234. I failed to get edit.

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#2 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Re: New Locked Code Access?

Spam the code and this happens.
R4qLATH.png
This is without a doubt the stupidest thing I have seen this week.

5671.jpg

#3 Before February 2015

Soulrunner

Breadfinn wrote:

Spam the code and this happens.
http://i.imgur.com/R4qLATH.png
This is without a doubt the stupidest thing I have seen this week.

From what I understand is they they added that to try to stop trolling. Even though it's pointless as people don't set codes, they use /giveedit most of the time

#4 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

They could at least let the level owners toggle if they want that to happen. It is the player's world, not the admins'.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#5 Before February 2015

skullz17

It doesn't stop trolling, it stops people from trying to crack a code with a bot or something, because I think it will only kick you if you press send repeatedly very quickly (like a bot would do). And the thing where it locks you from trying the code after 3 tries - unless you're trying to crack the code I don't see how you would get it wrong 3 times.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 Before February 2015

Soulrunner

skullz16 wrote:

It doesn't stop trolling, it stops people from trying to crack a code with a bot or something, because I think it will only kick you if you press send repeatedly very quickly (like a bot would do). And the thing where it locks you from trying the code after 3 tries - unless you're trying to crack the code I don't see how you would get it wrong 3 times.

It does stop trolling by preventing trollers from guessing the code then trolling.

#7 Before February 2015

skullz17

Soulrunner wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

It does stop trolling by preventing trollers from guessing the code then trolling.

I don't know what kind of trolling you've seen but most don't get the code by guessing.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#8 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

This was added to prevent bots from very easily obtaining room codes.
People set their code to, for example "12P6" and think everything is fine, and then a bot gets their code in under 1 second.
Use Google and search for how fast GPUs can brute force crack passwords these days.
Some people think that, because they themselves only use "/giveedit", this is not useful.
In reality there are thousands of people playing EE and only very few of them even know that command exists.
It was mentioned in a blog post here but isn't a button or whatever in the EE interface - at least not that I know of.
I'm glad they have added this. Less script kiddies will be able to vandalize the game.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Kangxp142394409317339

Board footer