Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

mustang

EX Crew The Fall of Zeal

We are on the verge of releasing our latest map, The Fall of Zeal, which will be opened as soon as we finish some last quality checks.

tfoz.png

As I've mentioned in other threads, this map has been made easier than our previous ones although there will still be numerous difficult challenges and rooms scattered throughout. Please do not quit the map if you get stuck and instead visit our public chat found at www.tinychat.com/ex1 for assistance.

The Fall of Zeal is based on events that took place in the SNES game Chrono Trigger and we have made sure to feature all of the important points of interest, including the Mountain of Woe, the Skyway, Zeal Palace, the Ocean Palace, and of course Lavos. You can read more about Zeal at http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Zeal if you wish to learn more.

The current url for the map is http://everybodyedits.com/?/17d-EX-Crew-Fall-of-Zeal but as always this is subject to change as the map crashes and is reposted. If the link doesn't work, just search for the word "Zeal" and you should be able to find it. *EDIT* The link is updated and should work again, for now.

As always feedback is welcomed. Please enjoy your adventure through the kingdom of Zeal!

Last edited by mustang (Aug 17 2010 3:37:59 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Re: EX Crew The Fall of Zeal

As always, a quality product from the Ex Crew. I'm currently working at the level (almost done) and so far I like it, with only one suggestion:

Try to get away from annoying challenges that require tons of repeats even if you know how to do it. I'd like to see challenges that aren't about how fast or how many keys you can press at once. Challenges that require you to think, or even ones that trick you, are the best, in my opinion. They could be obvious, yet no one would get them the first few times.

#3 Before February 2015

mustang

Rurigok wrote:

As always, a quality product from the Ex Crew. I'm currently working at the level (almost done) and so far I like it, with only one suggestion:

Try to get away from annoying challenges that require tons of repeats even if you know how to do it. I'd like to see challenges that aren't about how fast or how many keys you can press at once. Challenges that require you to think, or even ones that trick you, are the best, in my opinion. They could be obvious, yet no one would get them the first few times.

In response to your suggestion, I do want to bring up the fact that there were 3 rooms in the upper gold palace that required you to experiment and did not emphasize extremely fast reflexes. There were of course others throughout the map, but this was not the sequel to Illusion so not every room will be built on deception.

I do understand that there were more of the challenges you are describing in the ocean palace at the bottom, but that is where the difficulty increases and hence faster reflexes are not surprising. There are many different kinds of challenges, from reflexes to mental ones, and our maps will likely have a different balance each time.

As always we will take your comments under consideration, and I am glad to hear you overall enjoyed the map.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 17 2010 4:31:14 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Yeah, I did indeed note those, and the challenges were not bad. I'm simply stating that some of these, even though they were easy to figure out, required many, many tries. I also noticed that a few of the challenges were long and one slip up could put you quite a ways back.   But either way, the pros of your level completely outweigh the cons.

The art, for some reason, simply isn't as aesthetically pleasing to me as your other levels, but is still excellent.

I'd give the map a 9.5/10 and recommend it to any experienced EE'er.

#5 Before February 2015

MageBomb

That was one great map! too bad it crushed, i was ONE room before the boss $#!!$%

Anyway, to be honest, it is a good map, but there are too many annoying arrows. When I play regular minigames Im **** of when I get to X point and then the arrows make me fall down/bring me to the start. In this level - they are almost everywhere! Besides, there where parts I wasn't sure where to go..(Becuase you put arrows and design so i thought it might be the way), so you should keep your levels more organzied if you don't plan there will be X ways to get to Y place.

But it is a great level, almost it seems like more decent people can pass it not like your other levels where you could rage quit at some point.

Last edited by MageBomb (Aug 17 2010 4:59:40 am)

#6 Before February 2015

thesadface

Ex crew. The first and best crew on EE.
The map to   me is one of the best you had to find out which way to go sometimes and it makes EE feel like
it's a Puzzle Game instead of a Platformer.

#7 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

You guys rock, EX Crew! Keep up the great work. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

mustang

The map has crashed many times so far, so we are letting the servers work out their bugs and we will repost the map later today. Please be on the lookout as The Fall of Zeal will return and everyone will get a chance to play it.

Rurigok - Thanks again for your comments, I understand your points and they will be taken into consideration. The artwork was different in this map since there were many components instead of one driving motif as there was in a map such as Ice Level, so naturally some players will feel it's odd or like it for being different.

MageBomb - Different gamers have different perspectives on the somewhat disorienting path to take to the end of the map. While you didn't particularly like it, thesadface did, and I'm sure everyone else will also have a different opinion. Thanks for your praise along with your criticism, and we do take all comments into consideration for future maps.

To everyone else who commented so far, thanks for the praise and rest assured The Fall of Zeal will be back later.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 17 2010 5:36:43 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Nou

Once again a quality map by EX Crew. Even though I've never played Chrono Trigger the graphics look very 8bit like which is amazing. Challenge-wise I see a nice steady line progressing from easy to hard which is what every level needs.

I feel like you could have done a bit more with the waterfall part. The beginning is very nice and original but it when you get a bit higher it's just a matter of pressing up and you'll get there, rather than some tricky jumps in the beginning.

I got to the bossroom but then the server died unfortunately. Overall, I did see a great quantity of original jumps ( even though sometimes very small )   and I'd recommend everyone to play this regardless of experience.

No u.

#10 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

It's a shame the map is offline right now, I never got a chance to try it. The minimap depicts a very challenging level, and I am looking forward to its repost.

#11 Before February 2015

Silverflash-x

Never got to try it, but the minimap looks excellent. Waiting for the repost.

#12 Before February 2015

MFL

Reposted!

Last edited by MFL (Aug 17 2010 1:46:35 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

mustang

Any more comments on the map for those who has a chance to play it? The Fall of Zeal will likely be reposted again tomorrow so be on the lookout in the list of maps.

#14 Before February 2015

musuki

The best rooms were probably in the castle near the top, e.g. the low arrow ceiling room, and a few right near the end. It's nice to see some refreshing challenges from good design, rather than, for example, having to do two block vertical jumps ad nauseam. I'm not a big fan of those sections with hundreds of arrows (usually 'outside' in your maps). Perhaps there's some clever way of doing these, but I usually resort to jumping randomly into them and getting through by luck.

I don't really have much else to say. The map looks awesome, as always, and the secret amused me. Oh and, for what it's worth, I liked your boss ideas.

Last edited by musuki (Aug 18 2010 5:42:34 am)

#15 Before February 2015

Chips

It's up again for those who are interested

http://everybodyedits.com/?/121-EX-Crew … ll-of-Zeal

#16 Before February 2015

Zap

I love these scenes, Would like to see more in the future.

#17 Before February 2015

Ciro

Excelent level, you guys rocks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#18 Before February 2015

mustang

Ciro wrote:

Excelent level, you guys rocks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thanks Ciro and to everyone else who played and enjoyed our map.

Unfortunately The Fall of Zeal was our last map, and we hoped everyone enjoyed the reposting of all of our maps yesterday, which may have been the last time you see an EX Crew map.

If we ever repost our maps again however unlikley, we will make a post in the forum and reopen our tinychat. This means any and all EX Crew maps you see from now on will be impostors, so be wary of others using our name.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 20 2010 12:06:12 am)

#19 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Why gravedig this room?
Yes it is a decent map, but no real feedback, just sucking up to them >_>

#20 Before February 2015

is the title a rip off of my "mountins of zeel"?

#21 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Check the date it has been posted.
2010-08-17
Where do these noobs come from?

#22 Before February 2015

Nou

272 wrote:

is the title a rip off of my "mountins of zeel"?

Yes a 2 year old map is a ripoff of one of your levels. We travelled to the future and back JUST to copy your level.

No u.

#23 Before February 2015

oh ok lol. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
(I knew it wasn't a ripoff)\
and doen't matter my level is history as in blown up.
I'm using my great saved world for XB crew insted. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#24 Before February 2015

Zakleo

This is realy old..........

#25 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

wiktoria wrote:

Awesome level for me easy also. Nobody can beat EX Crew levels they rock so much!

When you dig up a years-old topic, please make sure whatever you're about to say is utterly fantastic.

Warning issued for grave-digging.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

mustang 1423800231161201

Board footer