Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Help me find a level.

Hey everyone. I'm trying to find an old EE level.

If I recall, a major theme in this level was ascension. The primary objective was to climb higher and higher, until reaching the very top of the map. However, sometimes you would fall a great distance. In fact, to complete the level, you actually needed to fall the length of the map a few times just to continue. The contrast between the lengthy climbing and sudden falling really struck a chord with me. To be given wings only to have them stripped away. And to repeat the process despite knowing the outcome. There's something poetic, maybe sad, about that.

Another thing: the use of color. Stark swatches of red, blue, and green, all isolated. For instance, you'd be climbing a tower of crimson, only to fall and meet your next challenge in cobalt. The way you were immersed in a single color at a time, it was beautiful and scary. Turning off my laptop and leaving this minimalist wonderland, I was only disappointed by the messy palette of the real world.

Finally, the aspect of competition. What really set this level apart was the way it pitted players against each other. Everybody Edits is a multiplayer game, but rarely do players interact in meaningful ways. This level was different. It turned good people bad. No, it made good people do bad things. If you weren't the first to ascend a given area, you were forced to restart. Thus, the only way to win was to be the fastest and reset everyone else. I'm don't say this proudly: I took a strange pleasure in winning this race for survival. Maybe it awakened some primal instinct in me. Maybe winning validated my masculinity on some subconscious level.

All I know is that playing this level made me think, and if that's not art, then you might as well consider all of Everybody Edits devoid of culture. Without a doubt, this level changed the way I approach life. No longer do I simply "go through the motions" day to day. Now... I live.

The only thing I forget is what this level was called. Ladder to Password? Escalator to Cipher? Stairs to Code?

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Dec 7 2014 6:57:37 pm)

Wooted by: (2)

#2 Before February 2015

Noctis

Re: Help me find a level.

Do you remember the world size? Great, massive, or tall?

#3 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Noctis wrote:

Do you remember the world size? Great, massive, or tall?

The original was 200x200. Although there have been a surprising amount of spinoffs, so I'm sure it's been done in a different size.

#4 Before February 2015

nathskiix7811

did you seriously just describe every stair level ever. stair to code.

Last edited by nathskiix7811 (Dec 7 2014 7:28:56 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Anch

Yeah he described it in such a way that makes it sound interesting.

#6 Before February 2015

Master1

Why does this sound like an mfl post???

I recommend searching the word "stair" in the lobby.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 Before February 2015

tak4n

Lol pro troll topic props to you

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#8 Before February 2015

dragonranger

nathskiix7811 wrote:

did you seriously just describe every stair level ever

how did i not realise....

#9 Before February 2015

tak4n

He makes it very clear that he is talking about stairs in the last sentence which makes it very obvious. "Ladder to password" really gives it away.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#10 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

We should make stairs a thing again. They were great. All of these new worlds with their 'art' and their 'challenging minis' are terrible.

:.|:;

#11 Before February 2015

Noctis

I think you're talking about Well's Weird World. You climb up and up on green, crimson, and red "towers" and fall down only to climb back up again.

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWPeWZw4y7a0I

Last edited by Noctis (Dec 8 2014 1:58:48 am)

#12 Before February 2015

skullz17

I'm sure I would've got it if I didn't scroll down first ._.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#13 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

I think he was talking about something along the lines of...don't know how to explain, hope you will understand me. Basically, there's a seperation point in the map between regular gravity and up arrows gravity. Then, you climb platforms in the regular gravity area and jump down to land onto the reverse gravity area. Then you jump from the reverse area to get onto another platform (which is higher than the last platform) and jump off of that to get higher and higher in a way. Then, when you reach the very top, you jump all the way down and land on the win.

Get what I mean?

I think I got the world he was describing wrong.

791mAP8.png

#14 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed these levels more than most "pro" ones. Does that make me a noob? Probably. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#15 Before February 2015

Anch

Pyromaniac wrote:

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed these levels more than most "pro" ones. Does that make me a noob? Probably. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

I enjoy them too...

#16 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Agreed. When I play EE, I don't want a challenge.

:.|:;

#17 Before February 2015

Bimps

stair levels have colours, i like colours

#18 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Bimps wrote:

stair levels have colours, i like colours

r u british
And there was just something more inherently fun about these than banging random fingers on a keyboard trying to figure out an overly compex "mini".

EDit: There definitely have been minimakers who I did enjoy tho, like stagecrew, thecoolguy, and DC.

Last edited by Pyromaniac (Dec 9 2014 6:48:30 am)

#19 Before February 2015

Muftwin

Pyromaniac wrote:

banging random fingers on a keyboard

your doing it wrong thats probly why you dont enjoy it

#20 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Well im not talking about every mini ever made, there just comes a point when its too detailed for its own good lol

#21 Before February 2015

Anch

Pyromaniac wrote:

Well im not talking about every mini ever made, there just comes a point when its too detailed for its own good lol

Yeah. Sometimes I just like to relax and play some minis in "100 minis to code" worlds. It takes the stress off me to by honest.

#22 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

I do enjoy hard worlds such as techno terror/veil, but simple noob levels as "parkor 2 edit" or "SUPER HARD BOSS!!111!" do take the heat off.

791mAP8.png

#23 Before February 2015

skullz17

Well. Parkour will just frustrate me if it's hard. 200 minis are going to annoy me too because of the slow progress. Bosses are okay though. And stairs.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#24 Before February 2015

ani

10/10 copypasta

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#25 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Most of the "pro" minimakers are hella pretentious too, which makes me not want to play their maps.

supadorf24142394558015852

Board footer