Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Tab mini

Basically, whilst messing around in my upcoming level, with switches, switch gates/doors, I have a pretty farfetch'd idea (Poképun).

I'd like a few opinions on whether this idea could be fun, or just plain terrible.

Summary

You are in a mini, with other people, and it is not possible at all, with any controls (wasd, arrows, space); However you see everyone else's ghost bug out and look like they beat the level for approximately .5 of a second.
Thus proving the mini is possible, however you have no real control over it.
Then timing on switching tabs, you will be able to beat it, due to the strange slowness that occurs in-game, whenever you swap tabs.

So, it'd be a semi-harsh tab flipping mini-game, which is only possible due to the unique qualities of the dodgy coding.

It may be hard to visualise, and probably very hard to actually create those types of minis, without seeing what happens, and if it is consistent.

I have made a mini which is only possible with this technique:
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAFDg24qna0I
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAFDg24qna0I

Feedback would be nice if you would like to see more of this crazyiness

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Dec 28 2012 6:24:12 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Re: Tab mini

Not sure if the first two drops are supposed to be beatable without using tabs (which means I beat it).

EDIT: The first drop is beatable by holding space and right. The second drop is beatable without doing anything.
28t3zm.jpg
The level is rather easy (it took me two tries to win switching tabs), but it is well executed and thought-out.

DOUBLE EDIT: The whole thing is winnable without using tabs. The third drop you can hold space and left to clear.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Dec 28 2012 7:34:26 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

maegor

really, I passed the level automatically o.o
one try!

Arceus, I beat the whole level without pressing any button!

Last edited by maegor (Dec 28 2012 8:10:01 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Lictor666

Easy, but fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
1356747194-win56.png

#5 Before February 2015

Nickolai

Didn't take too long to figure it out, but cool concept!
Wo8DC.png

#6 Before February 2015

Koto

That's pretty cool.

#7 Before February 2015

RDash

Cool find! You always find these things haha
20z73m9.png
To answer your question, I actually do think that it would be cool to see a tab-flip level. I love seeing glitch levels and I think that this could be a very fun idea to work with. Now, I don't think that this should be used as a sole mini in random levels as I could definitely see it getting annoying trying to beat a level legitimately only to realize that you need to tab-switch.
Just my 2¢

#8 Before February 2015

AngelBoy

Really nice one! it's took me some time to figure it out but I liked the concept! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
[to lazy to upload win pic]

#9 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

I guess people with laggier/less laggier(?) computers can do this without tab flipping, however I could not replicate what Arceus did, even with the suggested configuration of buttons.

So naturally, some people can do this without tab flipping, so I need to find a way to make it solely rely on tab flips, which sounds easier than it sounds, due to the fact that you can't see what is happening when doing so.

#10 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Doctor_downes wrote:

I guess people with laggier/less laggier(?) computers can do this without tab flipping, however I could not replicate what Arceus did, even with the suggested configuration of buttons.

So naturally, some people can do this without tab flipping, so I need to find a way to make it solely rely on tab flips, which sounds easier than it sounds, due to the fact that you can't see what is happening when doing so.

I think the reason I was able to win using the previously mentioned techniques is that EE has become real laggy the past week or so, and that me pressing two or more buttons at once starts up the lagging process of the game, therefore that amount of time in between spikes slows down and with the arrows and space I'm able to move myself whenever I merely press it.

That could be the reason, I think.

#11 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

It is possible to do on EX Shift.   Just switch tabs before they start and you'll be the first person to get the crown.

#12 Before February 2015

arteem

Win, I didn't really do anything, just switched the tab for 10 minutes and won; I like this.

??????%20??????%202012-12-29%20?%2018.58.57.png

#13 Before February 2015

Deetz

Curse my superfast computer :C

#14 Before February 2015

Arceus64

legoking2000 wrote:

It is possible to do on EX Shift.   Just switch tabs before they start and you'll be the first person to get the crown.

After they discovered that, the bot doesn't let you win the game. It only counts the coins you have.

#15 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Boo'm I'm on vacation and can't try t hi s out from'm the tablet :c

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#16 Before February 2015

fille02

i am clear it but i cant do one pic its a great level its was hard beginning then it got easier

#17 Before February 2015

Shaddey

fille02 wrote:

i am clear it but i cant do one pic its a great level its was hard beginning then it got easier

You need To upload à win pic you wont be trusted if you Dont upload one. And you made à few win pics ago also.

#18 Before February 2015

allerulez

11855301.png

I did it on my 1st try nice world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Codfoshie1423804407157025

Board footer