Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Stagecrew

Beasts of Fire

Beasts of Fire

GkRRo.png

This is an art-only level that I made just for fun, I would appreciate feedback. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWyU5Zr4VCbEI

Last edited by Stagecrew (Jan 16 2013 5:43:51 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Koto

Re: Beasts of Fire

The tree looks like there's room in there, that you made for minis, yet this is art only.   That makes no sense.   Also, the moon being on fire, makes even less sense.   Also, the house (the parts that aren't on fire) isn't shaded at all.   Although, you did a really good job on the fire, and as I'm typing this right now, I noticed a snake-like thing made out of fire.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Jan 15 2013 12:24:33 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Shadow

well the fire really looks good...just wondering why that tree isnt on fire?:/ anyway good job of fire .;)

#4 Before February 2015

ani

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

The tree looks like there's room in there, that you made for minis, yet this is art only.   That makes no sense.   Also, the moon being on fire, makes even less sense.   Also, the house (the parts that aren't on fire) isn't shaded at all.   Although, you did a really good job on the fire, and as I'm typing this right now, I noticed a snake-like thing made out of fire.

I thought the moon being on fire was pretty cool :/

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#5 Before February 2015

Stagecrew

gx0R2.png
Revised from criticism from villager and kingoftheozone. (I only did the shading on the house for him)
EDIT: Replaced picture in first post with this.

Last edited by Stagecrew (Jan 15 2013 5:51:54 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Koto

Yeah that looks a lil better. The main thing that bothers me was the tree //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue   I don't care that much about the moon, still looks pretty cool.

#7 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

I am amazed at these negative comments.

The art is incredibly great.   Some of the best art I've seen on EE. +rep

#8 Before February 2015

tak4n

The fire is amazing, in a million years I would not be able to make it better even if I spent all that time trying. The fire just blown my mind off. However I do think that the moon being on fire is a little too much, in my opinion it would have looked better if you left the moon alone.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#9 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

It looked more like sparks drifting from the flame below, but I guess it does look like the moon is on fire.

I don't see how it's a bit "much" when there's a fire dragon swooping near the tree.

I don't know if it would look better or not if the moon was made red.   Like an eclipse.

#10 Before February 2015

Koto

Well, azure, stagecrew/ohho (same person) does alot of strange monsters.   Look at his monster in Lost Levels.   I think it would look better if the moon was just shining on it all.   It just doesn't make sense to have to moon be on fire, especially when the flames are about the same size as the rest of the flames.   Don't you realize how far away the moon is?

#11 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Well, azure, stagecrew/ohho (same person) does alot of strange monsters.   Look at his monster in Lost Levels.   I think it would look better if the moon was just shining on it all.   It just doesn't make sense to have to moon be on fire, especially when the flames are about the same size as the rest of the flames.   Don't you realize how far away the moon is?

I know it's far away, but like with videogames, art doesn't always have to make sense.

The-melting-clock800600.jpg&sa=X&ei=PSf2ULGzMpDTigKDgIGACw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGtMQEwMg-0yOhTFqsC4lglY0Dwkg

#12 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

While your art is good indeed, the design is what ruins this. This is one of those worlds which have great art, but bad design.

1) Think about it, would you see a cake in the middle of the warfield?

2) One other thing that bugs me the most is that the stars above is blue, which doesn't correlate the theme. Perhaps you want to change the color of the stars and auras.

3) Maybe you want to wilten the tree leaves?

Overall -- Good! You just need to 'consider' the theme.

@Azure, while I agree that it doesn't always have to make sense, in this case it does not always go well with the theme, causing a minus in overall score.

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Jan 15 2013 10:27:20 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Stagecrew

GkRRo.png
Changed the moon so that it looks like it's not on fire and updated first post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Aoitenshi- I did not try suggestions 1 and 3, but I did try the stars. It ended up not looking good overall, but thanks for your feedback anyway. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Stagecrew (Jan 16 2013 5:47:10 am)

#14 Before February 2015

Michal

Pretty kwl...:)

#15 Before February 2015

arteem

Nice. The flame's awesome, but the whole art could a have a little improvement. For example, fire trees look a bit unrealistic; fire flames up and can't have a defined shape, as it can't also flame from nothing, you should draw branches so it would look a bit more realistic. Throughout, I'd suggest making the green tree a bit more darkened because, it's night.

Yeah, I take it to make realistic, but if you're not, I'd say this shouldn't have any improvement then.

Pace let me say that the reflection on the moon was nice and you shouldn't have deleted it.

And, Boh is right, you shouldn't change everything people suggest to you lest make the map worse.

#16 Before February 2015

TerrorCookie

verry nice art c: but why did you deleted the smexy art from theditor and me? DD: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#17 Before February 2015

Stagecrew

arteem wrote:

Nice. The flame's awesome, but the whole art could a have a little improvement. For example, fire trees look a bit unrealistic; fire flames up and can't have a defined shape, as it can't also flame from nothing, you should draw branches so it would look a bit more realistic. Throughout, I'd suggest making the green tree a bit more darkened because, it's night.

Yeah, I take it to make realistic, but if you're not, I'd say this shouldn't have any improvement then.

Pace let me say that the reflection on the moon was nice and you shouldn't have deleted it.

And, Boh is right, you shouldn't change everything people suggest to you lest make the map worse.

When I draw, I never try to make realistic things; just things that are nice to look at. So I'm going to keep it unrealistic. Yn8I7.png

Boh wrote:

Well, I loved that the moon was on fire, and that one of the trees isn't - I think it has a beautiful dream-like atmosphere, it reminded me of something from a Lars Von Trier film.

I don't see any reason or need to 'make sense' if we are drawing from our imaginations.

That's the difference between an artist and someone who is just good at drawing - artists are not cameras, they show us new things in ways we haven't looked at them before.

Ohho - you are an artist and there was nothing wrong with your original picture - it's good to take constructive criticism, but don't pay too much attention to those with less developed imaginations handing out picky points from inside their little boxes.
^ hmm that sounded a bit harsh maybe - but yea the 'it doesn't make sense' thing - grrrr //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Thanks for that bit of advice, I'll keep that in mind for future art. I'm too lazy to make more changes though, I'll just leave it how it is now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Stagecrew (Jan 16 2013 2:38:17 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

I like the art only but maybe a dot path to observe could be nice.

Fire snake - logical , fire moon - illogical.

#19 Before February 2015

Insanity

D00d, Dat art is amazing.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Stagecrew1423805056156376

Board footer