Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 Before February 2015

BossCreaterof2011

Re: Floddy DigBot "I Can Dig It"

I can see the snake ahs gotten faster, i actually like it because it will prevent people from going down in one big group

On the downside, if its coming at you and you get lag, you cant get out of its way, then you die

#277 Before February 2015

pokemonsmile101

The Digging Mega Raffle!!

Hello, just another player of Floddy's dig bot.

I am making a Mega Raffle, to make the raffle bigger, and more ores to win more, give things to noobaccount!
I will check how much the raffle has expanded out each day.

On the first day it puts in a ruby!!
And every 2-4 days of the week random ore(s) get put in!

To win the raffle : You must be higher then level 15. I will pick a RANDOM and trust me it is random number!!

I'll even show you a pic if you really are that stubborn, to enter the raffle, please fill out the blanks and quote the post. (Or a video!!)

Fill in the blanks to see if you are accepted :

Hello, I am a player of Floddy's Dig Bot. I want to join this raffle. My time zone is _____. I am also level ____. My everybody edits username is ___________. The maximum ores I will give to noobaccount are _______. (Yes or no.) ,I trust pokemonster654. I will have as much fun as possible! I am number __. (Pick a number in order from 1 to 2 to 3, etc.)

That was just the forum application!!

I am trying to get my rep up, I would like my rep to be +'d.

Thank you all for joining!!

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                pokemonster654

sDWVJ

Last edited by pokemonsmile101 (May 19 2012 7:41:07 pm)

#278 Before February 2015

222hockey222

I was just playing, when I decided to trade someone some ores in exchange for some ores. I gave the person what they wanted, but when they gave it to me (yes, it said "you have given 222hockey222 __   [ore]), but it didn't show in my bag, or anywhere else. This happened about 4 times, before someone said !bag 222hockey222, and it showed all my ores that it didn't show me. I tried saying !bag but it said my bag was empty.

I can't store all the ores other people can see, because for me my bag is empty. I have 65 gold, 24 amethyst, 16 emerald, 4 ruby, and 1 diamond, according to what other people see.

Please fix this, before I have to log out, otherwise they will be lost. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#279 Before February 2015

Djrulz

222hockey222 wrote:

I was just playing, when I decided to trade someone some ores in exchange for some ores. I gave the person what they wanted, but when they gave it to me (yes, it said "you have given 222hockey222 __   [ore]), but it didn't show in my bag, or anywhere else. This happened about 4 times, before someone said !bag 222hockey222, and it showed all my ores that it didn't show me. I tried saying !bag but it said my bag was empty.

I can't store all the ores other people can see, because for me my bag is empty. I have 65 gold, 24 amethyst, 16 emerald, 4 ruby, and 1 diamond, according to what other people see.

Please fix this, before I have to log out, otherwise they will be lost. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I have proof that he is telling the truth.

222hockey222glitch.png

#280 Before February 2015

grantje412

This place   rocks but one thing ICAN-TDIGIT

#281 Before February 2015

SuperStar11179912

Floddy, why does my pick keep breaking? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Picks broken yesterday
-Emerald (Epic) x1
-Ruby (Flawless) x2
-Ruby (Superior) x1
Picks broken today
-Coal (Flawless) x1 (Broke right away)
-Ruby (Exquisite) x3
-Ruby (Superior) x2
-Sapphire (Legendary) x1 (I gave ysoserious 2 diamonds and hockey 1 diamond & 4 rubies so they can harden this and it broke in 30 mins)

Is there something wrong with pickaxes now? I am running low on supplies. I know its unusual for a level 44 to ask for help, but I need some people to donate some ores, preferably rubies, since thats what I'm trying to harden. If I this problem continues then I will be eventually scrwd.

Last edited by SuperStar11179912 (May 19 2012 8:39:07 pm)

#282 Before February 2015

ECC

read ENTIRE thread before posting this idea:
Magical lamps are the scifi red or blue bricks.

Preventing entrapment: all chatters can tap up to create a zero gravity dot(of course would not work if there is a block in the way)

These commands. Spawn places a portal at your location and TP's you to the surface. Once you have successfully spawned, the portal is replaced with a block. Can spawn multiple people IF players are grouped onto block location
!eSpawn [Amount] [Ore] (Ore must be value of gold or better?)
!Spawn (works ANYWHERE including surface. Up to player if they want to waste ore //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink )
update leaderboard please. I know im on it in coal and I want to see my name in lights //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

oh and I would like to thank you for that chest. I was just going to ask for the two gold(and not mention the silver and coal XD) I lost from the spammer, But you made my day with the generosity //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit: bit of a noob here, But can you put a list as to the order of pick speed? you unlock some at the same level and Im rather confused as to what i should build.

Edit2: for the spawn platform.9kupll.png
the drum: x8tpt.png

Last edited by ECC (May 19 2012 10:42:45 pm)

#283 Before February 2015

AndreiTan

FloddyFosh, mind adding more functions, interactions and blocks?

#284 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Djrulz wrote:
222hockey222 wrote:

I have proof that he is telling the truth.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 … glitch.png

The difference between you saying !bag and others saying !bag 222hockey222 is that when you say !bag the bot will look at the data saved in an array saved during runtime. If others say !bag 222hockey222 the bot will look first if you are online. If you are online it takes the data out of the same array. Otherwise it will take the data out of your file thats stored on my laptop.

I rechecked for you the trade code and this seems really correct. Couldn't find any faults. So my only conclusion to this all is that the bot didn't know you were online. Ill have a look later into this if i can fix it =/

AndreiTan wrote:

FloddyFosh, mind adding more functions, interactions and blocks?

I'm doing all the time, but I really can't code faster =/, I just added chests lol //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#285 Before February 2015

twin802

twin802 wrote:

For example layer 2...You have to be level two but what if someone gave you a pick you can only make at level 8 then your pick is too strong for that layer. It shatters the artifact not the pick. The artifact should be the prison block(Not the best choice).
Different artifacts such as dinosaur artifacts and plant artifacts etc.
Exceptions:
If your pic is the hardest possible of that kind.

Yay one of my suggestions finally work out!

Did you add it?

#286 Before February 2015

TheRealGtaa

Yeey i love Minerals in layer 3 look:

diglvlfloddy.png

#287 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

twin802 wrote:
twin802 wrote:

For example layer 2...You have to be level two but what if someone gave you a pick you can only make at level 8 then your pick is too strong for that layer. It shatters the artifact not the pick. The artifact should be the prison block(Not the best choice).
Different artifacts such as dinosaur artifacts and plant artifacts etc.
Exceptions:
If your pic is the hardest possible of that kind.

Yay one of my suggestions finally work out!

Did you add it?

I can't code faster =/ Ive been gone shopping all day with my girlfriend today haha //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile!
Besides that ill implement other things first //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#288 Before February 2015

Nou

Uhm... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

floddybug.png

No u.

#289 Before February 2015

AndreiTan

If there were magical boxes that contain things only you could see, it would look much much much much (1 hour later) much much cooler.

#290 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Fixed it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!
Thank you!

Edit: More speedimprovements, no new stuff for now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 20 2012 11:44:36 am)

#291 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

From a programming point of view, presumably it would be fairly simple to transfer the "!save" code to the "!store" code. Just make it so that if 1 or more items are stored, save the data. After that, there should be no need for the save command.

Last edited by Mega Lamb (May 20 2012 12:48:16 pm)

Xenonetix_2.png

#292 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

I have an idea : when you store, it would be pleasant to know what you store. I know you just have to look in your bag, but I'm lazy! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#293 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Mega Lamb wrote:

From a programming point of view, presumably it would be fairly simple to transfer the "!save" code to the "!store" code. Just make it so that if 1 or more items are stored, save the data. After that, there should be no need for the save command.

There shouldn't even be a save command. The bot already saves when you log out, or when the bot crashes etc etc.
I think i'm gonna remove the command in the future... =/

#294 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

FloddyFosh wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

There shouldn't even be a save command. The bot already saves when you log out, or when the bot crashes etc etc.
I think i'm gonna remove the command in the future... =/

But for some reason, it doesn't ALWAYS save when you log out or when the bot crashes. As you've said yourself, when your computer crashes, data is lost unless people manually save. I'm not blaming you at all, because I know that computers can crash from time to time and nothing can be done about that unless you save all the data online, but if you do that, the data could be accessed and compromised.

I just think that the !save command itself should be removed, but it should auto-save every time someone stores so that our banks are always safe.

Xenonetix_2.png

#295 Before February 2015

ECC

Mega Lamb wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:

`SNIP`

I just think that the !save command itself should be removed, but it should auto-save every time someone stores so that our banks are always safe.

This might be a sane solution. Could Possibly add the save command to a few other commands as well/or have an autosave work every few minutes. Both would increase lag however, the former more so then the latter.

#296 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

ECC wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:

`SNIP`

This might be a sane solution. Could Possibly add the save command to a few other commands as well/or have an autosave work every few minutes. Both would increase lag however, the former more so then the latter.

Ill try to add it, but if the bot gets too laggy ill have to remove it =/

#297 Before February 2015

ECC

well, a autosave every few minutes would be   a minor lag spike, where as everyone banking would be constant lag stress. Pick your poison I suppose.

If bank: Nothing to say here. Going to be an issue no matter where you cut it. But the .save option as it currently is, is probably the same amount of lag.
If autosave: once every 5-10 mins. Adjust it to prevent lag, but dont go for more then 15. Have it post a message saying 'AUTOSAVE, saving all player data. Expect lag'

#298 Before February 2015

Sonicxs

Nou wrote:

Uh...I think something's gone wrong with the saving. When I left last night I was lvl 11, almost lvl 12, now I'm suddenly back to lvl 9 ? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Probly 'cause you didn't save the right way!:|

#299 Before February 2015

BossCreaterof2011

1) What would be nice was if you added a thing on the main forum post that tells if the bot is online, offline, or updating.

2) A changelog to see what was added and when it was added

3) a) The !breakpick command should give more than one xp, like coal still gives 1 when broken, breaking an iron one will give 2, the silver one gives 5, gold gives 10, etc. (corrisponding to how much xp the ore gives when mined.)

b) If the pick is upgraded, its gives double the xp for each level of upgrade for the !breakpick command.

c) To prevent just creating a pick and destroying it for xp, make it so you have to have used the pick or had the pick for a certain amount of time before you can break it, or you can only break a pick every so often, like every 10 min.

d) As a counter effect to the breaking a pick more than once in 10 min, add another command !burnpick/!killpick that incinerates the pick and gives no xp.

4) a) Way back when, (like 3-6 days ago, i think), there was coins scattered in the hard to reach areas of the ground level, (like in the sun, on top of the houses, blah blah blah).

b) Make it a daily elective, that when you get all the coins, you go thru a coin door, and you can get a special prize, and the prize corresponds to your level/rank.

c) This can only be completed daily, and add a leaderboard for top number of finishers, and a list of people who have finished it every day so far.

5) Add a pickaxe dig chart for all picks and thier upgrades, (showshow fast this pick with this upgrade digs in this layer,
plus add that it takes ( digs/taps minus ( level/5) unless digs/taps is <1) to dig in this layer. If knew how and if it was consistent i would do it myself, but...im lazy to collect the data on my own.

My current guess on the how fast it digs:

base digs for layer with no pickaxe: (will update info on base digs when i get to it)
Layer 1: Layer 2: Layer 3: Layer 4: Layer 5: Layer 6:

(base layer digs for each layer) - (pickaxe tier + pickaxe upgrade + (level/5 rounded down)= taps to dig for each layer

If im wrong please correct me Floody //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by BossCreaterof2011 (May 20 2012 6:25:12 pm)

#300 Before February 2015

ECC

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

What would be nice was if you added a thing on the main forum post that tells if the bot is online, offline, or updating.
Also a changelog to see what was added and when it was added
EDIT:
Also the !breakpick command should give more than one xp, like coal still gives 1 when broken, breaking an iron one will give 2, the silver one gives 5, gold gives 10, etc. (corrisponding to how much xp the ore gives when mined.)
Also if the pick is upgraded, its gives double the xp for each level of upgrade.
And to prevent just creating a pick and destroying it for xp, make it so you have to have used the pick or had the pick for a certain amount of time before you can break it, or you can only break a pick every so often, like every 10 min.
And as a counter effect to the breaking a pick more than once in 10 min, add another command !burnpick/!killpick that incinerates the pick and gives no xp.

I say set it to all 1xp, then for each time a tool is hardened add one ore value of that type to it. that way, the farming is not actually giving any sort of true value.

Moukdaboss1426888077484995

Board footer