Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1451 Before February 2015

skullz17

Re: Update Discussion

I edited my home world, but kept the sign at the spawn which says "Welcome to your home!". I like the idea of a home, why didn't I just do this with a normal world earlier? Well I get a free sign like this, and this new home of mine expresses my personality nicely.

I call it... The SkullCave! (Like the Bat Cave from Batman)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#1452 Before February 2015

Redhat

he's going to add a /mute command, just tell him to add a /muteall and DONE! no one has to complain about the distraction, now stop whining, this is the best update ever.

Also, for who bought the chat for $3, don't forget that you got $5 worth of gems, so if you want your $3 back, return the gems also.

LEVfOrl.png

Wooted by:

#1453 Before February 2015

Koto

RedHat wrote:

Also, for who bought the chat for $3, don't forget that you got $5 worth of gems, so if you want your $3 back, return the gems also.

You're missing the point.

Wooted by:

#1454 Before February 2015

arteem

WHAT!? CHAT FOR EVERYONE!? SRS?!

Fu--! I PAID THE WHOLE ONE CENT FOR THAT!!!

No seriously... We had much enough spam before, now... They must do something a certain person can setup who can he talk with.

WORST UPDATE. EVER

Last edited by arteem (Apr 24 2013 1:15:33 pm)

Wooted by:

#1455 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Echo! wrote:

This community confuses me.

People moaned like crazy for chat to be release to the public, and not just the whingey noobs. Now it's here, we all have to complain.

No one moaned for it, it was a widely accepted opinion that it was a good thing to pay a penny for chat.

Last edited by treejoe4 (Apr 24 2013 1:21:46 pm)

Wooted by:

#1456 Before February 2015

Redhat

chat for a few ones, complain in the forum
chat for everyone, complain in the forum

and you still ask why the moderators do not care about the forum opinion? If I was a moderator, I would do the same.

LEVfOrl.png

Wooted by:

#1457 Before February 2015

Koto

All the people that complained over parental control aren't the people complaining right now.   Get that straight.

Wooted by:

#1458 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I thought the $3 price was ridiculous, the $0.01 parental control actually worked really nicely. At least this chat thing will make it easier to bother single people when browsing random worlds in the lobby

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#1459 Before February 2015

arteem

RedHat wrote:

chat for a few ones, complain in the forum
chat for everyone, complain in the forum

and you still ask why the moderators do not care about the forum opinion? If I was a moderator, I would do the same.

So you think EVERYONE was asking to be chat for all, and now EVERYONE who did that is complaining? I think, just those who didn't ask would complain about such a thing.

It starts to be seen more often that people complain about people complaining about ee.

Wooted by:

#1460 Before February 2015

RedHat wrote:

I know, I thought about that and now think, "who cares? I can chat with my cousin now and got extra gems!"

Wooted by:

#1461 Before February 2015

Redhat

no, I never said that is everyone who's complaining, I said that the forum's opinion can't be heard by the mods because everyone has different opinions. stop putting words in my mouth

I sent an e-mail to mr.shoe, look:

This update was great! But now that we have better communicatin with the EE community, the chat system need two improvements: whisper system and tabs.
so who wants to talk only with a player will not interfere with other players.
also, the tabs system would include "all", "friends" and "whispers", so we can organize the chat"

how about that?

LEVfOrl.png

Wooted by:

#1462 Before February 2015

skullz17

I have always liked the chat for 1 cent system. I mean I might have suggested another system but I never asked for this.

Whispering and private group chats would make chat for everyone amazing.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#1463 Before February 2015

Koto

What makes me laugh is, there is probably some poor nonchat, who, for whatever buggy reason, still didn't get chat.

Wooted by:

#1464 Before February 2015

Bobithan

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

What makes me laugh is, there is probably some poor nonchat, who, for whatever buggy reason, still didn't get chat.

I can totally imagine that happening to me.

A lot of users still don't even know that they can chat yet, they still only use quickchat

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#1465 Before February 2015

Everglade

The whole point of having to buy chat was to make sure that our younger-aged community was safe from 'intense' language that may come across once in a while when our older-aged community has conversations.

It is most often the younger aged players who do the immature swearing. So the main purpose was to protect people who see swearing all the time from swearing. That said, i understand the game wanted to respect potential parents who want to protect their child from this.

Parents of some people may not like the language that 13 year olds+ use. They might be wary about their immature child giving away personal information; who knows?

This is very true, but Everybody Edits has Terms and Conditions you have to agree too.

Anyone else notice the Terms and Conditions was updated again when chat was added for everyone, making it so that you have to accept before entering the game again?

They have probably edited these Terms and Conditions in some way so that you accept there are these dangers of chat.

If parents wish to stop their child seeing chat, they should do that with a Parental Control feature added to the game.

Now we have upwards of literally 10 conversations at a time in some worlds, making the act of reading your friend's message next to impossible (with all the spam) unless you two constantly type each other's name in the message; which gets extremely annoying.

Yes, but Mr.Void has already said they are going to add a /mute feature.

Personally, i still think they should add   'Private Rooms' or multiple 'Public Rooms' which will divide up the hectic cluster of chats.

It used to be so that if you made an impostor account and actually bought chat for it, you're out $3 and I doubt anyone would pay multiple payments of $3 just to troll. Now, people can make as many accounts as they want as guess what? They'll still have chat and can still replicate other players.

This is indeed a problem.

Any chance accounts can be IP checked like how forum accounts work?

skullz16 wrote:

Whispering and private group chats would make chat for everyone amazing.

I was thinking something of a similar nature when i found out chat was for everyone and seeing how hectic is can get with everyone talking.

Last edited by Everglade (Apr 24 2013 3:14:31 pm)

Wooted by:

#1466 Before February 2015

Redhat

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

maybe someone named Brian

LEVfOrl.png

Wooted by:

#1467 Before February 2015

normaluser

Free chat, day one:

Mild spam. No sign of trolls. People already spamming "Oppa Gangnam Style".

Will report back later.

Wooted by:

#1468 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Kong's take on the update:

mrpnii2.png

zPgKave.png

lUCHAzM.png

IVCXqSj.png

The one about spanish-speakers was hilarious.

Last edited by Terence22205 (Apr 24 2013 5:26:24 pm)

Wooted by:

#1469 Before February 2015

If the chat was anything to judge, half of EE is Spanish-speaking indeed.

Wooted by:

#1470 Before February 2015

Hojaki

I don't get what's so bad about this update...
If you bought chat for one cent, so be it, it's only one cent.
If you bought chat for three dollars, so be it. You practically just bought 5 dollars worth of gems. So a discount.

>The community asks for free chat for everyone, as the current system is bad
>MrShoe does what the community wants; and the community is mad.

I don't get it?

Wooted by:

#1471 Before February 2015

Koto

Hojaki wrote:

I don't get what's so bad about this update...
If you bought chat for one cent, so be it, it's only one cent.
If you bought chat for three dollars, so be it. You practically just bought 5 dollars worth of gems. So a discount.

>The community asks for free chat for everyone, as the current system is bad
>MrShoe does what the community wants; and the community is mad.

I don't get it?

I'm tired of explaining this.   People went out and bought chat and beta.   Sure chat was only 1 cent, but it was their money.   They also spent $10 on beta.   Then, MrShoe comes along, gets rid of beta, and gives everybody chat.   Imagine if some new mod came in, and gave everybody unlimited blocks, but oh wait, you can't complain, you still get the bc doors and gates.   That's why we are mad.   We are being ignored, even as members who donated to the game, and we are being swept underneath the rug, simply because Beta wasn't MrShoe's idea.

Wooted by:

#1472 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Er... I think the reason the community is contradicting itself is because there is more than one view to the community. More than one view whether or not you are talking about before today or today.

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#1473 Before February 2015

Koto

SilverStar29 wrote:

Er... I think the reason the community is contradicting itself is because there is more than one view to the community. More than one view whether or not you are talking about before today or today.

Oh, I agree, but you gotta admit, that's a pretty accurate example I gave.

Wooted by:

#1474 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Great. Just about nothing to feel special about now. The only things I have left to FEEL special anymore are beta and zAJlQ.png (the latter one, only slightly.)

This is about as good as free flamethrowers being implemented into the game. Where the flamethrowers can kill. And can be used by non-gods as well as gods. Etc...

Also, I never remember anyone begging for public chat. This update is the worst, and I mean THE WORST, update that will EVER happen in the history of EE.

(And chances are, what I said in the last sentence of the last "paragraph" will be proven wrong. Just watch.)

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#1475 Before February 2015

woutie3000

maybe they could add a chat room in every world for "premium" chatters, the other one is for everybody, even guests

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer