Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1426 Before February 2015

tak4n

Re: Update Discussion

Do I get my 1 cent back?

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#1427 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Holy cow! Chat for everyone! Does anyone know what the 'My Home world' actually is, other than an editing tutorial?

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#1428 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I want my penny back!

Wooted by:

#1429 Before February 2015

Vasum01

The whole point of having to buy chat was to make sure that our younger-aged community was safe from 'intense' language that may come across once in a while when our older-aged community has conversations.

Anyways, 3 problems now. (Probably more, I can only name 3 off the top at the moment.)

- Parental Restrictions. People can now chat regardless if their parents want them to or not. I know that all of you, each and every one, know somebody (friend/relative) that have very strict parents and won't allow them to interact with people that they don't know. Parents of some people may not like the language that 13 year olds+ use. They might be wary about their immature child giving away personal information; who knows?

- Spam. We used to have it so that maybe 1 in 3 people have chat. Okay, I can live with that. Usually the chatbox at that time would have a maximum of 2 conversations going on at the same time so it was easy to read what your conversational partner was trying to tell you. Now we have upwards of literally 10 conversations at a time in some worlds, making the act of reading your friend's message next to impossible (with all the spam) unless you two constantly type each other's name in the message; which gets extremely annoying.

- Trollers/Impostors. (I do not mean 'trollers' as in the people who go into your free edit world and mess it up, hence why I also included 'impostors' in there.) I can't even count the number of times (before the update) that I've entered a popular world and there have been impostors of other plays such as: "QOH", "FLODDYFO5H", etc. And if you haven't noticed, they all look exactly like the real people in the list! You can only tell the difference if you look extremely closely in the list or you notice the fine difference in their names when they talk. (Or magic rank.) It used to be so that if you made an impostor account and actually bought chat for it, you're out $3 (very few 'troll' accounts were made when chat was $0.01) and I doubt anyone would pay multiple payments of $3 just to troll. Well now people can make as many accounts as they want as guess what? They'll still have chat and can still replicate other players.

My point: The update should be reversed.

@Any staff: If you're reading this, don't take this post as me saying 'Your update was stupid'. Think of it as 'It should be reconsidered for the above reasons'.

Last edited by Vasum01 (Apr 24 2013 5:44:27 am)

Wooted by:

#1430 Before February 2015

Lictor666

Cool, all noobs will ask us the code, to be friend, to help them...
I wait my $0.01 back too ;p

EDIT : Oh I found that :
2G8Ab.png

Last edited by Lictor666 (Apr 24 2013 5:47:52 am)

Wooted by:

#1431 Before February 2015

BJBL

Vasum01 wrote:

*WALL-OF-TEXT removed*

Agreed.

I was non-chat and hope to be non-chat again soon. I see chat as a distraction at best, and an annoyance as it is now. It's okay when its a few friends, but now...

At a minimum it should be off by default and make people click through a disclaimer to turn it on if they haven't paid for it. Perhaps they shoud add a second password for parental controls, but I imagine that would be too much work to implement.

Last edited by bjbl (Apr 24 2013 6:04:03 am)

Wooted by:

#1432 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Why are you guys even talking about why it should be removed, the admins don't care about your opinions, they have been asked to make a game that has suddenly made them rich men, they are going to suck this game dry for the next year or so. Then EE will die or get sold off to some other company where they will add guns and such.

But you can expect some parents to complain about this chatting nonsense, so fingers crossed.

Last edited by treejoe4 (Apr 24 2013 5:57:32 am)

Wooted by:

#1433 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Since I can't get on ee until tonight can someone explain to me, is there any difference to normal chat, is it black? Does it appear in the right chat bar?

Wooted by:

#1434 Before February 2015

treejoe4

it's the exact same except everyone has chat

Wooted by:

#1435 Before February 2015

SkyFalcon

I didn't pay 1 cent, but 3 whole dollars! I also bought it for my brother. I really want my 3 dollars back, at least they could pay back. And I totally agree with Vasum01, and the spam is terrible! I predict lots of bad things gona happen if everyone has chat.

Wooted by:

#1436 Before February 2015

Pikachitu

I don't think mrvoid/stupid shoe   will change this back, but I want to have my cent back, and a "chat emblem or something like that"

Last edited by Pikatchitu (Apr 24 2013 7:09:55 am)

Wooted by:

#1437 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Kinda seen this coming, not surprised in any factor at all. :rolleyes:

Wooted by:

#1438 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

SHOE/VOID
YOU ****ING IDIOT(S)
WHAT THE H***
ARE YOU THINKING?

This is the WORST update that I have EVER been around to see. I thought removing Beta/implementing BC was the worst update (at the time). THIS? ****ING H***, SHOE AND VOID. Of course, non-chats will feel awesome. When quickchat was implemented, I thought right away I could chat. I couldn't. Now?

I'm not saying that Chris/RPGM still isn't there, hopefully they aren't, and if they aren't, COME BACK CHRIS AND RPGM.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#1439 Before February 2015

Shadow

i want my cent back too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Wooted by:

#1440 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Hey guys imagine the backlash if it gets removed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#1441 Before February 2015

Calicara

I hope this is some sort of practical joke. This might be the worst thing that's ever happened to EE. Even I'm upset about this :/

Wooted by:

#1442 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

I like the smileys and the homeworlds, and I don't mind the chat for everyone at all. Don't forget that there is a report button for people that swear ect.

Not a bad update at all. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#1443 Before February 2015

Echo!

This community confuses me.

People moaned like crazy for chat to be release to the public, and not just the whingey noobs. Now it's here, we all have to complain.

Wooted by:

#1444 Before February 2015

woutie3000

i agree with gregregreg and with Vasum01
i dont care about my penny, just a little penny, but the chat room is going to be busier and busier

Wooted by:

#1445 Before February 2015

Koto

What the hell are is the point behind homeworlds?   It has signs, but you can't change them, its just a free world, with a strange size.   Also, chat for everybody?   What about everyone that bought it.   If your giving chat to everybody for free, you better ****ing give beta's signs.   I got chat and beta, now its like I never got either of them.

Wooted by:

#1446 Before February 2015

Raon

Echo! wrote:

People moaned like crazy for chat to be release to the public, and not just the whingey noobs. Now it's here, we all have to complain.

this.

No Comment forumify....No Comment....

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

Wooted by:

#1447 Before February 2015

I love the home world, and grew corn on mine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and the new smileys are ok i guess, but chat for everyone!? I want to _____ ____ ___ ______ ___ ___ ____ __ ___ ________, but I don't know if this is a sick joke of what. What about those who bought chat!?   They were rippped of as of now, including me.

Wooted by:

#1448 Before February 2015

AsurcH

Raon wrote:
Echo! wrote:

this.

No Comment forumify....No Comment....

I guess koto gave the answer to this actually. When community wanted everyone to have chat, they had beta. Now they removed them both, made chat public and created BC, people had nothing left to feel special, I won't even get surprised if the next update we will get bunny pumpkin or chick smiley for free. Chat was 3$ or what for some time I guess, it wasn't always 1 cent right? What would happen to people who has actually bought it with money?

I agree with koto, if they gave chat to everyone, they should give signs too. Since they feared children will be affected by bad language, you can do it both with them. Signs are a new kind of block to this game, therefore must be tested by beta. Also since they do their updates with smileys these days, I dont get why did they even give energy, signs and friends to BC. Only signs makes sense to the name of the club. If they would give everything to who pays this game, they should change the name to "Pay Here Get Stuff Club".

Also I wonder, if everyone got chat, why do we still have quickchat? Can guests use it or is this a "test" update done on us?

Wooted by:

#1449 Before February 2015

Maybe with the all chat, if you don't respect other or swear you'll get banned from chat. Then, those who use chat appropriately will keep it, and those who didnt could buy it then, for a second chance. If they lose it again, they will lose the option of any chat except friends and quick chat. The report command would help, and then all should be fairly happy. This idea could be crap if no one likes it pFhcd.png

Wooted by:

#1450 Before February 2015

Koto

What is this I hear about Home Worlds replacing an existing map of yours?   I still have all of mine.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer