Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1401 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: Update Discussion

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:
Saintcool wrote:

No, it says that beta members will stay beta, not they will get new features.

Then... what is it that Beta Club members have? I love my //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool smiley as much as the next guy, but I feel cutting off the main reason people got Beta is a bad decision.
To Failgirl, that's what I've been fearing about EE, that it'd become Freemium, one step away from P2P. I would've expected Transformice to go this way first, it's surprising EE beat them to it. (though I haven't checked out Transformice in a while; they may have done it during that time)

Well I don't actually know you in game, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if you have been playing this game since 2010 then you would know this was coming. This isn't the first time that Chris has made the game worse just so he could make a couple extra bucks.

Need I remind you of the big spender smiley, diamonds, and the classic tab? This was bound to happen sometime.

Wooted by:

#1402 Before February 2015

Koto

Still, though, Failgirl, it's better to try and convince him to give signs to betas, whats the worst that can happen?   We still have everything we have right now?   Whats the best that could happen?     Betas could get signs.

May seem unlikely, but that is never a reason to not try.   I, for one, would love to be able to own signs as a beta.

Wooted by:

#1403 Before February 2015

Saintcool

eeplayer17 wrote:

There's no other way to read this except "Beta members are granted access to test out new features. Now Builders Club members will also be given that access, just like the beta members.

And since he clearly says that beta still exists, and one of the things that defined beta was early access to new features, then logically beta members should still have access to new features, or else it's not really correct to say that "beta still exists".

Past tense.

Wooted by:

#1404 Before February 2015

TopicStarter

Since most people want to avoid spammers using signs with fake accounts, just make it so you have to be level 8+ or something that way if they do, it will be more work and not be available right away. This would make it be more of a loss if you got all that magic with the fake account got banned and have to start over.

Seems perfect, although this normally applies to smiles and potions, not action blocks, but still.

Wooted by:

#1405 Before February 2015

Koto

That's not the problem, the problem is that there are people who will put swears into the signs.   Just being a certain level won't help, because there are bound to be liitle kids who will just go crazy once they get them.   Only giving them to people who have paid money to the game is a much safer solution.   The problem is, people who paid for beta feel ignored by not receiving them.

Wooted by:

#1406 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Lots of people generally wrote:

Builders Club is too expensive and gets too much, for non-Builders it's unfair.

Everybody Edits is a business. I don't get it, you think this is making the game worse. If it had no way to temp players to give them money, it would die. Don't complain, and this is what must happen, otherwise Everybody Edits may not exist anymore.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#1407 Before February 2015

TopicStarter

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

That's not the problem, the problem is that there are people who will put swears into the signs.   Just being a certain level won't help, because there are bound to be liitle kids who will just go crazy once they get them.   Only giving them to people who have paid money to the game is a much safer solution.   The problem is, people who paid for beta feel ignored by not receiving them.

Well, first off, I meant spam/swears, but that's not important.   So say you need to be level 12 to buy signs, which takes I don't remember how long, at least four weeks?   Then if they get caught, that user would be banned and all that work wasted.   It would then make getting caught much worse due to how you got your user to level 12 and makes you more invested in not loseing the account. So while I don't care if you have to pay, what you said doesn't convince me this wouldn't work. (Work at least enough to give signs to vets that care)

Wooted by:

#1408 Before February 2015

Dark5tar32

Terence22205 wrote:

You non-BCers are so silly sometimes. ^___^

JUST BUY IT OR BE QUIET. :3

What the hall do you mean be quiet? This may be a suprise to you but not everyone is as fourchinate as arrogant idiots like you! Having Builders Club doesnt mean a damn thing more than someone who doesn't. The problem isn't whether or not to buy it. the problem is the fact that nobody ,especially the old beta members, are willing to pay yet ANOTHER TEN DOLLARS for something that isnt even worth it enough! The LEAST MrShoe could've done is give free builders club to the OLD players, not RESET THE WHOLE DAMN THING JUST TO MAKE SOME MORE MONEY! Yeah sure, it makes the gameplay better, but THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU PUT EVERY BEST PART OF EE IN IT! It leaves everyone else out of it! and it's fustrating! I bet if MrShoe never got this much control over EE that we wouldn't even BE in this situation! This is supposed to be a CHILDREN"S GAME. And Barely any kids have that kind of money to pay for that! Adn you find that to be amusing? We're not gonna take this as lightly as the BUiler's club people are. And we WON'T until something's done about it!

Yeah, this is to get people to pay for EE so that it can keep running, but if you're that desperate, why don't you but you OWN money into it!

Wooted by:

#1409 Before February 2015

Koto

TopicStarter wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Well, first off, I meant spam/swears, but that's not important.   So say you need to be level 12 to buy signs, which takes I don't remember how long, at least four weeks?   Then if they get caught, that user would be banned and all that work wasted.   It would then make getting caught much worse due to how you got your user to level 12 and makes you more invested in not loseing the account. So while I don't care if you have to pay, what you said doesn't convince me this wouldn't work. (Work at least enough to give signs to vets that care)

Yes, but you are forgetting, parents that want to get their child chat, because of the chance that someone will be swearing, well, they will see swears in signs, even if they're parents didn't want them to be exposed to that.   With this, all the betas that decide to do something like that, will mostly be weeded out within the first month.   With level 12's... do you even know how many level 12's there are?   Well, there are more everyday.   It becomes much harder to monitor.   It would just be much safer to do it with betas.

Wooted by:

#1410 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
TopicStarter wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Yes, but you are forgetting, parents that want to get their child chat, because of the chance that someone will be swearing, well, they will see swears in signs, even if they're parents didn't want them to be exposed to that.   With this, all the betas that decide to do something like that, will mostly be weeded out within the first month.   With level 12's... do you even know how many level 12's there are?   Well, there are more everyday.   It becomes much harder to monitor.   It would just be much safer to do it with betas.

What's this with level 12's, I'm level 10 and I can use signs, all BC can; more people more moderation, but I have not yet seen one example of bad use of signs.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#1411 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Squad wrote:

What's this with level 12's, I'm level 10 and I can use signs, all BC can; more people more moderation, but I have not yet seen one example of bad use of signs.

Well, you'll have to wait until you see what iPwner has-- Oops, I accidentally spilled the beans of iPwner's evil plans.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#1412 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Failgirl101 wrote:
Lin Keui Swampert wrote:
Saintcool wrote:

No, it says that beta members will stay beta, not they will get new features.

Then... what is it that Beta Club members have? I love my //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool smiley as much as the next guy, but I feel cutting off the main reason people got Beta is a bad decision.
To Failgirl, that's what I've been fearing about EE, that it'd become Freemium, one step away from P2P. I would've expected Transformice to go this way first, it's surprising EE beat them to it. (though I haven't checked out Transformice in a while; they may have done it during that time)

Well I don't actually know you in game, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if you have been playing this game since 2010 then you would know this was coming. This isn't the first time that Chris has made the game worse just so he could make a couple extra bucks.

Need I remind you of the big spender smiley, diamonds, and the classic tab? This was bound to happen sometime.

Honestly, I didn't see such a thing.

Benjaminsen only put the Big Spender smiley in as a joke and didn't expect anybody to buy it. Those two items were intentionally priced outrageously high, and it wasn't expected for people to buy them, it was just a joke.

This is a legitimate, serious feature, and shouldn't be forced money.
Plus, the Classic tab was a good idea for people who missed out on old items, I don't think we'd get another shot at them otherwise.

Wooted by:

#1413 Before February 2015

Koto

It wasn't a joke.   It was a gift for donating to the game.

Wooted by:

#1414 Before February 2015

Calicara

Is it just me or are the graphics slowly increasing in quality? Well the smilies still suck, but the blocks are pretty awesome. Seems that EE is pulling through a dark age and into a new era of light.

Wooted by:

#1415 Before February 2015

Raon

I have to admit with failgirl on this one, the latest graphics are becoming better and better.

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

Wooted by:

#1416 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

They look alright. The graphics. I agree, though looking better.
Same with the smileys. Just need new ideas for them. (Like something way unrelated, like a new magic smiley...idk.)

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#1417 Before February 2015

krubby

I like how in the update image, the scenes described as "Tranquility" as it shows a reference to one of the most brutal books ever written.

Wooted by:

#1418 Before February 2015

TheYeti

The graphics are really great, but the themes aren't really themes anymore. Only one pack and 2 smilies......... ... ..

Wooted by:

#1419 Before February 2015

Koto

I think they should do a theme of non-block updates.   Like, a bunch of potions, some smilies, some bug fixes, and maybe a new physics world.

Wooted by:

#1420 Before February 2015

Master1

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I think they should do a theme of non-block updates.   Like, a bunch of potions, some smilies, some bug fixes, and maybe a new physics world.

I prefer more action blocks, like blue coindoors/gates, and more key colors

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#1421 Before February 2015

Koto

I do want more action blocks, I just think that they should spend time making the game run better.   I also do like special worlds, like the low gravity one.

Wooted by:

#1422 Before February 2015

Pikachitu

Too many smiley-only updates...

New pots wouldn't be bad

Wooted by:

#1423 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Chat for everyone?!

Why has this not been discussed yet?

Last edited by SilverStar29 (Apr 24 2013 5:14:36 am)

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#1424 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Not gonna complain about this update.

Wooted by:

#1425 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Yay! Chat for everyone. Great update. Void also said to me that he would implement a /mute command in the future. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer