Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1226 Before February 2015

Sxerks
Website

Re: Update Discussion

Bruce the Zombie Slayer ....... can't slay zombies.   talk about false advertising............

Wooted by:

#1227 Before February 2015

hisss

and on the blog MrShoe claims it has awesome power and that's why it requires level 11 to "wield".

Wooted by:

#1228 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Are you implying that the snorkel smiley should swim faster? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Are you implying that the astronaut smiley should jump higher? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Are you implying that the propeller smiley should fly? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Are you implying that the ghost smiley should go through walls? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Are you implying that the fire demon smiley should be immune to fire? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Are you implying that the...

Wooted by:

#1229 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Sir, think about it.
"Zombie Slayer" most clearly portrays an occupation. One who slays zombies.
Imo, your list has nothing to do with occupations.
And, none on your list (Except for Fire Demon) are restricted to a high level.
Fire Demon, even then, doesn't paint a clear picture as to what it should do.

Zombie Slayer does.

Wooted by:

#1230 Before February 2015

Echo!

hummerz5 wrote:

Sir, think about it.
Imo, your list has nothing to do with occupations.

NASA?

Wooted by:

#1231 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Terence22205 wrote:

Are you implying that the snorkel smiley should swim faster? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Having a snorkel doesn't allow you to swim faster in real life, I have had the experience of swimming with and without a snorkel and have not noticed any significant changes in my speed.

Terence22205 wrote:

Are you implying that the astronaut smiley should jump higher? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Again wearing a space suit doesn't give you special ability's, it's the decreased gravity that makes one jump higher. Unlike the snorkel I have not had this experience but I have noticed from video clips of people wearing space suits that their jumping power has not increased by wearing a suit.

Terence22205 wrote:

Are you implying that the propeller smiley should fly? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

An average human weighs around 3-5 Kg, and I seriously doubt that a hat could posses the pulling power for that, I mean, it doesn't even have a battery or anything, just the wind power. On top of this there is no evidence to prove that the Propeller is tilted meaning if it wasn't it wouldn't be able to get the lift from the wind to get it off the ground.

Terence22205 wrote:

Are you implying that the ghost smiley should go through walls? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Seeing as there is no solid evidence that ghosts exist that would mean there is also no evidence that ghosts can go through walls.

Terence22205 wrote:

Are you implying that the fire demon smiley should be immune to fire? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

As well, seeing as ee's smileys have no animation, there is no evidence to show that the fire demon embraces the fire and is just a normal demon on fire, this would show that he is suffering immensely and more fire would only add to his pain.

Terence22205 wrote:

Nothing has been stated here, please finish your sentences for it has not been proven that humans possess the power of mind reading. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#1232 Before February 2015

TheYeti

Don't know if this is the right thread to post, but I discussed this with Tjalf, and what about a snow/ice theme.

There could be the following updates:

1. Snow pack:
- snow block (block)
- snow deco (deco)
- falling snow (deco)

2. Ice pack:
- Ice blocks (block)
- Breaking ice blocks when you jump on it or when too many people are on it (action)
- Ice action, that makes you slide on ice and it's less easy to steer (action)
- Icicle (deco or action (hazard))
- Iceberg

3. Cold water
- Cold water in which you die and respawn if you swim in it for too long (action)

Smileys:
- Inuit
- Penguin

Potions:
- Ice-skating (makes u able to steer on ice)
- Antifrost (makes u stay alive in cold water)

I hope you like this idea, and when enough people like it, there might be a chance it will come. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#1233 Before February 2015

Koto

^ That should be in game suggestions.... but your idea of Cold Water does sound cool.

Wooted by:

#1234 Before February 2015

hisss

Terence22205 wrote:

No I'm implying a zombie slayer should slay zombies like the ninja is a sneaky guy on the minimap. Plus we do need a way to balance zombies. Those poor 25x25 worlds.

Wooted by:

#1235 Before February 2015

Echo!

MrShoe wrote:

By popular demand, the ?b? message now carries the id of the player placing the block. Lots of potential usages for the bot engineers out there. We look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Can someonwe tell echonoob over of here, what this means?

Wooted by:

#1236 Before February 2015

Master1

hisss wrote:

No I'm implying a zombie slayer should slay zombies like the ninja is a sneaky guy on the minimap. Plus we do need a way to balance zombies. Those poor 25x25 worlds.

I honestly don't think any of the smileys should have special abilities...

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#1237 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Echo! wrote:
MrShoe wrote:

By popular demand, the ?b? message now carries the id of the player placing the block. Lots of potential usages for the bot engineers out there. We look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Can someonwe tell echonoob over of here, what this means?

Whenever someone places a block, it sends the "message" of the user who sent it. Useful for programmers because now we can see who places blocks and trolls and such.

I'm pretty excited about this one.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#1238 Before February 2015

Ben

Don't imply stuff... The Bruce was advertised as it could slay zombies, but apparently he can't.
There is no evidence to show that zombies exist though, therefore who can slay them ?

However, it would be cool if Bruce did something, I'm disappointed as well.

Wooted by:

#1239 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Thank goodness the zombie gates don't look that bad.

That should be an automatic zombie filter.

Wooted by:

#1240 Before February 2015

Ben

What if you don't wanna use the potion commands ? What if you WANT zombies in your world ?
In that case, the zombie doors and gates are completely useless..
One could go through them and use the potion once inside that area.

Wooted by:

#1241 Before February 2015

Flobalob

Not to bring up an old topic and cause a few arguments, but I still want to be able to use all my smileys.

Currently, I can't do that because all my goddamn smileys are locked. Honestly, it's really starting to *Le Beep* me off that because I have a job, a life, lag, a bed, a TV, a console, the rest of the internet, a university and a dissertation (Also called "Not enough time to play an amateur flash game every hour of every day") I can't use smileys that I spent roughly two and a half years buying.

If I'm building a world with someone and they make a joke, I want to be able to 'Lol' with my smileys, not just my chat.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I got a response with a reason why not (other than "Because we're money-hungry thoughtless people.") from the developers. Or if Chris actually maintained his games. Or if I saw some improvements happening in the updates (Which by the way I don't). Or if there were actually any active admins on the forum that would LISTEN TO THEIR GODDAMN COMMUNITY'S THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS instead of just saying "Eh, screw the customer-base."

I'm starting to think the moderators should tell the developers what to do, and they do it. They know what we want.

Last edited by Flobalob (Feb 26 2013 4:53:16 pm)

Wooted by:

#1242 Before February 2015

linkz0rs

^ I agree with you 100% on everything you said.

Wooted by:

#1243 Before February 2015

Koto

Most expression smilies are level 1, including the lol smilie.   I actually really do not mind smilies being locked, until you reach a certain level.   Although, you could call me biased, because I was already at level 12, when it happened, and I always use my contest smilie.

Wooted by:

#1244 Before February 2015

crastopher

Hah, someone just put the forum mods in a tough spot.

Anyways, get in line. Every single update, there's an arousal, raging, threats of quitting, etc. Then it just dies down the next week when Shoe releases a potion. I have had an alt account for a long time now. I can't really do anything with him now though, due to:
A. Smiley locks
B. No magic (I was going to get it some magic before I quit for awhile, but never got to it)

Wooted by:

#1245 Before February 2015

capasha

I must agree that the smiley lock is the worst update ever. Not that I care which smiley I wear. But still people that have bought a smiley should be able to use it even if they don't have lvl 11 as example. MrShoe should really get rid of the lock of smileys that people already have. Or atleast get rid of it totally.

Wooted by:

#1246 Before February 2015

Bimps

world portals, interesting!

Wooted by:

#1247 Before February 2015

There's also a "Featured" option in the world listing on the lobby.

Wooted by:

#1248 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Wooted by:

#1249 Before February 2015

Arceus64

World portals?!? Why can't I be home until 9 hours?!

Wooted by:

#1250 Before February 2015

TheYeti

WOW, these new update is the most awesome one yet. I love it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Thanks forever, MrShoe!

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer