Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

smileyex

Tips on creating a consistent and dedicated crew.

So I realized that there is a surge in popularity of making crews all of a sudden. EX crew was the first crew to work to create maps with collaborative effort together, but do you ever wonder how a crew worked so well together to create such great maps of skill and art combined to the next level?

The key isn't fancy programs. Keep in mind, there were a lot of good maps made by EX Crew members in the past without those fancy programs. For example, the first Tower of Babel and Mount of Vesuvius, great maps, better standards than typical mini-games and almost as good as enhanced with programs maps. What I'm saying, with dedication, you too can make great maps just like EX Crew.

1. Have dedicated members that you respect and have worked/played with in the past.
It's no use going around randomly 'recruiting' randoms. You have never ever worked with them, you would never ever respect them. I was reading the l337 crew post, people arguing about the leader not remembering the members. Otherwise you will have a crew consisting of trolls that are prone to ruining your map.

EDIT: It's not good posting open invitations to your groups. Any loser can join and ruin your maps. If you are looking for members, you should start seeking group members with qualities you are looking for.

2. Dedication and consistency is the key.
Stay stuck you your plans and put your best effort into it. EX Crew has planned their maps carefully and made sure that they were able to finish quality maps. You have to have fun making maps to make good maps, so spend your time.

3. Practice makes perfect.
Everyone starts from the bottom, be persistent over time and you will be rewarded in the future, otherwise you are just rushing things too fast. Practicing over time will perfect your map making skills.

4. Popularity is not an issue.
Your main goal is to make maps, not to get as many players and be on top. These games are becoming too generic. Put out your best out there, not the easiest maps for noobs. You realize that EX Crew maps weren't intended for the mainstream noob players, but they were just put out for fun but somehow got popular. Everyone seems to be making crews to emulate the popularity of EX Crew, but keep in mind, their ways never intended popularity.

5. Make new challenges and rooms. Originality is the key
Hook jumps? Block to block leap frog jumps? Can you be more original? Experiment a bit with some blocks, and create your challenges. It takes time, but people love to take on new challenges. Originality will make you stand out of the crowd.

6. Respect and take good leadership in your crew members.
MFL, a fantastic leader for EX Crew has given much love to his loyal members. Members that are happy to work with you will happily collaborate to your map. You may have a close connection with your crew members and be great friends. This will lead you to a much more mutual collaboration, much better and you can all work greatly in unison.

Please, don't let the "CREW" moniker be over rated just like "MINIGAMES" and   "BOSSES" Crews are meant to be working together to put out great maps.

Also remember, It's all about making a reputation, never ever a short term popularity.
Check out http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=281 on tips on how to make a great map.

Thanks and I hope your crew will have luck and exceed EX Crew standards one day.

Last edited by smileyex (Aug 20 2010 11:16:28 pm)

Wooted by: (2)

#2 Before February 2015

Google

Re: Tips on creating a consistent and dedicated crew.

Yes.
Yes.
AND YES.
I honestly think a mod should sticky this so everyone sees it.

#3 Before February 2015

Sykodeus

The reason why I never joined any crew. Most of them are fake, EX was the only good collab group.

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Hmm, this is very good advice that everyone should follow.

Stickied.

#5 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Yea. Since Ex Crew left there is a wholeee lot more crews. Hopefully this helps most people.

#6 Before February 2015

Zap

I'm flattered that L337 gets the shout out for what NOT to do.

*lol*

Last edited by Zap (Aug 21 2010 4:38:07 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I don't intend on joining any crew, but this is a very good idea smileyex, thank you for your contribution.

#8 Before February 2015

DBF

Awesome guide, can I have your permission to post it on the website in my signature?

#9 Before February 2015

kikisnail

me and my friends are growing to be a crew with some other friends and we have no leaders

#10 Before February 2015

Advancé

... i joined a crew, a random crew with only me and the leader. We worked for a couple of days and I decided that i don't work well with him and we didn't get much done so i decided that I would make my crew. That didn't do anything so im crewless and not looking for 1 right now.

#11 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Advancé wrote:

... i joined a crew, a random crew with only me and the leader. We worked for a couple of days and I decided that i don't work well with him and we didn't get much done so i decided that I would make my crew. That didn't do anything so im crewless and not looking for 1 right now.

Show me what you got!

#12 Before February 2015

Zeal

Several people go out of this world to recruit some one which is kinda of dumb.
Any moron could have talents of a program but tch, Any pro retard could get recruited and destroy hours,Possibly days of working on a custom map so if you get a chance to recruit someone don't even try to recruit them until you can absolutely trust them.

#13 Before February 2015

luker2009

making Original challenges makes other people copy them trust me i found this out on 2 challenges I made(but they're not used often but still used) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

MIHB

luker2009 wrote:

making Original challenges makes other people copy them trust me i found this out on 2 challenges I made(but they're not used often but still used) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Isn't that a good thing?   I always feel good when I see tricks EX invented spread to other maps.   More variety is always better.

#15 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

This is a great tutorial.

#16 Before February 2015

ExtremeFunnyFun

Great advice

#17 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

wow lol this is good stuff lolz! Advance you sound like your talking about a girlfriend

Anyways: I agree completely!!!

#18 Before February 2015

RyanScathe

PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

wow lol this is good stuff lolz! Advance you sound like your talking about a girlfriend

Anyways: I agree completely!!!

doesn't everybody?

#19 Before February 2015

EEVeteran

Sorry for the bump but do you have to have permission to make a crew or can you just make one out of the blue? Because mariofan101 and I are making a crew called MF crew, and he doesn't go on these forums but he plans to and I want to know if he can do that. If this goes well, then contact us at tinychat.com/mf101

#20 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

SuperMarioMan639 wrote:

Sorry for the bump but do you have to have permission to make a crew or can you just make one out of the blue? Because mariofan101 and I are making a crew called MF crew, and he doesn't go on these forums but he plans to and I want to know if he can do that. If this goes well, then contact us at tinychat.com/mf101

Yup.

#21 Before February 2015

Chucky

resume plz??

#22 Before February 2015

ellisley

i do not like crews, i work alone, cuz only i know exactly wot i want, ive been playing ee since the days when it was just 25 rooms that could be edited by anyone. if i was asked to join a crew i would try it, but alot of people dont like to give the code at the end of the level, which i do.

#23 Before February 2015

NikK

ellisley wrote:

i do not like crews, i work alone, cuz only i know exactly wot i want, ive been playing ee since the days when it was just 25 rooms that could be edited by anyone. if i was asked to join a crew i would try it, but alot of people dont like to give the code at the end of the level, which i do.

Well:
You give out code > People troll > You get angry > You make another level > Give out code > People troll > You get angry > You leave EE > 1 less player > This happens a lot > A lot less players > No EE.

I don't think any of us would like that to happen.

#24 Before February 2015

222hockey222

I made my crew: the IF Crew about a month ago and i usually always giv the code out. I've never had 1 troll before! =0 But iI have 2 massive worlds now(saved) so i don't think i'll give the code out anymore.

Great advice too!

#25 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

It doesn't surprise me to see all of these "XX Crew Recruiting" levels these days. What I usually do is find a crew who has a similar skill level as me. Sometimes I help crews which aren't that great and teach them basic level design and functionality. Sometimes I also find it fun to help a random person improve their level in terms of challenges and stylization. There's many ways people can help each other on Everybody Edits. Crews are supposed to work together, not argue over things with no critical thinking involved (been there, done that).

Last edited by Sabrillian (Feb 9 2011 6:27:45 am)

daneeko1425226454478167

Board footer