Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

emanresu

Microtransactions? $50 for a single smiley?

You have GOT to be crap me. The beta costs $10 and you're charging 500 "gems" (which you conveniently can't buy in that amount, so you have to pay for 650 gems) which equates to $50 for it.   Meanwhile, there's people who are unable to join any worlds. Nice priorities there. This was a fun little flash game to waste time with, and I had no problem paying $10 for Beta in return for access to future features, but charging $50 for something that took 15 minutes to draw in paint is absolutely greedy and ridiculous. If that's the direction this game is headed, I'm done with it.

Last edited by emanresu (Dec 9 2010 9:32:35 am)

#2 Before February 2015

emanresu

Re: Microtransactions? $50 for a single smiley?

You have poor reading comprehension. I already have beta and if you'd read my post you would've seen that I was happy to pay for it.

This is what I was referring to. This is on the shop screen, which you may not have noticed.
2zyev78.png
You'll see that one single smiley will set you back $50.
j6lc7r.png
Defend THAT.

Last edited by emanresu (Dec 9 2010 9:45:16 am)

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

emanresu wrote:

You have poor reading comprehension. I already have beta and if you'd read my post you would've seen that I was happy to pay for it.

This is what I was referring to. This is on the shop screen, which you may not have noticed.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2zyev78.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/j6lc7r.png
Defend THAT.

ummmm kay.... Use energy "****"

#4 Before February 2015

emanresu

And you have poor eyesight. You'll notice there's no energy bar for that smiley. The only way to get it is to pay for it.

IMO the whole thing smacks of trying to take advantage of young kids who don't understand the worth of a dollar and getting them to beg and pester their parents to buy it for them. No working adult who understands the value of money would spend $50   on this.

#5 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

actually if you want to do math, you could buy it for 45 dollars, but as you said it does not add to game play value if you don't want to spend 45 dollars you don't have to. This is something you don't buy to have, it is something that you are given for donating and supporting the game.

#6 Before February 2015

Google

emanresu wrote:

And you have poor eyesight. You'll notice there's no energy bar for that smiley. The only way to get it is to pay for it.

IMO the whole thing smacks of trying to take advantage of young kids who don't understand the worth of a dollar and getting them to beg and pester their parents to buy it for them. No working adult who understands the value of money would spend $50   on this.

It is just a gift for anyone who wants to donate a large amount, being so they game can't run on nothing.
Though i think for the price of it all Chris should offer something extra like an Admin god glow and Chris could change his glow to something else.

#7 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

emanresu wrote:

You have GOT to be crap me. The beta costs $10 and you're charging 500 "gems" (which you conveniently can't buy in that amount, so you have to pay for 650 gems) which equates to $50 for it.   Meanwhile, there's people who are unable to join any worlds. Nice priorities there. This was a fun little flash game to waste time with, and I had no problem paying $10 for Beta in return for access to future features, but charging $50 for something that took 15 minutes to draw in paint is absolutely greedy and ridiculous. If that's the direction this game is headed, I'm done with it.

Upon further addition (in the mathematical sense of the word) if you were to get every smile on the game that is being offered to purchase it would cost 650 gems, so in reality you are spending 50$ on a total of 4 additional smilies.

#8 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I didnt notice a 4th smiley had been added.

#9 Before February 2015

Zeal

Google wrote:
emanresu wrote:

It is just a gift for anyone who wants to donate a large amount, being so they game can't run on nothing.
Though i think for the price of it all Chris should offer something extra like an Admin god glow and Chris could change his glow to something else.

Advertisements and hosting..

#10 Before February 2015

Alex

Why do you want the smiley anyway?

As I've said it, the big spender smiley seems like it's mostly a joke.

I was in a room with chris in it right after that smiley was added(really, i got the EE has updated! Refresh browser!! crap), and he was like 'haha added a new smiley', calm down.

I do think everyone who donated before beta/the smilies existed should get that smiley for free tho, it just makes sense to me.

As I've mentioned, similar games with similar audiences as EE have way more micropayments in the game.

#11 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

'The big spender' Name implies everything.

What's the point of having the smiley to show you are one of 'the big spender's if you didn't spend big?

Why are there so many greedy people who doesn't understand how tough it is to run a game.

Plus, Chris needs a turkey on his table by the 25th, otherwise he'd give up on EE.

#12 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

It's good that you're donating, but we should at least get more than a smiley

#13 Before February 2015

RyanScathe

Shy Guy wrote:

none of you get the point.   the point is, you give money of your own accord to support chris, and as a thank you you get a smiley to prove it.   nobody pays $50 for a smiley: that's not the point.   the point is to donate to EE.   if you dont want it, dont buy it.   that's all.

and as for priorities, this probably took him about 5 minutes.   zip it complainer.

#14 Before February 2015

musuki

You don't have to buy it...

#15 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

RyanScathe wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:

none of you get the point.   the point is, you give money of your own accord to support chris, and as a thank you you get a smiley to prove it.   nobody pays $50 for a smiley: that's not the point.   the point is to donate to EE.   if you dont want it, dont buy it.   that's all.

and as for priorities, this probably took him about 5 minutes.   zip it complainer.

This, pretty much.

#16 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

"If you don't want it don't buy it"

What about if you want it but obviously CAN'T buy it?
Should I sit in front of the computer and do the offers and surveys for 20 years?

#17 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

Well I obviously can't buy the car I want... does that mean they should drop the price for me?

#18 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

What should I do if I'm not able to support everybody edits but really really really want to?

#19 Before February 2015

Rhythm

If you really do, then get the gems.

#20 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

Rhythm wrote:

But I don't have a handy nor am I the right age for the others where you get lot of gems.

It would take me up to 3 years then I'm eighteen with about 100 gems or something like.
And then at least 10 more years for the rest of the gems or something like

#21 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

D-rock2308 wrote:
emanresu wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zyev78.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/j6lc7r.png
Defend THAT.

ummmm kay.... Use energy "****"

You pay no attention. you cannot use energy for the big spender!
Besides, I spoke to chris the other day, he said it was a joke (I'm still gonna get it anyway!)

#22 Before February 2015

Alex

YoshisIsland wrote:
Rhythm wrote:

But I don't have a handy nor am I the right age for the others where you get lot of gems.

It would take me up to 3 years then I'm eighteen with about 100 gems or something like.
And then at least 10 more years for the rest of the gems or something like

I never used gems before ~4 days ago And I've used 124 gems. So it'd take approx 16 days, with an obvious margin of error. Mind you, I didn't spend the whole day doing surveys(i took maybe 4 surveys), and one of those days I wasn't even online.

Really, chris has sad the big spender is a joke, because it is.

#23 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Does everyone realize that buying 650 gems is a TOTAL rip-off? If you calculate it, buy the one above it 3 times to get more gems for less. They just tell you it's good so you spend extra money on less merchandise which frankly, isn't worth a dollar.

#24 Before February 2015

Raiden

PhillipAC wrote:

actually if you want to do math, you could buy it for 45 dollars, but as you said it does not add to game play value if you don't want to spend 45 dollars you don't have to. This is something you don't buy to have, it is something that you are given for donating and supporting the game.

Actually, it's possible to buy it for $43, just thought I'd say so.

#25 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I got the big spender!

emanresu 1423856675104757

Board footer