Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Conary

*EXPLICT PICTURE OF MINIMAP MATURE* Result of taking away the chat

I went on a free for all world and this is what I found as the mini map
http://tinypic.com/r/iqwu2h/7

You seem to have made it worse, with the update. Now people are doing it ON Purpose!

#2 Before February 2015

Slushie

Re: *EXPLICT PICTURE OF MINIMAP MATURE* Result of taking away the chat

I was in that world :/
I'm glad those people aren't allowed to talk.

ok

#3 Before February 2015

Conary

If they were able to talk, they would not be complaining

#4 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

false, if they could talk they would'nt need that level would they?

#5 Before February 2015

Conary

kaosslasher wrote:

false, if they could talk they would'nt need that level would they?

Are you talking to me? because that is what I had said if you were :s

#6 Before February 2015

Watashii

I8Qy6.png

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#7 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

OK PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN!!! jeez
he was just watching out for the little kids playing EE... granted i don't LIKE it but..... watever //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#8 Before February 2015

Nou

Lol angry kids.

Last edited by Nou (Dec 14 2010 4:37:55 pm)

No u.

#9 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

actually looks just like how Everybody Edits used to be...

#10 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

i know right!?

#11 Before February 2015

Peber

Conary wrote:

I went on a free for all world and this is what I found as the mini map
http://tinypic.com/r/iqwu2h/7

You seem to have made it worse, with the update. Now people are doing it ON Purpose!

That's horrible.:(

#12 Before February 2015

ani

PhillipAC wrote:

actually looks just like how Everybody Edits used to be...

Actually, it looks like the map is a improvement compared to the old Everybody Edits..

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#13 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

i was in there, but i left when i saw the swastika - that symbol should never be copied, ever, anywhere.

anyways, Chris has a fundamental flaw in his system.   The solution to foul language in chats is not limiting the audience, its muting the bad people, i.e. gettign a better chat filter.   for example, the filterer should ignore spaces when searching for letter strings, so that "B A D W O R D" won't get through.   also, the use of three blanked out expletives in one minute should result in a kick.

#14 Before February 2015

Nou

AmoebaLord wrote:

i was in there, but i left when i saw the swastika - that symbol should never be copied, ever, anywhere.

Maybe they were Hindu and trying to express their religion!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

No u.

#15 Before February 2015

Alex

AmoebaLord wrote:

I hate to veer this thread slightly off topic, but;

Many juveniles and adults alike tend to believe that because an image is offensive, it should be disallowed because of its aforementioned offensive rancor, this is a common philosophical fallacy, and it insults me greatly. Regardless of what a name, word, or symbol means, the freedom to speak as I please is my natural right, and circa Locke-ian philosophy(which predates the united states of america), my natural rights must be protected; would it not be hypocritical to say that, because some symbol, name, word, or idea offends me that none shall be allowed to display it?
I offer you a deal; no one shall ever create the image of a swastika, German or Hindu, as long as you no longer do anything someone else finds offensive: this includes any word in the English language, because there are purists to another language; this includes any other languages you may know, because there are bigoted Americans. This includes any image you may create because one art purist or another may dislike it; this includes any food you may prepare, because with the vast variety of pallets that exist, someone will find it to taste bad; this includes any gesture you make, as the blind will not be able to see it; this includes any use of technology, because there are people with out who are jealous; and, finally, this includes anything else you make, because, something, somewhere will be offended by it.
Do you take my offer? I hope not(you, effectively, won't be able to respond to tell me you have...), because that's the idea. The idea you are suffering from is mass selective bias, which basically means that an absurd idea becomes more acceptable the more people support it; this same line of thought is why homosexuals can't marry in most of the world, and why the Holocaust happened(well, that was, perhaps, also caused by an insane dictator and humongous debt, but this idea is what made it actually happen).
To close my argument, I shall mention that my mother's mother's mother's mother was among the many Jews forced out of Russia in the late 1800s, to sum up: by blood, I am a Jew(though I am not a practicing by any means) , and should take as much offence to it as any other person(perhaps less than someone who lost a loved one during these events, but most of those have since passed). What I am trying to say is, natural law outlaws all else, I do not agree with anyone who uses the swastika, or believes the meaning it associates(with, perhaps, the exception of the Hindi.), and am borderline repulsed by their bigoted, fascist world views.
I'm sorry to reply with such an -aggressive- post, your post just revoked a rather large response from me.
-Alex

#16 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

alex wrote:
AmoebaLord wrote:

I hate to veer this thread slightly off topic, but;

Many juveniles and adults alike tend to believe that because an image is offensive, it should be disallowed because of its aforementioned offensive rancor, this is a common philosophical fallacy, and it insults me greatly. Regardless of what a name, word, or symbol means, the freedom to speak as I please is my natural right, and circa Locke-ian philosophy(which predates the united states of america), my natural rights must be protected; would it not be hypocritical to say that, because some symbol, name, word, or idea offends me that none shall be allowed to display it?
I offer you a deal; no one shall ever create the image of a swastika, German or Hindu, as long as you no longer do anything someone else finds offensive: this includes any word in the English language, because there are purists to another language; this includes any other languages you may know, because there are bigoted Americans. This includes any image you may create because one art purist or another may dislike it; this includes any food you may prepare, because with the vast variety of pallets that exist, someone will find it to taste bad; this includes any gesture you make, as the blind will not be able to see it; this includes any use of technology, because there are people with out who are jealous; and, finally, this includes anything else you make, because, something, somewhere will be offended by it.
Do you take my offer? I hope not(you, effectively, won't be able to respond to tell me you have...), because that's the idea. The idea you are suffering from is mass selective bias, which basically means that an absurd idea becomes more acceptable the more people support it; this same line of thought is why homosexuals can't marry in most of the world, and why the Holocaust happened(well, that was, perhaps, also caused by an insane dictator and humongous debt, but this idea is what made it actually happen).
To close my argument, I shall mention that my mother's mother's mother's mother was among the many Jews forced out of Russia in the late 1800s, to sum up: by blood, I am a Jew(though I am not a practicing by any means) , and should take as much offence to it as any other person(perhaps less than someone who lost a loved one during these events, but most of those have since passed). What I am trying to say is, natural law outlaws all else, I do not agree with anyone who uses the swastika, or believes the meaning it associates(with, perhaps, the exception of the Hindi.), and am borderline repulsed by their bigoted, fascist world views.
I'm sorry to reply with such an -aggressive- post, your post just revoked a rather large response from me.
-Alex

I hate to disagree. Saying that the swastika is like food or simple words is kind of ignoring the fact that MILLONS OF PEOPLE were MASSECRED under that symbol! The symbol was a banner for the Germans to rally under while they commited the most famous genocide in history!

I have to agree with Amoebalord.... the symbol is not even closely SIMILAR to food etc. It should be taken much more seriously...

I am not saying in any way this to be offensive to Germans. But just that the swastika should be taken seriously when used, and serious thinking should occur before copying it to a public place

Last edited by PYROMANIAC/MXCREW (Dec 15 2010 5:45:58 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Alex

PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

I hate to disagree. Saying that the swastika is like food or simple words is kind of ignoring the fact that MILLONS OF PEOPLE were MASSECRED under that symbol! The symbol was a banner for the Germans to rally under while they commited the most famous genocide in history!

That's the thing, Natural law trumps how horrible a symbol is. I think the swastika should not be displayed, morally, but philosophically, it should.
The catholic church killed many in the crusades under the cross, should no one be allowed to display a cross?
Slavery in america killed many(and enslaved many others >>), should the american flag be banned?
The swastika had been a symbol for thousands of years, and it still means 'good fortune and peace' to many: it's on the flag in several countries, and even the symbol for the Indian red cross.
Just because one group does something horrible while using an already global symbol doesn't mean the symbol should be outlawed.

In order to avoid being hypocritical as a world, we must judge things by all standards, and if the swastika is banned for being offensive, then all things offensive must be banned.

Even food.

#18 Before February 2015

musuki

Nou wrote:

Lol angry kids.

This.

I am unhappy for those who should be allowed to chat but aren't able though. I hope the problem is fixed soon.

#19 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

alex wrote:
PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

That's the thing, Natural law trumps how horrible a symbol is. I think the swastika should not be displayed, morally, but philosophically, it should.
The catholic church killed many in the crusades under the cross, should no one be allowed to display a cross?
Slavery in america killed many(and enslaved many others >>), should the american flag be banned?
The swastika had been a symbol for thousands of years, and it still means 'good fortune and peace' to many: it's on the flag in several countries, and even the symbol for the Indian red cross.
Just because one group does something horrible while using an already global symbol doesn't mean the symbol should be outlawed.

In order to avoid being hypocritical as a world, we must judge things by all standards, and if the swastika is banned for being offensive, then all things offensive must be banned.

Even food.

True, true, yet it is all about perception....When somebody sees a cross, they don't think of death and murder and genocide. WHen they look at the swastika, they think about a time when millions of innocent people were murdered. THAT is why the swastika is offensive, because of perception.

But anways.. we should get back to the topic

#20 Before February 2015

Alex

PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

True, true, yet it is all about perception....When somebody sees a cross, they don't think of death and murder and genocide. WHen they look at the swastika, they think about a time when millions of innocent people were murdered. THAT is why the swastika is offensive, because of perception.

I'm not saying it isn't a symbol to be associated with bad things, just that-banning- it's use is...wrong.

#21 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

alex wrote:
PYROMANIAC/MXCREW wrote:

I'm not saying it isn't a symbol to be associated with bad things, just that-banning- it's use is...wrong.

OK i get you.

#22 Before February 2015

Conary

I started playing a lot when chat was added, but now that chat is gone, i don't really have the means to play it much anymore, except to cash in my energy for the christmas decorations.

And Nice off topic discussion too, I agree with what Alex is saying.

Last edited by Conary (Dec 15 2010 2:40:25 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

IMO they deserve it. I bet all of them are 10 year olds that doesn't want their mum/dad to know they've been swearing on the web.

Plus, if you hate Chris that much you might aswell leave. In this game Chris is god.

#24 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

MaybeNot wrote:

IMO they deserve it. I bet all of them are 10 year olds that doesn't want their mum/dad to know they've been swearing on the web.

Plus, if you hate Chris that much you might aswell leave. In this game Chris is god.

Thats like saying you should leave America because you hate Obama.

#25 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

lol nice comparison LOL

Conary 1423856731104701

Board footer