Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

fail

lol, the "parental control" sounds exactly like how a scam would

I could care less what the intentions of it are (and the intentions are pretty dumb since you can write swear words in edit mode, and even draw explicit images), but it sounds exactly like a scam to steal credit card information, or to collect information on users.

There's chat in tons of games, there's various ways of filtering if so inclined, but giving up a credit card to pay 1 cent for an "age check"? That sounds about as suspicious as you can get.

Why not limit people to preapproved levels with no profanity in them unless they submit to an "age check"? heh

I'm not saying it is a scam, but it sure sounds like one. If I were to set something up to steal credit cards, something like this would be a perfect way to do it.

It'd be pretty easy to get around too. Kids can just steal their parent's credit card. Most people wouldn't question a 1 cent charge on their statement anyhow. I wouldn't.

#2 Before February 2015

Surf

Re: lol, the "parental control" sounds exactly like how a scam would

EDIT: Just read what is written under this post by Alex

Oh and quiete a fail by OP...

Last edited by Surf (Dec 28 2010 11:35:31 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Alex

Dude, he's using paypal, you don't get any credit card information from transactions through paypal.

#4 Before February 2015

fail

Actually there's a lot of things you can do with credit card information.

I myself have pulled internet scams (not involving credit cards though), and credit card scams are one of the top things to do on the internet.

It's actually a pretty good idea, buy some game that has a chat feature, lock it, collect hundreds of credit cards from people "verifying" to regain chat, then sell the credit cards to other scammers

#5 Before February 2015

fail

oh, and this is just what this world needs, douchebags trying to nanny other people's kids on the internet heh

#6 Before February 2015

fail

alex wrote:

Dude, he's using paypal, you don't get any credit card information from transactions through paypal.

Oh, I didn't know that...

well chris, if you want to make some REAL money, let me know //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

A credit card is worth a lot more then the lousy 10 bucks you can get off selling "Beta" access

#7 Before February 2015

Sea Shock

It's not for swears alone, It's because of how annoying,childish younger players can be using chat
"Z0MG GIMMIE CODE I GIVE U MY PIZZA 4 IT!"
"GIMMIE ADMIN!! I PAY 3 DOLL HAIRS FOR IT!"

#8 Before February 2015

emanresu

Sea Shock wrote:

Z0MG GIMMIE CODE

I see that all the time as it is:

code?
I want code!
can I have code?
code?
code?

and once I saw this:

I need code
I'm only nine years old
And then dumb gods actually give the code out to these random people and are absolutely SHOCKED when their levels get "trolled". I put trolled in quotation marks because this community uses it completely wrong. The proper word is "griefed".

Last edited by emanresu (Dec 28 2010 12:23:24 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Olip96

The proper word is "griefed".

I'll be happy when the word "trolled" will get changed to "griefed". Signification of trolling is more like insulting for no reason to create a bad talking atmosphere.

#10 Before February 2015

fail

Yah.. well people who give out the code to random people they don't know deserve to have their level ruined. You're basically ASKING to have that done.

#11 Before February 2015

fail

oh, btw, i routinely write swear words with the blocks (i hack my way to the code on the levels where people are dumb enough to put the code somewhere on the map), and i encourage everyone else to do the same. Funny how people can take offense to that.

#12 Before February 2015

DarkFire

fail wrote:

oh, btw, i routinely write swear words with the blocks (i hack my way to the code on the levels where people are dumb enough to put the code somewhere on the map), and i encourage everyone else to do the same. Funny how people can take offense to that.

Always put, plainly, that There Will Be No Code, in big bold words (like this ^^)
if you dont do that, you are insanely dense, or ignorant, or dont care about your map.

#13 Before February 2015

fail

DarkFire wrote:
fail wrote:

Always put, plainly, that There Will Be No Code, in big bold words (like this ^^)
if you dont do that, you are insanely dense, or ignorant, or dont care about your map.

That's not necessary..

You just have to NOT give the code lol. Ignoring people who ask is sufficient

#14 Before February 2015

LillenDe1337

well im with you :/ but obviously there is no other way but chris are very serious and transaction is through paypal so it cant really be scammed i he dnt hack which is pretty hard

#15 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I doubt that this would be a scam, but when I asked my dad for the 1 cent, he said it was suspicious, and he didn't want to give away Credit Card info. There should be another way to get chat access.

#16 Before February 2015

Randomdude

fail wrote:

OMG HACKER!!!

fail 1423856849104583

Board footer