Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Alternative to current parental control

Many people are angered by this new update which needs a credit card to be able to chat. There are many problems with this. See here: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=1756

I have an alternative to the current system. If a parent is really upset by the chat then they should be able to password protect it. That way, if a parent is upset by what is written in the chat, they can disable it. However if a parent doesn't care what is written in the chat, they do not have to do anything about it.

It's completely unfair to introduce new features and then take them away. Anyways there is going to be inappropriate/racist stuff drawn or written in the levels with or without chat.

#2 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Re: Alternative to current parental control

I agree with everything you said.

If parents are afraid that their children will learn new swears and see new images, then why don't you tell them to stop playing the game?

Now I'm going to have to ask my parents for ONE CENT on their credit card.

I'm sorry, but it seems a little ridiculous.

Think of all the people's parents who are insecure about giving away their credit card number.

#3 Before February 2015

Alex

I think an effective alternative would be to DISABLE chat for 1 cent.
IE: parent gets mad, does that, chat is disabled, and it can be reenabled for 1 cent.
This way people with unattentive parents who don't give a crap aren't chatless, or people with relaxed parents that don't want to give money are also can still have chat.

#4 Before February 2015

Conary

alex wrote:

IE: parent gets mad, does that, chat is disabled, and it can be reenabled for 1 cent.
This way people with unattentive parents who don't give a crap aren't chatless, or people with relaxed parents that don't want to give money are also can still have chat.

This

#5 Before February 2015

EDJ

alex wrote:

QFT

#6 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I agree with everything that is being said, yet we can't just freak out becuz of one update.... chris has always come through! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

but I do think that one cent is kind of....strange..... i mean my parents were paranoid to buy the beta, cuz of giving their credit card number, now they have to give it for one cent? But i mean, i love this game! I would hate to see it lose a bunch of players becuz of this update.

#7 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

^ yes, hopefully chris will see that this is a HORRABLE mistake and fix it.... but i got beta by gems soo my parents dont even know i have beta 'xD nor do they care

#8 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

kaosslasher wrote:

^ yes, hopefully chris will see that this is a HORRABLE mistake and fix it.... but i got beta by gems soo my parents dont even know i have beta 'xD nor do they care

lol most def.

but has anybody emailed/directly told chris about this problem, and DIRECTLY emailed and or told him their suggestions? Not just through the forums, but directly...

#9 Before February 2015

haythere

Its unfair to users who are 18 and over (like me) and other teenagers whose parents wouldnt care about chat, i personally bought beta mainly for the chat features however i didnt know parental controls were implemented at the time, you could have imagined mfw. However i do understand where Chris is coming from, hopefully he will fix this all soon.

#10 Before February 2015

ivel236

Just today i was trying to create a world from the wide level i just bought with saved energy. I was 1/5 done with the level when someone comes and sticks around for so long that i feel bad and give them the key. I write it in from of him and he doesnt understand... So i write "key" next to it and he finaly gets it. Then for a couple hours we struggled to communicate and efficiently build the level. It was a race level, so afture we took turns asking yes or no questions i got him to copy what i made on the red side, to the blue side... We were makeing some pretty good progress, nearly 3/5 of the level was complete. But then he had to go... I said goodbye and wrote his name "kingnate" in the middle of the level, hoping he might come by see his name and remember the level... Buy really he probly wont come back...

This $hit is SAD as hell right?

Oh and it's pretty obvious i dont have chat....

Last edited by ivel236 (Jan 4 2011 2:52:51 am)

#11 Before February 2015

Corbin28

I completely agree with all you guys have said, but this wasn't Chris's fault. He had no choice. I do think Chris is losing more players now than he was before because of this update. I know Chris will pull through for us and allow free chat somehow.

#12 Before February 2015

Tree

Corbin28 wrote:

I completely agree with all you guys have said, but this wasn't Chris's fault. He had no choice. I do think Chris is losing more players now than he was before because of this update. I know Chris will pull through for us and allow free chat somehow.

I do not think that chat will ever be free, and people will have to deal with this. I think EE will not have as many players because of this chat problem, but you have to do what you have to do..

ilyas3d 1423858547102885

Board footer