Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Anyone else getting annoyed?

Here I am, sitting here, playing EE. All of a sudden, a new update comes out! I am ecstatic, oblivious to anything else! But wait, I stop. I have to, ONCE AGAIN, waste my time spending energy for each and every single update. I AM GETTING REALLY ANNOYED TO HAVE TO CONTINUOUSLY SAVE UP ENERGY OR PAY FOR AN UPDATE. What happened to automatically getting an update. And now, I'm limited! If this energy and gem thing came out earlier, we'd probably be sitting here, wasting energy on the lock blocks and keys! SERIOUSLY, CAN YOU PLEASE JUST GIVE US THE SMILEY AND BLOCKS UPDATED TO THE GAME? I can understand with all the different saved levels, but EE, to me, is pretty much now a business. I have to use energy which takes about a THIRD of the day to become full, and then use it for an update that would take about a month to get? Really? Seriously, I spent about half of December to get a massive world. What a rip-off! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF WASTING MY TIME TO GET A STUPID UPDATE, WHEN, JUST AROUND THE CORNER, THERE'S ANOTHER OVERPRICED UPDATE COMING ALONG. WHY DO I HAVE TO WASTE MY LIFE FOR EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EE UPDATE? Just give us unlimited Spawn Points and Coin Doors! All the smileys that are made! Just leave it at Saved World Sizes only!

tl:dr The Energy System was the most slow idea ever thought of.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Jan 11 2011 6:57:04 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

haythere

Re: Anyone else getting annoyed?

Yeah i know, i feel like half the time i just go on the website to use up my energy

#3 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I agree. I have a topic that says, basically, that betas should get at least 1 (or an adequate amount for beta-testing) of each of the new updates, and make the free client pay for it. We paid to beta test, we shouldn't have to pay more to do a SERVICE for chris.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

haythere wrote:

Yeah i know, i feel like half the time i just go on the website to use up my energy

To be honest, that's actually the only reason why I go on the beta website anyways. I really don't play EE as much as I did before we started get these time consuming updates.

#5 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

It might suck. But it gives Chris money. That's all that matters.

Last edited by ilyas3d (Jan 11 2011 7:06:29 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

ilyas3d wrote:

It might suck. But it gives Chris money. That's all that matters.

Unfortunately, that IS all that matters.

#7 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I was thinking instead of getting everything free (which would be so ****ing easier) for betas, I think betas should just get a discount, like around 50%, while frees get full price. Or maybe Betas have 300 energy to start with and frees get 200, so we don't have to like, wake up at about 3 in the morning just to spend energy, because it'll take longer to completely fill up. But I completely 100% agree with betas getting 1 of each update instead of having to use gems/energy to get them.

#8 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

I agree, cause when i get all the new updates in shop to test ... BAM there in non-beta already   >.>

#9 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Agreed. Betas at least get one update free.

#10 Before February 2015

silverx37

besides what are betas used 4 ,theyre used for TESTING. so chris to make the program work the way u want it 2, u need to let betas use the new things earlier,so betas should be able to get energy faster, hold more, or get the object 4 less

#11 Before February 2015

bliske

Shy Guy wrote:

Here I am, sitting here, playing EE. All of a sudden, a new update comes out! I am ecstatic, oblivious to anything else! But wait, I stop. I have to, ONCE AGAIN, waste my time spending energy for each and every single update. I AM GETTING REALLY ANNOYED TO HAVE TO CONTINUOUSLY SAVE UP ENERGY OR PAY FOR AN UPDATE. What happened to automatically getting an update. And now, I'm limited! If this energy and gem thing came out earlier, we'd probably be sitting here, wasting energy on the lock blocks and keys! SERIOUSLY, CAN YOU PLEASE JUST GIVE US THE SMILEY AND BLOCKS UPDATED TO THE GAME? I can understand with all the different saved levels, but EE, to me, is pretty much now a business. I have to use energy which takes about a THIRD of the day to become full, and then use it for an update that would take about a month to get? Really? Seriously, I spent about half of December to get a massive world. What a rip-off! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF WASTING MY TIME TO GET A STUPID UPDATE, WHEN, JUST AROUND THE CORNER, THERE'S ANOTHER OVERPRICED UPDATE COMING ALONG. WHY DO I HAVE TO WASTE MY LIFE FOR EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EE UPDATE? Just give us unlimited Spawn Points and Coin Doors! All the smileys that are made! Just leave it at Saved World Sizes only!

tl:dr The Energy System was the most slow idea ever thought of.

i totally understand what you mean, but sitting there waiting for energy every 2.30 mins, is no lifing, go do something else aside from sitting on the computer and let it build itself.
i will say $50 for a smiley (big spender) is overpriced.
But aside from that, it's not like in the '14 days' to get a great saved world that it's going anywhere, it's not moving. just taking an amount of time to get.
Except, i will agree that the energy used to buy these thing's are over the top, since it takes nearly a 14 days for the 'great saved' about a week for massive(i own one). Aside from that complaining about anything isn't going to do anything, except i don't get why every update towards the game now to add blocks or smileys that is 'money' if you use gems, the point of this comment is that, not all updates chris does should cost, some should be freely, though yeah, 14 days for a great saved is lame. but oh well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile i don't mind.

#12 Before February 2015

EEguy

we should pay only for the worlds, and they should cost half or a third of what they cost. we paid for beta, so we should get all the other updates for free and instantly.

#13 Before February 2015

Floppy

I agree on some level, but I think having to pay/earn smileys is fine.   What SHOULD be free is anything that affects gameplay.   That includes:
- Coin doors
- Spawns
- Those new black blocks

Chris had it right when he gave every beta a free small world.   Honestly, we gave him $10 for the beta access, you'd think he'd be gracious enough to reward us for our loyalty.

ALSO: I dislike the whole notion of us having to pay to test his new features to begin with.   I dislike it that we have to pay a second time (whether in cash or time) to test EVERY NEW FEATURE.

#14 Before February 2015

DBear

Honestly, I don't mind. I mean, I have a free account so I can't really say anything beta-wise, but energy and (some)gems are still free. I'd rather take a few days to get something in a game then actually take out my wallet for it. A massive world shouldn't take any more than 6 days to get(if my math is right), but that's also counting the 8 hour mark for when energy refills. But other than that, I really don't mind. And I always thought the whole point of Beta was to play around with the new features before they're passed on to the regulars. Isn't that enough?

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#15 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Bliske wrote:

i will say $50 for a smiley (big spender) is overpriced.

the big spender was a joke //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 Before February 2015

ivel236

I like the enregy thing, chris can get his loads of money from the impatient people who are rich, but yet we can still make levels that are equal to the rich guys!
(just gotta waste alotta your time, its EE! like your time isnt ALREADY being wasted)

LOL

Yes i like it he can still make some money without being exclusive to just people willing to pay.

?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

In other words, yes the whole idea of anything costing money is slow.
Just be gratfull he made a way for us to NOT pay, better than being forced to buy new updates right?

Last edited by ivel236 (Jan 14 2011 8:25:24 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

^ I already payed for beta. Aka : I payed for the new updates. Yet I am forced to wait 1 week for the new updates and in that time all the regular registered members have the update too. Pretty unfair IMO.

#18 Before February 2015

Wormwood

Wow guys. Considering that you are lucky enough to be able to even get it FREE you shouldn't be complaining. Would you rather pay him for the server(s) he uses to run the game for you or have it be free, and use energy? I pay for 90% of my updates by the way, and it isn't cheap, but you guys can't and should therefore be happy that it's even free.

#19 Before February 2015

ivel236

I payed my beta isnt that enough?
ilyas3d: that unicorn is trippy 0.o

#20 Before February 2015

FMaster

IMO, we betas should get one copy(or more) of every new item in the shop because we must test it. I think we don't have to wait for something we must test... And when it is released to non-betas we lost that item copy and we have to buy it.

#21 Before February 2015

magicmimic

I was going to make a thread like this but I am lazy, so +1 rep to you good sir.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't Chris have enough money from beta anyway?

Last edited by magicmimic (Jan 18 2011 11:37:52 am)

#22 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Danni wrote:

Honestly, I don't mind. I mean, I have a free account so I can't really say anything beta-wise, but energy and (some)gems are still free. I'd rather take a few days to get something in a game then actually take out my wallet for it. A massive world shouldn't take any more than 6 days to get(if my math is right), but that's also counting the 8 hour mark for when energy refills. But other than that, I really don't mind. And I always thought the whole point of Beta was to play around with the new features before they're passed on to the regulars. Isn't that enough?

You are absolutely correct. But there's a problem.

"And I always thought the whole point of Beta was to play around with the new features before they're passed on to the regulars. Isn't that enough?"

The point is, because we have to purchase almost every new update with energy, like fully black blocks, before we betas even get it, it's released to the public. What's the point of testing if they release it to the public before we even get the update?

#23 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Well at first, betas had to test coin doors before the public had it. But exactly, I got it after it was released to the public. I freaking HATE energy.

#24 Before February 2015

EDJ

The capslock button should be disabled for some people

#25 Before February 2015

mistahboi

You don't have to use capslock, you can just hold shift. ^_^

But anyways, I got fully black like 2 days after it was released. Coin doors I got in about 3 days. But that's not the point. We can't test if we don't even have it.

Shy Guy 1423859765101667

Board footer