Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TiKen

Old school 2D RPG - Need help fo' art

Some saw it, some sawed it... I'm making a brand new type of bot! So new, it's the first time you'll see something like this (you won't see it here for sure)!
"Wow!" will you say, "but what's the point of it?"
Good question folks. The answer is 42!... Ney. I'm actually trying to recreate a 2D RPG in EE. Old school. Like this, or this...

I already worked out the physic engine (wow, so hard ==). But know will start the hard part: da ART. Well, I kinda suck at making art, and I'm calling everyone who wants to participate!
The art is micro-art, id est, doesn't need to look cool on the minimap (if it does, it's awesome) but as to look "realistic" around the players.

I started a really quick map to show the kind of stuff I want, and it look like this (badly drawn art):

AsGuh4e.png

And you can enter the huts!

SGE8Sgk.png

For the art, I was thinking about a post-apocalyptic environment, like wasteland/fallout/madmax/many other examples. I'll need everything, from building (outside and inside) to rivers, cliffs, caves, forests...

To handle the movement, I used invisible blocks, so remember: you can't use anything else than background for the pathways (since there will be an invisible block on top).

You can post image or link to map here.
I'll run the bot during the day (CST) at http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWv-e3eKtXbEI. It's not finished yet (far from it), but I'll try to add stuff little by little.
I love you all ! <3

#2 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Re: Old school 2D RPG - Need help fo' art

Seems similar to that rpg bot someone made... It was side view and you could chat with NPC's, buy weps from them, complete quests for them e.t.c, so this RPG bot idea definitely isnt unique. However, the top view idea seems interesting, although I dont get how you will get the RPG feel into it, unless you run it like fishbot and have it record kills/quests/whatever you do in it.
A bit more info on what the bot would do would be appreciated, but I cant wait, and will help if I'm ever online at the time.

#3 Before February 2015

TiKen

Re: Old school 2D RPG - Need help fo' art

Well, I was more talking about the top view that was "new" ^^
Concerning the RPG feel, everything will be in here: from random battles (FF style) to exp, level, equipment, quests, NPCs, etc, etc...

Right now, there's nothing much implemented, except the movement. I'll try to do a draft of random battle today.
This will grow slowly but surely if people are motivated (because I don't really have time so if nobody's interested, I'll drop the thingy)
I have plenty of ideas that I already discussed with multiple people for the bot (including a client-side bot to handle an interface and avoid spam in the chat) but as I said, I lack skills concerning micro art (or art in general actually). Which is why I'm asking for help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I have no dedicated world for it right now,   so everyone can post pictures/link to map/EEPainter maps to participate to the design. There will be credits (even if I modify the design or even if I don't take it*).
If you have any question, please ask //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

TiKen1423774595186837

Board footer