Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Bash

Minigames Collab

Started about 5 hours ago and still in progress.

http://everybodyedits.com/?/vz-Minigames-Collab

This is the second level that us three have made so far and it is another platformer.   As you progress through the minigames, they get more and more difficult but are always beatable.   There are some unique minigames in there along with the common ones.

We dont have a screenshot yet, but we plan on putting one up later on when we are done or almost done.

If you get stuck or need help, you can message us on the chat: http://tinychat.com/mgcrew

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

40441_1321816577670_1598508482_674552_2717472_n.jpg

Last edited by bass5098 (Aug 14 2010 6:53:21 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: Minigames Collab

Yep, this is a good level. We've had many people play it. To correct Bass we have 4 people not 3, and our official website for the MG crew:
http://tiny.cc/mg_crew

Our chat is on there too. Hope you guys enjoy our levels!

~MG CREW LEADER~:cool:
D-rock2308

#3 Before February 2015

mustang

I have some advice for your future maps in terms of certain challenges and habits to avoid.

The first is please limit your hook jumps if you want more people to beat the map. I personally have no problem with hook jumps, but I know numerous players who extremely dislike those sort of obstacles. If you take some of them away, you will have fewer players rage quit and more will try to finish the map. This is critical if your goal is to have the most players win.

The second advice I wish to give is to avoid using gates excessively, especially in combination with more difficult challenges such as hook jumps. The reason is when you get many people playing your map, the keys will be hit sometimes back to back to back, so any room that uses gates will become unbeatable. This is especially a serious problem for a complex room with hook jumps that is made of gates, and that can be extremely unfair to the players when they almost beat the room but fall back to the beginning when a player at the beginning of the map hits a key.

The third piece of advice is to be careful about your rooms feeling stale and simply a rehash of an earlier one. When you make 60 rooms in your map, you need to diversify and take extra care that each room feels different from the others. I personally found many rooms to be similar to earlier ones, and the lack of variability gave the map a repetitive feel especially when I reached the rooms in the 30s and 40s. Don't be afraid to experiment and put together blocks in a way you have not seen in another map. Don't just copy, innovate whenever you can.

I did enjoy the overall look of the minimap, it was clean, colorful, and well presented. I feel you had good teamwork when building the map, since it was mostly error free and everything flowed well. I think you guys have potential, you just need to gain more experience by working together and you need to take risks to make sure you are keeping the map feeling fresh.

Good luck and I will keep my eye out for future maps from you guys.

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I liked the level, but I also feel that there was overuse of E-jumps. After countless amounts of them, they simply become annoying. Again I agree with mustang, I did like the look of the level, but some of the challenges seemed to simply be a repeat of previous ones.

Overall: A good level, well balanced, with some minor flaws.

#5 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

I edited colors now.

#6 Before February 2015

Google

E-jumps and key blocks, like mustang said try to hold back from using them.
Was a nice map, with players spread all across it instead of just one place which shows the difficulty was nicely and slowly progressed but still remained playable for even the most inexperienced players, nice job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Bash 1423775417186015

Board footer