Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Realm of Adventure

The Realm of Adventure. A map that has been days in the making. It will be legendary. If you think it will be easy, think again.

The Realm of Adventure is the product of a joint venture between me and Bass5098. I designed the level layout, artwork, and edited challenges, he designed the challenges and helped create the level.   It is a beta level, therefore it'll be open at all times.

The level features innovative challenges, nearly all of them based upon gravity.   The challenges progress from easy in the beginning to hard and extreme near the end.   It features gorgeous, well integrated landscapes and very fun challenges. Travel from atop a snowy mountain down to steamy jungles and an abandoned castle down to ancient cities and magma chambers buried deep underground.   All of this makes for a very fun and rewarding experience. There is even a boss chamber that will be open periodically

Beta Link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/Closed

Normal Link: http://everybodyedits.com/?/Closed

Tinychat Link: http://tinychat.com/roa

Constructive criticism, questions, and suggestions are all welcome. So, get out there and try out the level! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Screenshots:
undergroundcity.png
Underground City

mountainse.png
Snowy Mountains

jungle.png
Thick Jungles

viproomcastlebasement.png
VIP room/ Castle Basement

minimapl.png
What awaits you...

#2 Before February 2015

Zeal

Re: Realm of Adventure

To difficult >.[]

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

The level is difficult, but with a bit of determination and skill, it is a very fun experience. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#4 Before February 2015

Bash

This was definitely a fun map to make, and it will stay saved on my account for a least a week.

Determination is key, skill just helps at the end.

#5 Before February 2015

FistDaCuffz

I beat beat it about an hour ago, here's my thoughts.

I really really liked the level. From the design it self to the very challenging mingames. The design was very interesting while keeping a elegant flow for minigames.
The minigames were quit challenging. From the clouds all the way down to pyramids, it was original, not most games have anymore. It was hard, but I wanted to finish. It was very exciting and fresh. It was good to hear that you took 3 days to finish so you took your time. You guys (I am a friend of Bass) are amazing, and you think out of the box.

You have to throughly test your maps. I went for a coin and I got stuck. I had to contact Bass to help me. So keep that in mind.

I would rate this map a 9/10.
I will look forward to play your future maps.

#6 Before February 2015

musuki

Very nice indeed. Started off fairly easy and the difficulty rose well relative to where you were in the level without ever becoming impossibly hard. I didn't get all the coins, but they're there for those who desire an extra challenge.

Hope to see more from you guys!

#7 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Thanks everyone, the level was really fun to build.   You could've even gotten a peek at a few times, it was hidden under the world name (when it was not de-listed) "My Horrible Creation" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#8 Before February 2015

Bash

For some people, the hardest thing was climbing the mountain.   They also didn't get past the mountain...

Thanks everyone who showed up early and helped me fix a few bugs.   This took three days to build, and it was definitely worth it now as it is finished.   A special thanks goes out to Aslai, for helping us design it offline with his program and then manually build it later.

Rurigok wrote:

Thanks everyone, the level was really fun to build.   You could've even gotten a peek at a few times, it was hidden under the world name (when it was not de-listed) "My Horrible Creation" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Either "My Horrible Creation" or "My Great Creation", all depending on the time of day.   I would like to thank Chris for telling us how to de-list the maps.

#9 Before February 2015

mustang

This map has many strong points as already mentioned above. However, I need to bring up some important criticisms that honestly hurt the map.

1) Your map starts off much too hard. While any skilled player will find it fine, almost all new and inexperienced players will be turned off by the opening mountain and clouds. If this was intended then it's fine, but if you want to ensure that more people attempt your map you need to scale the difficulty and start from easy before reaching medium and hard.

2) Your checkpoints are very harsh. When I first played the map, I was so turned off by the excessively harsh cloud checkpoint that made me start the whole section over that I quit the map, believing most of the other checkpoints would be just as bad. Don't make a map hard by having a player repeat large sections over and over, especially when it's very easy to make a mistake since many of your challenges were arrow based and those can be easily affected by lag.

3) Add some variety to your challenges. There were occasions when I encountered a similar challenge a few times in a row with just a small change. For example, in the mountain section, there were numerous jumps involving an assisting arrow off to the side, and in he clouds there were many assisted jumps with dots and arrows in different configurations. There's nothing wrong with reusing some of those ideas, just not so soon or else you start to feel like you're in a minigames map.

Overall, this was a fair map, definitely better than most, but with a few changes it could easily rise to the top of the top.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 22 2010 10:40:21 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Rurigok

1) I did indeed note this when we had first opened the map - several players could not scale the mountain - but note that the topic does state that the map will not be easy.

2) The cloud checkpoint is the only harsh checkpoint, this was done because the cloud challenges are not that difficult and because it is not that easy to simply fall right out of the clouds. I will consider this though and perhaps make it near impossible to fall out of the clouds.

3) I never really considered this, but you do make a point. I will see if we can restructure some of the challenges in order to increase the variety.

Thanks for your feedback, as always they will be taken into account.

#11 Before February 2015

Rurigok

The room has been recreated & updated! The links posted now work and lead to the level.   Check it out!

#12 Before February 2015

mustang

Rurigok wrote:

The room has been recreated & updated! The links posted now work and lead to the level.   Check it out!

I saw you took my advice to heart, and I can say the map is much improved this time around.

The beginning is now fairly easy, so players of all skill levels will at least attempt your map and not rage quit at the very beginning. You have a good amount of scaling, with the difficulty increasing as you go deeper into the map, but it never gets insanely hard so I expect many players to complete your map entirely. The checkpoints are all very fair now, nothing that sends you back excessively far.

In fact, I would say maybe you made your map too easy, then again I speak for the expert players, and I'm sure many novice and intermediate players will appreciate the overall difficulty.

My only remaining criticism is to watch for lag affected gravity arrow challenges, there were a few of them where you had to wait for a bit of lag to boost you through but there were not many. People without much lag may find those few sections more challenging than others.

Great job overall on the map, it was fun and enjoyable.

#13 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Oh, so that's who talos is.

I saw the map and I said "oh wow that's cool looking"
I will beat it! >:D

Last edited by Shy Guy (Aug 26 2010 6:24:57 am)

#14 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Gah...... I feel left out on these cool levels my crew's members are making because of school! Curse you!

#15 Before February 2015

Rurigok

This isn't a MG Crew level just because Bass is in it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It's simply a joint venture map between me and him.

#16 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I know it isnt. I just miss the levels my members make/help make. I never said it was one of ours //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink.

#17 Before February 2015

Skater_X

i wish i could of played your level talos level. it isn't alive anymore :/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------btw, how come i am hearing about all of these people who are getting help from aslai? are you all his friends or did you just ask and he said ok? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral it makes me want to go and ask him myself if i could use his EE autobuilder in a way @-@ :/ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Last edited by Skater_X (Sep 1 2010 7:53:24 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

MIHB

Skater_X wrote:

i wish i could of played your level talos level. it isn't alive anymore :/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------btw, how come i am hearing about all of these people who are getting help from aslai? are you all his friends or did you just ask and he said ok? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral it makes me want to go and ask him myself if i could use his EE autobuilder in a way @-@ :/ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

http://everybodyedits.com/?/PWoAMAAA

If you ever miss a saved level, look for it under the "top beta levels."   You can change a beta link to a regular link by deleting beta.   and changing games to ?.

Rurigok 1423775580185852

Board footer