Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

MX crew's Make it Home.

Hey everybody! This is our best level yet! "Better than both of the other ones" -Drock2803.

It is a space theme, where you have to try to make it home to earth! Let us know what you think.. and thanks for playing..
While making this level... We recruited THREE new people.. all with fresh minis.. And even people who who aren't officially in MX crew helped by testing and such.. All our team worked on this...
Tell us what you think!

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWQAAAAA

-Pyro

Last edited by PYROMANIAC/MXCREW (Nov 3 2010 5:50:12 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Re: MX crew's Make it Home.

Heres a Screeny

tLNMG.png

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Ya! I Helped With That level!!

#4 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Yeah Kaoss, you made the Mario Star and the little dots all over the place. You even made a few Minigames. Thnx.

#5 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

XD I Know!!!!

#6 Before February 2015

Smiley

When i got once the code in this map , i just tried the front next guy to get to the code but suddenly the creator changed the code and offended me with the word : F you. Lol these kind of people are childish.

#7 Before February 2015

Zeal

The previous name was "ultra hard" when it wasn't.

#8 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Smiley wrote:

When i got once the code in this map , i just tried the front next guy to get to the code but suddenly the creator changed the code and offended me with the word : F you. Lol these kind of people are childish.

What? I'm the creator... i didn't do that... and how did you get the code?

sorry for his behavior...

and zeal.. what are you talking about?

#9 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

lolz nice one.   I couldnt get past the first room on teh moon's surface...

#10 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

lolz

#11 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

our official forum is http://s4.zetaboards.com/MXCrew/index/

and our weebly site is www.mxcrew.weebly.com

make accounts!!!

#12 Before February 2015

mustang

I played the map but decided I didn't want to finish it. While there were some enjoyable parts to the map, I found most of the challenges somewhat tedious and at times cheap. There were far too many "microrooms" filled with gravity arrows that were just not fun and they felt fairly repetitive after I beat a few of them.

My advice is to not segment your map into all these little rooms and to give the player a bit more space to roam and navigate. It will also help if you try add variety and stay away from some cheap design choices which were an attempt to make the map hard. Believe me, it's easy to make a hard map, but it's extremely difficult to make an enjoyable hard map.

Keep at it, and with practice I'm sure you will start to elevate your design skills to a new and much more enjoyable level.

#13 Before February 2015

MIHB

^What he said, including the part about deciding not to finish it.   There were just way too many variations of "how can we throw in some random arrows that will possibly knock the player back to the bottom".

#14 Before February 2015

Alex

You guys also broke many of the 'things not to do', like hook jumps and gravity dots arranged diagonally.
You guys were going for difficulty and became rather cheap. And somewhere around when you just got on the moon became cheap.

A good idea is to make the challenge based on the map of the level rather then using black blocks in blank space to make up most of the challenge.

#15 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

@alex, MIHB and mustang: I'm pretty sure we did NOT have hookjumps as far as the minigames I made, and we were guilty of the gravity dots part.

I agree with the black blocks part, but we were fearful of players falling down and losing there progress, we couldn't really come up with any other way to get players from point a to point b in this map.

We thought about going inside the moon, but that would ruin the scenery, so we went with this. I'm going around and removing all of the unoriginal challenges and replacing them with more thought out ideas.

I think all of you are talking about the part in the right hand corner of the moon, correct?

#16 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Linus21 wrote:

Dont do hard world all the time!

.... thats kinda the point of the level ....

#17 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

LOL!

#18 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

@linus21

Thats the point of the world, but I recently nerfed the beginning minigames to make it more appealing to new players.

#19 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Here's my feedback. Cool Map Bro.

#20 Before February 2015

Blackboy1323

Its a hard level but it has an awesome map!

#21 Before February 2015

collectionshower

I was the   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool   Smiley in that game! nice job!

Last edited by collectionshower (Nov 8 2010 6:06:59 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Thaaaanks! A new map is coming soon.. (starting it tomorrow!!) Look for Mx maps coming up!

Pyromaniac1423776084185348

Board footer