Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nondray

Not Another Mario Themed Room

Click here to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Here's my take on a Super Mario Bros. themed room. A combination of pixel art and a minigame maze make up the bulk of it. Tell me what you think?

There's a crown at the end for you to show off with //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink. Have fun.

[EDIT]

Now I've added 50 coins to the level in strategic places.

Last edited by Nondray (Feb 15 2011 11:21:45 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Re: Not Another Mario Themed Room

Win, not a fan of mario.

Good art, 8/10
Bad and generic Minis 1/10
Overall 4.5/10

Tip: try to be imaginative when designing minis, yes it is hard to make new minis without arrows, as it will destroy the look of it.

Tip 2: Try to stray away from hooks, as they are annoying and pointless as noobs as much as pros hate them.

#3 Before February 2015

Nondray

Re: Not Another Mario Themed Room

Thanks for the feedback //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

It's my first real try at making a minigame level so I can understand that they'd suck a bit, although I know I got really stuck trying to come up with lots of ideas to stop the level becoming monotonous and repetitive which is difficult without the use of gravity points or arrows >.<. And I did try not to go down the hook jump route too much, though there are a few in there for variety.

Any ideas for minigames that I could implement to make it a better level are welcome //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

I might see if I can add some coins in there to collect as you go round. Good idea? let me know //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Nondray 1423777612183820

Board footer