Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Rest in peace, EE, rest in peace.

The killer of this game, Julian redily, with his biggest, and worst invention, the builder pack has killed 75% interest of this game.
Before this noob, This game had been awesome. It was a sandbox game with no complex gravity,
Only an extra feature (As called beta), Which was acceptable.

The existence of MrShoe, or juliannoob, Just changed the point of this game.
From a free sandbox to a half market (Builder club), then from a sandbox into an RPG(Level and magic coin).
Banning people for no reason, Making unacceptable updates and tweaks.

This game has been killed.
Thank you. Out biggest rival of this game, Mister Shoe.

#2 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Re: Rest in peace, EE, rest in peace.

I personally would like to hear more from MrShoe as to how he feels with these negative responses and how he plans to deal with them.
It seems to be a pretty deep hole he has dug, but what was he thinking as he made the update? Surely he had sound reasoning behind it.

#3 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

You don't need to, he never minded about it. He just dug that hole for no reason. He just wanted to dig out gold or diamond from his mine. I hope one day he found lava in it get killed.

#4 Before February 2015

Alex

I can't say much about what you're saying because I'm vastly behind on ee stuff, which is actually kind of depressing.
But I see you made some minecraft jokes in your last post.
...And that your biggest criticism is that changes turned a sandbox into an rpg
Let me remind you that at it's beginning minecraft was a game where you're spawned in a generated world and could fly around and build crap, which is a textbox sandbox game if I ever heard of one, it was only by adding rpg elements that made minecraft the biggest game ever, while your criticism may be valid, I just found that extremely ironic; it's true that EE has(had?) it's niche primarily as a sandbox but so did minecraft and well, moving away from it didn't exactly hurt the game, now did it?

#5 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

In the next update (tomorrow or whenever) I will post on the blog some questions that shoe needs to answer.

#6 Before February 2015

I don't see that much actual RPG elements on EE. (didn't play EE seriously for a while, anyway)
Maybe woots, but that doesn't really change much things other than having a higher number on the user list.
Potions could be too, but most of them are just color swap, the jump potion is rarely used other than hookjumps - you can easily disable it.
Shop has been there since 2 years ago, iirc.

However I agree that EE is dead for so long, but in another terms.

Last edited by 0176 (Jan 1 2013 6:29:33 am)

#7 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

The potions and the level system, Or maybe JUST the level(class) system, has ruined this game.
Take minecraft as an example.
The purpose of that game is mine and craft. Being an RPG game is normal.
I know RPG games are popular and reason Games get popular.
Now, for this game, "Everybody edits", The purpose of this game is building (Doesn't mean accepting BC) But not grabbing magic coin every day.
That does NO matter of the popularity of this game. Maybe just pulling people unwilling to leave this game for a vacation, like taking drugs.
If this is an RPG game, "Everybody Role-play" Would be a better name for this ruined game.

#8 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

The game is not dead.   Mr. Shoe is no murderer.   Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's dead.

This game started out as a little experiment and that's still what it is.   And always will be.   If you don't like it, the door is the red button with the X on it.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Moved to General Discussion.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

NR2001

EE isn't dead, and there is some time to turn it around. I don't know how much profit comes out of EE, though.

#11 Before February 2015

hisss

STFU ABOUT RPG ELEMENTS FFS.
Seriously if a person who played rpgs played ee there is a snowballs chance in hell that he would think "hey this is a nice rpg".
No just no, he'd probably think of it as a nice little building game. And all this builders club hate, a man needs to make money somehow.

/rant over.

#12 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

@Alex:
As much as I should agree with your analogy, it doesn't exactly apply to EE very much.
May I re-introduce:
beforeafter.png

signature.png
*u stinky*

#13 Before February 2015

octodecillion
Formerly strider

what the hell another person is mad with mrhsoe/julian if you don't like the update don't get the stuf in the update! i hate the people who are hateing on MrShoe/julian so you need to just shut up and stop conplaining!!!!!!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Last edited by strider (Jan 1 2013 12:16:01 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

strider wrote:

what the hell another person is mad with mrhsoe/julian if you don't like the update don't get the stuf in the update! i hate the people who are hateing on MrShoe/julian so you need to just shut up and stop conplaining!!!!!!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

strider calm down. It's not your problem, it's theirs so you can just calm down and stop getting so worked up over something that doesn't matter.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#15 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

27269464.jpg

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I fixed your title.
Rest in pieces, MrShoe, rest in pieces.

#17 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

I agree with this. EE has been a very fun game, until MrShoe came along. I miss it when updates were less common, and the moderators were active and community friendly.

BEFORE:
Admins are active and listen to the community
Good updates that fit the game well
Good sandbox elements with good blocks
Beta membership, to test out upcoming features

NOW:
A single coder who doesn't take feedback
Bad constant updates that don't fit the game well
Horrible RPG elements like potions and levels
Stupid builder club, which overloads you with blocks

Ouch

fgRzols.png

#18 Before February 2015

Shift

Don't get me wrong, I think MrShoe has made some terrible contributions to the game, but you're reasoning is completely wrong.

-The "half market" existed in gems and beta long before Builder's Club.
-Magic coins similarly existed long before MrShoe.
-The only people he has banned were banned for perfectly valid reasons (sorry, Helvi, but you know it's technically true).

Also, don't throw random statistics around unless it's remotely possible for you to back them. Most of MrShoe's haters are on the forum, which comprises closer to 2% of the players than 75%.

#19 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

I copied this post which I posted myself in another topic. Here it is:

Look about 2 years ago before Julian came of course EE was less complicated, however Chris hired Julian because he had faith that he would pull out some amazing updates, and Julian did. Some great updates were:

.The friends System (Loads of people have benefited from that + it makes it easier for people to find there friends)

.Potions (Something to change your god aura from boring white to a more colorful colour)

.Magic Class (Magic coins was disabled because of coin collector bot so MrShoe found a solution so players could keep increasing there energy)

.Good packs and updates (Some packs people don't like, but the majority MrShoe has made are very good and have made the game more interesting)

So don't have a rant at MrShoe over some recent bannings or builders club or that Beta has gone.. (Builders club is optional anyway and MrShoe was being generous because he gave beta 1 month free). Your forgetting that Everybody Edits is supposed to be a friendly game, not 'oh lets rage at MrShoe' or 'lets spam his email' no,no,no. The Everybody Edits community should not discard a moderator because some of the recent things he/she have done.

I sympathize for those who are abit displeased at Mrshoes actions and want there voice to be heard, I really do sympathize. However he has done more right than wrong so you should stop this 'Hate Group' as I could say because he is a nice person and you have to get used to him and the way he works.

Whenever the next update comes out, I will contact MrShoe by any means necessary and I will let your questions get answered from his point of view so then it balances it out.

Thank you for reading,

/Alexthementalone

Last edited by Alexthementalone (Jan 1 2013 2:09:23 pm)

#20 Before February 2015

hisss

/rant finsher

STFU ABOUT RPG ELEMENTS FFS. I hate repeating myself but seriously ee is not an rpg.

#21 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

In Update Discussion, I wrote:

This is exactly what MrShoe is doing to us: He lurked to EE thinking he could make it a better game, but all he is doing is replacing our classic nostalgic features we know and love with total crap. It's like he's going to a museum, taking all the items out of it, and puts pasta in place of the artifacts. That's all he's doing. Replacing our valuable artifacts with pasta.

#22 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

Replacing our valuable artifacts with pasta.

Mmmm... Pasta //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Also KRAZYMAN50 If that's ur opinion that is fine g7O1H.png, perhaps you could post on the blog or email MrShoe your opinion if this is what you really think of MrShoe?

Last edited by Alexthementalone (Jan 1 2013 3:11:04 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

SeymourG

*sigh* Well here's the thing. I have been playing for over 2 years now, and I've seen how this game has gone and changed, as I have myself. I miss the good old days when there were creative people who had little blocks at their disposal, but made some of the best levels I'd ever seen, especially winners of earlier contests. Now we have so many updates coming out, if you spent your energy on those updates and didn't use gems, new updates would probably come out before you got that, so some people, like myself, would get pretty far behind. And BC... Oh god... I udnerstand a man needs to make his money, but there are wonderous things called JOBS, however rare they may be. This isn't supposed to be a full time job to make a living off of, so I support cheap Beta over expensive BC, and I wish things would go back to how they were. Bye, MrShoe.

#24 Before February 2015

Echo!

If it's your choice whether or not to get it, this effects you how?

#25 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

ABC Boy wrote:

The killer of this game, Julian redily, with his biggest, and worst invention, the builder pack has killed 75% interest of this game.
Before this noob, This game had been awesome. It was a sandbox game with no complex gravity,
Only an extra feature (As called beta), Which was acceptable.

The existence of MrShoe, or juliannoob, Just changed the point of this game.
From a free sandbox to a half market (Builder club), then from a sandbox into an RPG(Level and magic coin).
Banning people for no reason, Making unacceptable updates and tweaks.

This game has been killed.
Thank you. Out biggest rival of this game, Mister Shoe.

Hey, uh..

Chris Benjaminsen is the one who came up with Builder's Club, and he was the one who wanted to remove normal Beta access.

Geez, people blame everything on MrShoe.   Even for things that aren't his fault.

ABC Boy 142392319838234

Board footer