Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

My opinion on EE today

Hey all. I am pretty sure many of you remember me, the guy who made the Moderator Land level. As you all know, MrShoe and Chris has been updating the game with features that greatly impact the game, mostly in a negative way. I am an EE veteran, I have been playing for two years. I really miss the time back when updates were uncommon, good, and original. Moderators were always active, and taking feedback from the great community. For example, when RPGMaster2000 would visit worlds, he would give us the slightest hints of upcoming updates, that people were actually exited about. Nowadays, we have constant filler updates, unoriginal concepts, no active moderators at all, and the sandbox elements are being drained away with every update. Potions, leveling up, woots, builder club, and hazards, have changed the game greatly for me, and most veterans. Here is a pro and con list for the old EE and today's EE.

OLD EE
PROS
Uncommon, yet good updates that fit the game
Active administrators who interact with the community
A fun, clean playing experience without any confusion
A good community, who make good, original levels
No bad bots that ruin the gameplay for others
CONS
Uncommon updates, for those who love updates
Too little features, for those who love features

TODAY'S EE
PROS
Fast updates, for those who like updates
Better game play experience, for those who like RPGs
CONS
Bad levels that get promoted by noobs with woots
Constant overwhelming updates that don't fir the game
RPG elements getting in, sandbox element going out
Most of the old community left, leaving mostly noobs
No active moderators, to take feedback and manage EE

I have also been getting lag ever since the hazard update. The constant fireworks hate my computer. I lost interest in the game when I realized the updates were getting out of hand, for example when the water was added, and the ugly smileys, such as the robot, dog, headhunter, scientist, etc.

I have tried to hesitate making an argument, since many people already have but I couldn't take it anymore. I really really miss the old times. It's kinda amazing on how much a good game can change to something of the past. Thank you for reading, and I hope I sent a strong message with this post.

Stubby

fgRzols.png

#2 Before February 2015

Re: My opinion on EE today

I don't recall the updates in Chris' time being very good - most of what I remember is useless physics updates which broke some of the game.
Anyway, even though I don't play EE anymore, I'd like to see the updating time increased from 1 to 2 weeks, not (only) for the quality bonus, but so players can catch up better, and of course some twist in the things added - I agree that the current 'innovations' are too plain. That's the only thing I want to see.
Considering Chris took about 3-4 months to make a new update, even though it often contained a new gameplay thing, by now we'd have about 3 useful (?) game-changing updates in that time.

Last edited by 0176 (Jan 5 2013 2:51:15 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Hmm...

Loads of topics like this get created, I think its good that EE veterans share there opinion of the game and want something to happen, I would like a EE veteran (that goes onto forumfiy) like me, that gets made a moderator, so then they can listen to the community and help implement those ideas into the game.

Hopefully, this Mr Void will listen to the community, and I hope he does bring those ideas into the game. But I would also like a EE veteran to be made a moderator so they have more experience. However Benjaminsen   makes   people moderators if he knows them and can talk to them in person.

However I have hope in 'Mr Void'. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Alexthementalone (Jan 5 2013 2:51:35 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Krock

Yes, I see that also so, the old EE was "better" than the current but the "old" players can't realize that this is the reality and we can nothing change.

-> Life is life, hard and full of rocks in the way (said someone)

#5 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

What RPG elements have been added at all to the game?   Though I do agree that anyone complaining about how updates now are no good probably would have done the same back when the game was broken every month.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#6 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

What RPG elements have been added at all to the game?   Though I do agree that anyone complaining about how updates now are no good probably would have done the same back when the game was broken every month.

Magic being experience points, magic class being level ups, potions unable to be bought until of a certain class.

#7 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

An RPG element has an effect on the game, right?

Magic class doesn't have any impact on the game itself and therefore is not an RPG element.

Potions have no bearing in most levels and are therefore not RPG elements, neither is how much magic you need to have to buy them.

Magic has been in the game for over a year, don't complain about it now.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#8 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

An RPG element has an effect on the game, right?

Magic class doesn't have any impact on the game itself and therefore is not an RPG element.

Potions have no bearing in most levels and are therefore not RPG elements, neither is how much magic you need to have to buy them.

Magic has been in the game for over a year, don't complain about it now.

I just told you the RPG elements; I didn't complain about them.

They do effect the game.   A lot of people want easy coin collecting levels.   Most people aren't wanting to play harder levels with very few coins.   People want magic.   People want to level up.   New Magic was introduced a few updates ago.   Before then, magic didn't exist since it was removed.   This "year" you speak of I believe was mostly where magic wasn't in the game.

Make a large world with no coins.   Then make one with lots of coins.   Then you'll see these RPG elements take effect.

#9 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

It is exactly like my words... I really hope EE can be rewinded to the very, very beginning...

#10 Before February 2015

edgeofglory123

No. I enjoy the piano pack because you can create things people can appreciate. I have a level I made before MrShoe. I kept updating the boss with the new packs because I used to think the updates were nice. Then came the deletion of magic. Then came the Summer 2012 pack. It devastated me to see a relatively good idea being wasted over 3 packs. I bought the updates, but I didn't use them anymore. I was numb to EE. The thrill came back a little with space worlds but it died again recently. EE is dead to me. It is, as I said in Adventures, the few stragglers trying to keep it alive, and a bunch of n00bs weighing it down. We need to start over from the start of MrShoe but keep this for the satisfied n00bs. This is my compromise. If you don't like it, you can go suck a lemon.

#11 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

edgeofglory123 wrote:

No. I enjoy the piano pack because you can create things people can appreciate. I have a level I made before MrShoe. I kept updating the boss with the new packs because I used to think the updates were nice. Then came the deletion of magic. Then came the Summer 2012 pack. It devastated me to see a relatively good idea being wasted over 3 packs. I bought the updates, but I didn't use them anymore. I was numb to EE. The thrill came back a little with space worlds but it died again recently. EE is dead to me. It is, as I said in Adventures, the few stragglers trying to keep it alive, and a bunch of n00bs weighing it down. We need to start over from the start of MrShoe but keep this for the satisfied n00bs. This is my compromise. If you don't like it, you can go suck a lemon.

I like the music blocks too, because they are good for levels. That was before MrShoe also. But when EE started it's change, I lost interest fast as well. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

fgRzols.png

#12 Before February 2015

magic277isback

I played EE Since may 2010, And the first updates were AWESOME, There was no bc,beta,Exp,Level ups,Saved levels,coins,Usernames,Accounts,Moderators,etc.
When I played it for first time, Only there were like 18 blocks and a black glitch block,there were 6 smileys,Open And Locked worlds with a key on it.
When chris created coins, the game was AWESOME!, It was a full sandbox game. Then chris said to donate to EE 500 dollars to release a SIMPLE Blue coin, And almost all in everybody edits community liked it to donate him for Blue coins, Yeah I wanted it too.
Then the beta smileys came, do you question why beta smileys , because chris said that if you donate you get smileys, And i said: If i donate 1 Penny or any ammount of money i would get the smileys? Then i said: It would be fine but I never asked my parents that time , I Never donated a single penny to EE , Then blocks like crown, Doors, Gates, Black block,Grass came. EE Reached his donation, But blue coins were not released untill 0.7.6.0 , Beta came and Spawn locations , Worlds ,smileys came . I WAS Surprised for first time and I was wishing to buy it for 5 Dollars, but i never did it. The year came too fast, EE Reached his ver 1.0, Chat ,Magic coins,Gems and energy were released And the game was still being fun,but I never participated a contest because Im too lazy. After 1.0, MrShoe Came, When he released theses updates were too fast and ugly, The levels were getting worse. Before 1.0 I was playing it everyday and I spent my time with that game, and now i play it like 2 or 3 times per week in a short time, Then MrShoe made the stupidiest thing ever : He removed the magic coin system //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad , Then was replaced with the new one that is worst because the max energy that I can have is 400! . Then more boring updates came , Hazards make me laggy , and new moderator called MrVoid came and please mrVoid..... Listen to the community.

Last edited by magic277isback (Jan 7 2013 6:20:21 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Muffin

Commenting on your reasoning:

OLD EE
PROS
Uncommon, yet good updates that fit the game - How is "uncommon" a pro?
Active administrators who interact with the community - LIES, maybe contests
A fun, clean playing experience without any confusion - LOL
A good community, who make good, original levels - Nope, there were still stairs and box minis back then.
No bad bots that ruin the gameplay for others - How the heck does a bot ruin gameplay?!
CONS
Uncommon updates, for those who love updates - This is in pros and cons??
Too little features, for those who love features - wat

TODAY'S EE
PROS
Fast updates, for those who like updates - Why would you not want updates?
Better game play experience, for those who like RPGs - EE is still not a RPG! You can ignore magic if you really care!
CONS
Bad levels that get promoted by noobs with woots - This happened before, bad levels got guest bombed and stayed open by noobs
Constant overwhelming updates that don't fir the game - This is a sandbox game, how can something not fit?
RPG elements getting in, sandbox element going out - Optional RPG element in, sandbox elements stay...
Most of the old community left, leaving mostly noobs - If you quit from this stuff, then you're clearly a noob that doesn't understand what I'm saying.
No active moderators, to take feedback and manage EE - This happened in the old EE too.

I don't get what makes people think EE is dead.

#14 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

Reasons for your reasoning. Bolded text.

Muffin wrote:

Commenting on your reasoning:

OLD EE
PROS
Uncommon, yet good updates that fit the game - How is "uncommon" a pro? - So others with low energy can keep up, and have time to enjoy the feature.
Active administrators who interact with the community - LIES, maybe contests - I saw them alot, I was very active at the time.
A fun, clean playing experience without any confusion - LOL - Now, we have a cluttered unorganized gameplay experience.
A good community, who make good, original levels - Nope, there were still stairs and box minis back then. - But nowadays, pro levels are gone, and 99% of levels are noobm compared to around 80%.
No bad bots that ruin the gameplay for others - How the heck does a bot ruin gameplay?! - Ones that spam the chat, annoy others, etc.
CONS
Uncommon updates, for those who love updates - This is in pros and cons?? - For those who really like fast updates, uncommon updates is a con.
Too little features, for those who love features - wat - No features, it was blocks and gravity back then.

TODAY'S EE
PROS
Fast updates, for those who like updates - Why would you not want updates? - They are bad, and constant.
Better game play experience, for those who like RPGs - EE is still not a RPG! You can ignore magic if you really care! - How? It shoves one in your face and makes a weird noise!
CONS
Bad levels that get promoted by noobs with woots - This happened before, bad levels got guest bombed and stayed open by noobs - But with level sorting, matters just got worse.
Constant overwhelming updates that don't fir the game - This is a sandbox game, how can something not fit? - They don't look right, compared to old times.
RPG elements getting in, sandbox element going out - Optional RPG element in, sandbox elements stay... - Magic and levels are optional?
Most of the old community left, leaving mostly noobs - If you quit from this stuff, then you're clearly a noob that doesn't understand what I'm saying. - I mostly quit EE, but that doesn't make me a noob...
No active moderators, to take feedback and manage EE - This happened in the old EE too. - Not for me, they were very active, compared to how many we see today.

I don't get what makes people think EE is dead.

fgRzols.png

#15 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

What the hell are you smoking? It's clearly an FPS.

#16 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Well, braching out from the OP, I only have one comment.

Stubby wrote:

Can you please explain this? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but why is that a bad thing? For a person like me, who cannot make levels very well, I find more fun in chatting with others instead of creating new worlds. And isn't the point of the game to have fun?

That's why I get so frustrated sometimes with people. I mean I know most would call my a hypocrite, because when I'm in a bad mood all I do is troll, but really it's all in good fun. I don't think you can judge the game solely by it's community contributions.

Most people will probably argue with me saying stuff like "omfg julian suk", "omfg MrShoe ruin gam" or whatever, but he didn't really. I just think most veterans either left because A, they didn't have time to play anymore, or B they were just overwhelmed with all the bad updates.

Well newsflash you don't have to buy or use them in your levels, so what's the big deal? I'm sick and tired of people complaining about every last "bad update".

Well rant aside....

The only thing I do miss, as you have said above, is moderators who actually talk back to the community. It would be nice to see MrShoe doing some public appearances once in a while instead of just coming on once a week for like an hour, and then not coming on again. I wonder what did happen to RPGMaster2000. He was best mod //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#17 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

HappyKat wrote:

I wonder what did happen to RPGMaster2000.

He, like the aforementioned "pros" that have gone, more than likely left because of other life arrangements.

They had absolutely nothing binding them to Everybody Edits, so when the simplest dissatisfaction arises they utilize their right to stop playing (remember EX formally disbanding after Chris's terribad physics update?).

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Stubby142392343138001

Board footer