Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Let's get serious.

This is not a rage. This is a suggestion for a way to get rules, and guarantee our account's safety. I personally have no judgement over how much you personally paid (I payed 5$) But MrShoe might care. I am filtering the amount to reduce spam.
Much has been mentioned about petitions. Personally, I appreciate how much you care, but it will be ignored.

P788 wrote:

Everybody spam MrShoe's mail box until he unbans Helvi!

This was probably written as a joke, but it's really, what I believe, to be our main option. Of course spamming will get no where, and it should be for more than just Helvi's banning.

Recently I had my builder's club removed. MrShoe probably gave me the auto reply, but it was a fast reply, and he must have been going through everyone's messages.

This means he really does use that email.

Those who have spent say, more than 15 dollars on this game should email him first. Tell him how you would like a set of rules and so forth, so you can guarantee you can follow the rules and protect your investment.

Try to do this before beta's builder's club trial expires, and after he gets off of vacation. This is when he is more likely to check his email. Please report his responses back to the forums.

Hopefully the players that have made investments larger than 15$ will get a response. Please comment if you plan to email him.

*NOTE: We will get no where if dozens of people who have only payed 10$ on the game all email him. I believe he does not respond well to spam.

His email is <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="563c233a3f373816332033242f3439322f33323f22257835393b">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script> (As mentioned on the sidebar of the blog)

Mod-Edit: Do not spam him with nonsensical garbage. I highly encourage you to instead be respectful and mature.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 30 2012 6:41:53 pm)

1oGNJTH.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Koto

Re: Let's get serious.

I got beta, and a couple other things by doing surveys/etc. for gems.   I assume this counts as me spends $0 on this, since I haven't spent anything on it

#3 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Why are the people who spent 5 dollars less on this game insignificant than those who have paid 5 dollars more, but whose emails have meaning?

I think anyone who has spent a cent on this game should have a voice about what they spent their money on.  

*NOTE: We will get no where if we forget those who have spent more on this game than it's worth.

Personally I have yet to spend a penny on this game as I don't find it worth any money yet.   It feels so incomplete.   It's a simple flash game and that's all it really is.   Sure it's fun, but as of now, looks like it's a good thing I haven't spent anything in case I get banned for no good reason.

#4 Before February 2015

Koto

People who spent more on it, get more say, basically.   Its basic business.

#5 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I've spent over $30. It doesn't matter how much money you spent on the game.
All opinions matter equally, regardless of how much you invested in this game.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 Before February 2015

Koto

Yes, but if they were going to listen to anybody, it should generally assume it would be the people who are providing them with the most money.

#7 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

AzurePudding wrote:

Why are the people who spent 5 dollars less on this game insignificant than those who have paid 5 dollars more, but whose emails have meaning?

I think anyone who has spent a cent on this game should have a voice about what they spent their money on.  

*NOTE: We will get no where if we forget those who have spent more on this game than it's worth.

Personally I have yet to spend a penny on this game as I don't find it worth any money yet.   It feels so incomplete.   It's a simple flash game and that's all it really is.   Sure it's fun, but as of now, looks like it's a good thing I haven't spent anything in case I get banned for no good reason.

I am narrowing it down. I think if someone says they spent 20$ on the game, they might get more attention. Even if they don't, less have spent that much, and I am just drawing a line as to stop from over-spamming his email. Personally I have only spent 5$ and am not going to send an email if people who have spent 15$ go along with this plan.

I am not judging by how much people   have payed, I just think it might matter to MrShoe.

People that have spent a cent do have a voice, they can go ahead and send an email, just don't get mad when he doesn't respond to anyone because of all the spam. I was simply narrowing it down.

The whole point is to use the bigger investors as messengers to force MrShoe's hand to make rules (and in return guarantees that if we keep the rules we keep the account) about banning and refunds.

1oGNJTH.gif

#8 Before February 2015

Terence22205

I've spent $200+ on this game. I'm not going to spam someone's email.

He's on vacation. Let him enjoy it.

And don't spam his inbox when he gets back.

I'm AMAZED that this rage is directed toward him, and not Chris.

Chris left us with an updater who knew nothing about the game. What did he think would happen?

Get angry at Chris. Not the newnub that struggles to make updates, because everything he does is ridiculed.

No, I will not email him.

No, I will not sign any petitions.

It's Chris' game. And he should be hold 100% accountable for whatever happens to it.

Last edited by Terence22205 (Dec 30 2012 12:22:00 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Koto

I can be mad at whoever I want.

#10 Before February 2015

Terence22205

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I can be mad at whoever I want.

Of course you can.

I'm just saying that all of this unhelpful, unneeded, hateful rage at Julian is misdirected.

#11 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Yes but the OP is saying if you paid 5 dollars less, you get no say, not less say.   There's a difference between more and less say and any say and no say.

Terence22205 wrote:

I think you mean your parent's have spent over 200 dollars.

#12 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Yes but the OP is saying if you paid 5 dollars less, you get no say, not less say.   There's a difference between more and less say and any say and no say.

That's not what he's saying at all.   Read what he wrote here.

SilverStar29 wrote:

I am not judging by how much people   have payed, I just think it might matter to MrShoe.

AzurePudding wrote:
Terence22205 wrote:

You don't know this, he could be 30 years old for all you know.   Please, don't just assume things like this, it really bugs me.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Dec 30 2012 12:54:26 am)

#13 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

That's not what he's saying at all.   Read what he wrote here.

SilverStar29 wrote:

AzurePudding wrote:
Terence22205 wrote:

You don't know this, he could be 30 years old for all you know.   Please, don't just assume things like this, it really bugs me.

Let me rephrase that.   What he said originally.

I've talked to Terence before.   Terence says he/she gets a lot of allowance from parents.   "Please, don't just assume things like this, it really bugs me."

Last edited by AzurePudding (Dec 30 2012 1:17:18 am)

#14 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Terence22205 wrote:

He's on vacation. Let him enjoy it.

And don't spam his inbox when he gets back.

Chris left us with an updater who knew nothing about the game. What did he think would happen?

Get angry at Chris. Not the newnub that struggles to make updates, because everything he does is ridiculed.

No, I will not email him.

No, I will not sign any petitions.

It's Chris' game. And he should be hold 100% accountable for whatever happens to it.

I made it clear that we would limit the amount of people that emailed.

SilverStar29 wrote:

Of course spamming will get no where...

SilverStar29 wrote:

*NOTE: We will get no where if dozens of people who have only payed 10$ on the game all email him. I believe he does not respond well to spam.

I just set it at 10 dollars because I believe most only payed for beta, and that is the typical beta price. I wanted to filter out a mass majority. To prevent spamming his inbox.

SilverStar29 wrote:

Try to do this before beta's builder's club trial expires, and after he gets off of vacation. This is when he is more likely to check his email.

And it's not like I'm planning to start a flood of messages. I'm trying to get maybe 10 emails to him for the sole purpose of getting rules for our account and rules about refunds for our accounts. And really, 10 emails is a small amount to the total number of players that care.

SilverStar29 wrote:

Tell him how you would like a set of rules and so forth, so you can guarantee you can follow the rules and protect your investment.

And really, as to KOTO and AzurePudding, the information that they send back about rules will benefit your investment of time. I just don't think that everyone should email him because he might not care about your time legally or not.

Terence22205 wrote:

It is not a rage. It's a way of getting rules. Why is that so hard to understand? And I didn't think of Chris, but Julian seems to be the most active, and we know he checks his email. I'm not angry, simply concerned.

And really, it is your choice if you want to support getting rules or not.

1oGNJTH.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Dazz

I've made a topic about sugesting EE rules before and everyone was "meh" even though everyone is affected by this no one cared.
  When this game had 22 users/day it was easy to manage and deal with isolated issues,   there were no money involved and no accounts. When Chris created accounts and BETA accounts involving money, rules had to be on the first place, more than any updates and any packs and what not.

Beeing ignorant when it comes to money its super easy, to Chris was a priority to make money fast   instead of thinking also at the comunity of EE and the after effects of making this game a commercial game. Not to mention that half of the users of EE are KIDS that don't know their rights and not all know to manage their money for something with a similar value, therfore accepting to be manipulated with phrases like "We care about your levels and we want them to be beautiful" for what?
more money. What's the deal here anyway, I can't understand users whom embrace with such enthusiasm the BC club   and prefer   to pay every 3, 6 or 12 months instead of asking back the energy system which was FREE.

All opinions should matter equally because this game also feeds with users not only money, these days having such a game with a huge number of users can bring only prosperity if you know how to manage and NOT abuse their rights.

Its never late to change something but maybe in this case it is, to give you an example, old BETAS please, take a look at your profile, look better, do you see yourself a BETA? no, you know why? because you don't count as a beta, therfore you can't prove you have ever paid a dime to this game, let's see how you make yourself heard now on that account. This is where we all loose, no rules, no money and no history of who you are or what you did. "Im Chris or Julian I can delete you without a care in the world with all you cra*** levels, btw thanks fo' yo' money sucker!".
All in all everything its super, we are all happy because we have updates, a new pack of bricks and we can die in peace IRL and EE too now! :rolleyes:

Last edited by dazz (Dec 30 2012 11:27:34 am)

#16 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

So far I see little problems with MrShoe or Benjaminsen, apart from some mistakes they have made, which were mistakes, and Helvi's ban, which supposedly was a mistake, and will hopefully be fixed when MrShoe returns. There is nothing wrong with updates, apart from BC which disallows people from purchasing what they gain through the membership. This can easily be solved through enabling the action. Despite MrShoe being the one shown on all updates, both MrShoe and Benjaminsen work on the game decisions so people shouldn't place all the blame on a single one of them. I constantly see people saying stuff about MrShoe and complaining about various problems, and most times MrShoe has listened and solved these problems. I think emailing him to add rules is different than many other suggestions because rather than telling him to fix something he ruined, you are asking him to add something.
Examples:
Water
[will add to later]

#17 Before February 2015

Saintcool

*Engage Hipster mode*

I emailed MrShoe about Helvis situation a week ago, before it was cool.

Last edited by Saintcool (Dec 30 2012 12:12:55 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

We can't just go spamming all willynilly [also i was the one who mentioned the petition thing originally THANKS], and it's only considered spam if it's constant and just jibberish. Let's do something like have those who have paid money MENTION their account, the money they've spent, and how they'd like Helvi to be unbanned or something. Don't be mass account spamming julian or something. I think people who have also been on EE for a while should be a part of this as well, because maybe he'll listen to those who know a bit about ee. I'd like to think Julian would value the opinion of a 'pro' over a 'noob' (if they paid equal amounts of money).
Is this making sense?
And Terence, we have reason to believe it is JULIAN behind Helvi's banning, and we're just adding more to this because we know it's him behind all of this. Chris is on the backburner and we're okay with him for now. We're like a pack of wolves, man.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#19 Before February 2015

Koto

Again, even though I got beta, and a few other things, I'm assuming it counts as spending nothing, since I did gem offers.   Is this correct?   If not, I'll help out, with sending emails.

#20 Before February 2015

I wonder, how would Julian know if somebody spent a amount of dollars in EE? I doubt he'd go and check the spendings of every single use who emailed him.

Last edited by 0176 (Dec 30 2012 6:13:38 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

hummerz5

I doubt it, too.
But it is possible.

#22 Before February 2015

Bash

I promised Silver I would write a reply here today, so here it is.

As a developer, I know how it feels to have users email me.   The short explanation is that I wish I could block most of them.

When one user sends me a message about something that seems important, I'll generally take some time to write a message back to them and explain what is needed.   If another one sends me a message, I'll probably custom write them a message too.   Three users tends to be my limit for thoughtful replies before it turns to "Oh, another one" and I lose any interest.   Especially if they have horrible spelling and grammar, or just don't seem like they care.   So sending Julian a bunch of emails about something that only takes one or two, it's not something I would recommend.

To the owner of a commercial business (which EverybodyEdits has turned in to, most likely tied to Player.IO) money is definitely important.   If your business isn't making money, your business fails.   Nobody wants to fail.

That's why they brought in Builders Club!   It isn't targeted at children, and probably not at young adults either.   It's targeted at those who have their own credit cards, the parents of the children and other adults who may play the game.   For the children who have their own credit cards, I'm not going there right now.

As a developer though, the money that the business which hired you is bringing in doesn't have as much of an impact.   Although job security does matter, so you don't want to drive a company into the ground.   That's why you generally implement things that you've been told will keep the business rolling along, so I wouldn't put the blame of Builders Club onto Julian entirely.

Recommending that those who have paid $X and up won't work.   The time it would take to prove that someone isn't telling you a lie far outweighs the time it will take for you to reply to the message, or even delete it if you don't feel like replying.   Those affected should be the ones sending the email, and maybe one of their friends who are concerned.   Not 100 people who know them that are concerned that it may happen to them too.

Which brings me to my final point (I know, it's a long post): Most of your aren't mad that this happened to Helvi, you are concerned that this can happen to you.
Think about it.   All that I have heard is that Helvi was banned without reason out of nowhere with no hints at it coming.   So if you think about it, you could swap his name out with yours and you would also be in his situation.

To summarize what I said, don't email Julian or Chis about this.   EE is a business, that's why Builders Club now exists and those who are beta are shocked (for some strange reason).   Julian probably doesn't care about BC, he is still getting paid either way.   Only those affected should be complaining.   And the rest of you are complaining because you realize it could have been you.

TL;DR: Don't send the email.

#23 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

I don't really get what is going on here.   Out of nowhere, Helvi is banned and now we're in rage.   It just is not the logical way to approach this.   We need to wait and see what happens before we start mass e-mailing (not that this is what I support).   Like said above, just get a few people, who are close to Helvi personally, to e-mail MrShoe, wait to see what he does, and then take action as necessary.

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

Ahh... I'll just go the heart of the argument.

AzurePudding wrote:

I assume you have no idea why stockholders hold power in a company or why bribery exists. Everybody wants money, and so MrShoe is more likely to listen to those who give him more. You may wish to believe otherwise, but it's basic business.

If Person 1 gives you fifty cents and tells you to do A, and Person 2 gives you fifty dollars and tells you to do B, would you do A or B?

More to the point of this topic, if Person 1 gives you fifty cents and tells you to slap yourself or risk losing his business, you probably wouldn't do it. However, if Person 2 gives you fifty dollars and tells you to slap yourself or risk losing his business, you'll at least be more inclined to do it.

#25 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

Think about this (and I am staying neutral in terms of liking or not liking of MrShoe, so this has nothing to do with my point of reasoning): what if MrShoe just quits because he's tired with all this bs you guys are giving him.   You guys are thinking in the present and the time shortly after that; there would be NO GAME if he wasn't editing in often.

And no, not everyone fits into the criteria of the people I'm advising.

SilverStar142392356537867

Board footer